Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default A bad plan day

So, today was my first day of school and I was all stressed out so I just didn't get around to tracking calories today. I did all right at first besides my piece of chocolate cake for breakfast. Fit in my calorie allotment for breakfast but sooo not healthy. And I resisted the urge for junk food on break at school and ate a banana. But I'm feeling kinda bad about not tracking my calories. I am not good enough at portion sizes to just eat and not worry. And now I feel overly full, which means I ate to much. Oh well, helathy normal sized snack tonight and back to counting them tomorrow. And sorry for the long rambling story, but I feel better getting it out.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'd still track them right now, even if you have to estimate. The few days I've gone off plan, I sucked it and entered every bite in Fitday and it wasn't even as bad as I was dreading, under 2500 even on my worst day. At least for me, my idea of how much is "too much" is really different now, and even my cheating is different now.

But in any case, glad you are getting right back on plan tomrrow.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #3  

Thanks, I'm at 2300 today, which is really one 300 over for me at the moment. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Guess I get full faster now. Plus count in the 40 minutes on the elliptical machine and it is about a wash, so I didn't screw myself over too bad.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

The first thing you did was recognize that you were stress eating 9or attempting to!)! Most people do not even realize that they are doing it. You managed to get back on track and start counting again, that a good accomplishment. So you went a little over, just don't fall into a trend of doing it! And I'm definitely proud of you for not throwing the day away because you got off to a bad start! And hello! You bypassed the snack machine! (YAY!!!!)

School can be overwhelming! I dread the end of the semester when it seems like everything is due in such a short time! That's when I know I'll be an emotional mess! Just prepare yourself for it. Need to count calories, but are busy during the day, why don't you prepare a plan the night before and check the item off as you eat it. You can leave room for some changes, but the majority of your work will be done and you won't have to stress about looking up calories while at school!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Chocolate cake for breakfast?? That would definitely set me up for a really bad day. I'm very impressed that you held it together after that. Seriously! Good for you!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

We all have bad days. You recognized your stressor, made better choices after that and still plugged away. Congrats! Thats the way we do it The point is to keep going, not fall off completely because of a bad day here or there. You handled it very well and you know how to prevent it on future school days. Here's to a fresh start tomorrow!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #7  

If I would have been home with the chocolate cake, I would have been in big trouble. That's why I had it for breakfast, I knew if was not the healthiest choice, but I also knew I wouldn't be there for it to tempt me later on.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Next time throw the cake out. You don't HAVE to eat it. I make a huge point of never bringing anything into the house that I can't eat... so that way it's not there to tempt me!

Today is another day. I know you'll make better choices.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote