South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.5/148.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Stalled again

Hi again everyone,
So, I am into my 1st week of ph 2, and have added fruit back in. I usually have a 1/2 c of frozen berries mixed with non fat plain yogurt with a sprinkle of wheat germ 3 pecans and a dab of splenda and vanilla. Either as morning snack or part of my breakfast.
Everything else in the day is ph1 with a lot of veggies, and usually a serving of beans with dinner.
I must be overeating because my weight hasn't budged!!
I am drinking tons of water.

The good news is I haven't touched any no-no stuff at all, and, haven't had any desire to do so!! And, I haven't been hungry in between my meals/snacks.

I guess I keep hoping the pounds will melt away as they did the first time I was on SBD...I am not a patient woman!!

Maybe I put too much salt in my food preparation(roasting veggies, adding to chili/ baked chicken/broiled steak), however, I don't think I am too heavy handed...
I don't know.
Not discouraged, but disappointed.
Thanks,
Deb
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Deb, I am on my 4th week, hardly added anything in, and the scale is not moving for me either. But I think it is just my real weight loss catching up with the water loss from the first week. My past two times on SB I spent a long time losing only half a pound a week, discouraging but I felt great so kept at it.

Hang in there and I will be hanging in with you.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 161.5/148.5/130

Thanks Karen, and good luck to you, too!
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdeb View Post
The good news is I haven't touched any no-no stuff at all, and, haven't had any desire to do so!! And, I haven't been hungry in between my meals/snacks.
Count your blessings! Something is working here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdeb View Post
I guess I keep hoping the pounds will melt away as they did the first time I was on SBD...I am not a patient woman!!
For me, one of the most important things I have learned this time, is that if I am committed to a change in my WOE and WOL, then I will do the footwork (ie eat OP) and practice patience and let my body transform at it's own pace. I ate in an unhealthy way for many years, and when I "dieted" I wanted immediate change. My DH has a saying, "twenty miles in, twenty miles out." I think finding patience in a new WOL is half the battle.

Best wishes! If you believe in this WOE, change will come.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #5  

IF you think that the fruit is slowing your weight loss (I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying if you think it is) you might want to change it up. Eat it at a different time of day or eat some other fruit. It probably is, as Karen said, just your body catching up with the water loss of the first two weeks.
siobhanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #6  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Im with lex- that is a huge accomplishment! your body is changing and its a great thing! have you been measuring yourself? I always think its best to measure your weightloss in more than just the scale! Keep it up- it will come off!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #7  
Be happy.

Each time I've done phase 1 my 3rd week has been a no loss or < 1 lb loss. It's not made any difference if I went right into phase 2 or if I've done an extra week of phase 1, so I've always assumed my body is adjusting to the large weight loss I always have in phase 1.

(I rarely go back to phase 1 once I've moved on, but sadly I've lost on SBD, maintained for a while and then decided I was home free and forgot all I'd learned. I've gained back large amounts of weight more than once in the past 8 years. )
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Deb, I doubt the fruit is hurting you. Here are some things to try:
  • Give your body time to adjust. Wait a week or two and see how you are doing.
  • If you were having cravings, I'd try having the fruit at a different time of day, but you don't need to worry about that (posting so others reading know).
  • Are you exercising? Now that you're in Phase 2, if you haven't been exercising, it's time to start! You may be eating less calories than you're burning, but it may be such a small amount each day that the loss hasn't registered on the scale yet. Exercise will kick that up several notches so you see the change. Dr. A recommends interval cardio, and I've found it's very helpful. You also want to do weight-bearing exercises.
  • Try putting your daily menu into Fitday to see how many calories you're consuming. As a comparison, try entering in a typical day from Phase 1 to see if you're eating much more.

I'm sure this stall will pass eventually. Hopefully it's soon!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote