South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Willpower Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I'm up extra early today, and think I'll just go with the flow. I've made a new commitment at the gym on MW and my friend picks me up at 6:30. I have a tremendous amount of paperwork which I could accomplish while it's quiet and nap later. Oops! Rudi got a bath last night which means we'd better get up to the hospital while he's still beautiful. Bathing him is quite a chore, which I'd gladly pass on to someone else, but for the $$. Amidst all this, I'm needing to stay OP. I had my worst food day since starting SBD Monday, but you chickies have taught me to land on my feet and keep truckin'! So...I'm sending everyone on this Wednesday.

What's everyone up to today? Sit and chat for a bit.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie!

Does Rudi cooperate at bath time? I've never bathed my smooth haired dachshunds - ever! lol They're easy enough to keep clean and smelling good with a brush and a washcloth. They've always been good for nail clipping and tooth brushing but I'm not sure they'd cooperate very well if I tried to bathe them!

Enjoy your exercise/hanging out with friends time this morning. Will you have breakfast out again?

More snow here, I just finished shoveling. It's light, fluffy stuff and I finished more quickly than I expected. I rushed inside to shower and get ready for work just in time to get the phone call announcing a 1 hour delay. So now I'm feeling like a lady of leisure! lol

Good morning to those who haven't checked in yet.
Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi
It's very cold here, but no snow. Looks like you can get some more snowshoeing in. Rudi is very patient, but he's older and his backend is a bit weak. He is beautiful, but his hair is the longest of any I've ever seen...10 inches at least, black and shiny. When he's groomed it actually comes to the floor, hiding his feet. When he's been rolling in the snow...well...he's one big mess! Enjoy your extra time this AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers

Debbie - Was that 1:30 your time?! That's not up early that's late to bed Hope you have a GREAT day. Congratulations for jumping back on plan and your new gym commitment. If you can roll past "those days" and keep moving in the right direction it will all come together in the end. I know you can do it

Heidi - Good morning I think it snowed here too but it's too dark to know yet. The plows that woke me up at 5 are a pretty good clue though. Enjoy your extra hour

It's already hump day of a very odd week. Yesterday had a long boring meeting then a really enjoyable visit in the afternoon. This young woman is great - so motivated and interested in learning new ideas and activities. I'm going to have fun working with her. Today is less interesting - PT in the morning (she wants me to run through a couple of my 10 minute workouts so she can check my form) and then a dreaded conference call.

Still staying almost perfectly on plan (the PB calls to me in the afternoon. not off plan but extra calories I don't need) and getting plenty of exercise but the scale just stares up at me with those stupid numbers on it. I just hope I remember this next time I start gaining (and I will, life is like that). relosing 8 lbs is way more work than losing three times that originally.

Time to hit the Wii. I'm actually looking forward to my morning stretch and strengthening. Who would have thought?!

Have a good day all
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies! I'm jumping right back in. Our trip to Washington was good but honestly I am happy to be home and getting back into things. Hubby is on vacation this week so I need to draw up a small list of tasks around the house for him . We swung by a shore house on the way home to check it out yesterday on the way back and decided to definitely rent it with friends so I've got to send the check out and then figure out where the rest is coming from LOL. And, camp registration is on Friday! I can't believe I'm dealing with the summer NOW, in January.

I'm doing 2 more days of Phase 1 and then starting Phase 1.5 on Friday. I'm looking forward to that because it means that I will start back at the gym on the rowing machine. I haven't been to the gym on Phase 1 because I've been taking it easy (I do walk 1 mile every day bringing my son to and from school though) so that should be interesting...have a great day ladies!

BTW Lexiss....I wasn't sure if Rudi was a person or an animal until Heidi commented!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 01-20-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Heidi
It's very cold here, but no snow. Looks like you can get some more snowshoeing in.
Yes, I hope so! I only had time to go out for 20 minutes or so yesterday but it was beautiful. I'm hoping to squeeze in a good walk between school and church tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
BTW Lexiss....I wasn't sure if Rudi was a person or an animal until Heidi commented!
That struck me funny when I read it in your post - but it REALLY struck me funny when I reread Debbie's post.

Good morning Cyndi!
You're really tempting me to spend the big bucks on a wii and a wii fit plus.... lol
Old 01-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Mmmck and Debbie's post. Yes, Rudi could have been one of Debbie's kids or even her DH! I did know who she meant.

Heidi, we had a skiff of snow last night and now the weatherman says "Ice Fog"! Sound scary for my drive to the gym but sometimes I think the weather folks are drama queens.

Cyndi, I am having trouble getting back on track these days. Do you suppose I should invest in a World War II machine?

After gym this morning, I'll whip up wee tartan scarves for the doggage to wear to the Robbie Burns lunch today. The clients will like that. I really don't have time to teach them the highland fling but maybe the sword dance?

I know I said I was going to cut out stuff but must confess I'm going to a script reading tonight. Stay tuned for further news.

Happy Hump Day and may the upward hump be just a gentle rise.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I'm pulling up a chair to sit down and chat with you all for a while. I took some trash out to the curb, tidied the livingroom, and have Jake's supper in the oven. So I think I deserve a little "me" time before I head off to Cindy's.

Debbie, I hope you finally get to the bottom of that pile of paperwork this morning! I'm glad you hopped right back on the wagon after your slip-up on Monday, and know you can hang on.

Heidi, good morning, lady of leisure! Enjoy your bonus time this morning, and take care on those snowy roads!

Cyndi, I hope your conference call isn't too awful. How long do they usually last? I hope the snow hasn't made your driving too bad, be careful out there!

Mmc, welcome back from vacation! You were smart to reserve your shore house now, before they get all booked up. That reminds me that I'd better start looking, too! The best places in Cape May get booked up fast, and the big rush starts around President's Day.

Thank goodness it's Wednesday. It feels like I've put in a full week so far, though. Audrey was feeling a little better yesterday and her fever is gone, but Maggie woke up with a fever so we kept her home from school. At least she wasn't throwing up or having diarrhea like Audrey, so I'm not sure what to expect when I get there this morning. Thank goodness I don't usually catch their germs, but I make sure I keep my hands washed and use a lot of disinfectant!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody! I have to jump in the shower before Connor gets home but I wanted to say hello. I'll be back later to do personals.

We're home again. It was really nice to be with family and I am so grateful that we had such traveling mercies to get to the States so quickly. We got a lot done while we were there and spent good time with my parents, in-laws, and our siblings. I didn't do spectacular staying on plan, but I've lost what I gained already, so my ticker isn't lying.

I've got butternut squash soup in the crockpot and bread in the machine for dinner and Tom is picking up salad fixings to go with it. One of our favorite meals! Can't wait for tonight!!! Connor's basketball practice was cancelled today so he and Tom are going to do Connor's pinewood derby car this afternoon and evening. The race is Saturday and we just got the block of wood because we were away! Yikes! Looks like it'll be a simple car this year. Kadyn and Avery were sick the day after we got back and I kept them home from school yesterday to make sure they were better but they're back in Kindergarten today. They were excited to go back. I would be, too. Their school rocks!

OK, better get cleaned up before the boy gets home.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth and Kara!

Ruth, the mere words, "ice-fog", do sound pretty ominous. Please be careful!

Kara, welcome back! I'm glad your girlies got over the sickies quickly and you're all easing back into your normal routines again.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Happy Wed. I missed dinner last night 'cause I overslept and it was 8:00am when I got up. I woke up late today, so little sis. has to be dropped off by Mom (sigh). Take care all and stay on OP.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Debbie, sorry about your Monday being yucky. Good attitude, though, getting back together and on plan again! I always find it easier to stick to my guns when I have a menu pre-written.

Heidi, I hope you enjoyed your extra hour off this morning! That's a nice treat!

Cyndi, isn't it the truth that relosing weight always is harder? It's stupid. Hope your PT goes better than expected and that the conference call isn't as awful as usual!

Mmckellen, what shore will you visit this summer? I love the shore! We always spent summers at Cape May in New Jersey.

Ruth, what type of script will be read tonight? Will it be the author reading or actors or neither?

Linda, hope the girls are super duper when you get to Cindy's today! Sick kids are just too sad.

FO, you must've really needed that sleep if you slept so long! Hope you're feeling OK!

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cyndi, I did go to bed early...Have a great day, get through the ccall, and best of all enjoy your early morning Wii.

Mmc, Usually when I say Rudi is going to the hospital I'm asked what Vet or what happened. The great thing about the daily is we all get acquainted. Rudi is a therapy dog, his sister, Lexxiss, passed away in Sept. Glad to hear you're glad to be back in your routine.

Ruth, It's one of those funny mornings! Script reading?!? *sigh* I just told the rescue group I would figure out the software for recording animal intake and..handle interviews for prospective adoptions Be careful on the road, and yes, weather reports lend themselves to big drama. Have a great day!

Cottage, yeah, I feel good. It was bound to happen after 8 mos, but it's great to be back on track. I'm putting my address book on computer this AM. It will be nice when it's finished. I'm amazed you don't catch more from the girls; I think its a great testament to your good health. Have a great day-tomorrow is Friday!

Hi Kara, glad to see you back. Too bad the kids got sick, but it sounds like you're back into your routine. I really enjoy hearing about all your activities!

FoodObsessed, hope you hop right into your plan today. My Monday poor food choices were a result of not living up to others' expectations-and I took it out on myself. Glad you got some rest, it sounds like you really needed it!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Bad morning here. Melting snow = water in basement. (Long term leak problem that I won't bore you with.) Worst part is that it is now working its way under my desk so I may have to unplug and move everything. And my computer has become a lifeline! Such hassles.

Positive note - getting my hair trimmed and colored today. Hope this masks the gray I will surely add with stress over this darn basement. DS finally back to school but got little accomplished on his 4 day weekend so I sense a nagfest coming. Phew - I'm not sounding very chipper today.

Debbie - Our dog used to run and hide if she heard the basement tub running since that is where we bathed her

Heidi - Shoveling burns lots of calories!

Cyndi - I gave in to the voice of PB yesterday! On ww bread which I had not planned to add back in yet. Sigh. And I'm with you on relosing being harder

Mmc - Summer will be here before we know it despite the winter seemingly dragging on! Crazy how time flies.

Ruth - Happy wee whipping and wee dancing?

Cottage - so nice of you to play nursemaid. Hope everyone is improving.

Kara - Glad you made it back home safe and sound. Sooo many memories of Pinewood Derbys with my sons.

Have a great day FoodO ... and everyone
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen. I hate those lingering house issues, and I've had many. I hope you move your lifeline to drier ground!
Closed Thread