Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 03:47 PM   #1  
Donna

Smile

Hello Everyone,

Here is where we set and post our short term goals. This thread's end will be Easter. I can't believe Easter is only 4 weeks away, this year is just .

Since I didn't do to well on the St. Pat's goal, I think I'll plan on the same goals here:

1) lose 3 lbs. (since I'm averaging 1/2 lb a week this may be a bit ambitious but we'll see)

2) Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies. This doesn't seem to be a problem in the summer when there's fresh stuff out and I like eating salads and raw fruits and veggies but in the winter I turn into a carbo-junkie.

Here's hoping we all can meet our goals this month wether they're weight related or not.

- Tech
249.2/239/236(Easter)/170ish
Old 03-16-2001, 04:12 PM   #2  

Hi Tech! Thanks for starting our new thread. Best of luck to you with your Easter goals!

4 Weeks. Hmm. Ok, here goes: my goal is to lost 4 pounds by Easter. My plan to do this:

1. Continue exercise plan (usually 6-7 days per week).
2. Count all points!
3. Do not bring things into the home that I know I can't handle.
4. Increase fruit intake.
5. HEALTHY low point snacks.
6. Keep my goal in mind. Picture myself at my goal continually.
7. Set up weekly challenges for myself on things I need to work on.
8. Attend WW meetings and 3FC for accountability.

OK, so my challenge for this week is to increase my fiber intake. I'd like to shoot for 20 grams/day. It is hard to get all of that fiber in, but oh so good for you to do.

Starting - 170
Easter goal - 166

Hopping on - Rabbit
Old 03-16-2001, 04:49 PM   #3  
Pink Thingy

Default Hi - saw the St Pat's Day Goal Too Late But...

thought i'd jump on the bandwagon for the Easter Goal.

I live in London, am 30 and this is the 3rd time of joining WW. The program is slightly different here, we do not have a point range! I have 22 points per day and that is it. (Rabbbit - i was too lazy to start another post, so edited this one)
By the way, what date do you post results, I weigh in on a Tuesday lunchtime at the moment

My goals:
1. To lose 4lbs
2. To exercise everyday (know that ain't gonna happen)
3. To learn to love water
4. Not resort to full fat chocolate when I have a sweet craving
5. To remember that I am not Cookie Monster

Starting - 191.5lbs
Easter - 187.5lbs

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 03-19-2001 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:28 PM   #4  

Hi. HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

Day ones progress: I did great with the fiber, got it all in. I didn't do so well on the not having bad things in the house as I made my ss some brownies. I ate 3 and that put me over on points. They really weren't even all that great, I like them fudgy and they were kind of cakey. So I've put them up where I don't see them. Hopefully out of sight will be out of mind. And I must remember - THEY WERE NOT WORTH THE POINTS!!

My plan is kind of energizing me. I just need to reread it all the time so it stays with me!

BFB - Welcome and good luck with your goals!! So cool that you're in London. We just all post our results whenever our particular weigh in is. What do you do if you don't have points? One thing that helps me with water is, I ALWAYS drink water with meals.

Have a great weekend.

Rabbit
Old 03-18-2001, 10:32 AM   #5  

Smile

Hi all

Rabbit, Tech and BFB - Great goals...here's to complete success for all of us!! Spring should be a great time for us all to get back into fruit and veggies...I Loooove fruit in the spring/early summer.

I'm back and ready for another short term goal(s).
(1) In four weeks, I would like to have lost 4 lbs. (The MAGIC number it appears.)
(2) I would also like to take measurements today and again on Easter and see progress in that regard.
(3) I would like to be consistently exercising at least 5 times per week, starting tomorrow.

I have gotten so out of control in every aspect of my life in the last two to three weeks that I could really make about 15 goals relating to how I need to regain that control, but I want to be realistic. As I had hoped, DH and I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning and organizing our house and doing yardwork. Everything looks great and I feel great about it. Today, or at least this morning, is devoted to doing the same at work. By tomorrow, when I make my first early A.M. visit to the gym in two weeks, I should be substantially back to "normal"-- whatever that is.

My reward for all this hard work is an afternoon of watching NCAA basketball...my obsession! Go Jayhawks!

Onward and downward...
Jhawk
Old 03-19-2001, 02:32 PM   #6  

Happy monday everyone!
Saturday I weighed in and I'm down another lb. Unfortunatly I overdid it over the weekend. So here's monday and I'm starting fresh. For my Easter goal I'm going to try to stay within my points range even on the weekends. Journal everyday and hopefully lose 5 lbs.
Good luck to everyone and have a great day!
freesha
Old 03-19-2001, 06:15 PM   #7  

HI all. Boy, things are not as easy as I sometimes think they are going to be! I always have such high hopes!! Yesterday, I took ds back to school and then came a different way home and went and spent the night at my mom's to bring her birthday present. Anyway, I also brought her a pie and we sure overdid it on the pie and ice cream. Not usually a real big temptation for me but I was eating everything yesterday. Today I am back to myself. Thank the Lord. Or I guess I should also thank myself for getting right back on that horse.

jhawk - Great goals! Did you take your measurements yet? What type of exercise are you planning to do? And, GO ILLINI!!

Freesha - Good luck on your goals and on that everlasting goal of staying OP (even on weekends!!).

On my plan that I set, I'm doing fine with the exercise. I went to the rec. ctr. Saturday and Sunday. And Sunday I did my normal Monday routine with weights and all since I would be missing Monday's workout because I would be at my mom's. Was that a run-on sentence or what? I've counted all my points - they have been bad. I'm doing ok on fruit - have been grabbing a banana for a snack to tide me over until dinner. I'm counting the fiber and doing ok there. Not doing so well on not having things around that I can't handle - during the last few days I've had problems with brownies, cookies, pie and ice cream. One good thing, I was supposed to make cookies for my niece's birthday party this weekend, but now I don't have to and that will be good for me.

However, that leads to a challenge I have too. For one thing, I will have to miss WW on Thursday night because I'm leaving town then. So I cannot let the fact that I'm not weighing in turn into a license to eat. Also I will be out of town until Sunday so I know I really am going to have to watch my eating habits at my sister's and really THINK beforehand how to handle myself.

OK, enough about me today! Thanks for letting me vent!

See ya lighter - Rabbit
Old 03-20-2001, 10:43 AM   #8  
Pink Thingy

Default whey hey....

happy bunny today!!!! went out to dinner on saturday with mum and had a second dinner, but no pudding (major achievement). Drank water every day except for saturday, but have not done any exercise (told you i would struggle on that one!)

Weighed in today and down 2lbs

can u tell i'm happy

starting - 191.5lbs
current - 189.5lbs
Easter - 187.5lbs

good luck everyone

Freesa - well done, sorry should have put that in the post the first time.

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 03-20-2001 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:05 AM   #9  

Rabbit, I think our teams are meeting on Friday!!! Ooooh, won't that be exciting/scary/fun!! I can totally relate to the difficulties/challenges that you are facing. For me, if its not stress (but it usually is), its a celebration of some kind and I just can't handle myself around food when my emotions are on overload. Yesterday, I overdid it on some fabulous raspberry coffee cake at work...and then later a few cocktails to celebrate DH's promotion! See? Its always something.

BFB - GREAT LOSS! Congrats! You are doing really well and even if you aren't doing everything, you're doing a lot of important things and best of all, its working. Our stats are very similar by the way, I'm just not brave enough to post them!

Freesha - Congrats on the lb. Good for you for starting over Monday. I am forever starting over, but I keep telling myself that is better than NOT starting over...

I made it to the gym yesterday, for the first time in two weeks, and did my cardio/weight circuit. It felt good. I went over pts. but journaled anyway and drank all my water. No gym today...I'm forcing myself to work late tonight and I couldn't get up at 5:30 when I knew I'd be here so late...but I am definitely going tomorrow.

Have a great Tuesday, all!

Jhawk
Old 03-20-2001, 11:45 AM   #10  
Pink Thingy

Default Stats...

jhawk

since finding this site about a month ago, I noticed that load of people post their results. I guess coz it's cyber space it's easier to type than to say it out loud to people.

I hesitated at first about posting my weight, but I though "what the hey", we're all here for the same reason and if it helps seeing someone else's weight, then it can't be a bad thing. Just glad you can't see me in person
Old 03-20-2001, 03:30 PM   #11  
Donna

Happy First Day of Spring (I think we're all in the northern hemisphere)

Well, I to am starting over. I've been feeling pretty stressed and my favorite way to deal with stress is to eat . So anyway, yesterday went well I stayed in points and drank my water and got 4 servings of veggies/fruit in. Today hasn't been too bad, I think I'll stay in points and get the water in, but I'm pretty sure I won't get in my veggies/fruit. Let's see how long I can keep it up.

Tonight is supposed to be WI but I've got a thing at the local museum so I can't go. We're planning on going tomorrow because that meeting was canceled.

BFB - Welcome. Your goals sound great. CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lbs, that is great. I don't think I could deal with not having a range, do you still get to bank points? Good luck.

JHawk - Ah I finally understand the name.... Good luck getting back in control. If you figure out how, let me know.

Rabbit - Good luck being out of town this weekend. I'm sure you can handle it. Congrats on not sliding too far after the brownies.

Freesha - Congrats on the Pound . Good luck starting over, I'm with you there.

Well gotta go.
Have a great week everyone.
-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 03-20-2001 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:33 PM   #12  

Hi all. I'm still struggling this week and hoping for sunnier skies. Speaking of which, HAPPY SPRING!!

About posting stats, it was SO hard for me to do the first time, but it does get easier. Now I don't think about it really and I'd NEVER tell anyone in person (just one of my sisters knows). It's so much easier in cyberspace as someone mentioned. I guess I just don't fear being judged here.

BFB - Hooray for skipping the pudding and yeah for your loss!!

jhawk - I always wondered about your name too. I didn't know about the game Friday - my ds goes to school there. I liked your comment about starting over.

Tech - Sounds like you are doing great with your starting over. Even though I keep screwing up, I know I'm doing so much better than I used to, I have changed some habits for good and so I always get right back to eating right. That's some kind of accomplishment, even though I can't seem to get to my goal. Hmm, that sounded negative. One thing I think is that we really have to believe we can accomplish our goals.

Have a great one. Rabbit

Last edited by Rabbit; 03-20-2001 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:51 PM   #13  

Thinking about posting our stats again - maybe it would help me to face this all the time. So here goes . . .

Rabbit
230/170/166(Easter)/158WW
Old 03-21-2001, 02:46 AM   #14  
Pink Thingy

Default Stats...

not sure if this is a US thing, but can someone explain the stats for me. I know the first number is the starting and the two last numbers are your personal goal and the WW goal - is that correct. Is the second number your 10% goal? If so, I need to post my official starting weight and all the rest
Old 03-21-2001, 12:17 PM   #15  

Talking

BFB - On my stats I did: Starting weight/Present weight/Easter goal/WW goal. I also have a somewhat lower personal goal but I thought that was long enough!! I used my beginning weight from when I started this journey and not my Easter goal beginning weight. Sorry if I am confusing!!

Today I am doing fine (so far). I found I was really hungry at breakfast so I had a bagel with my oatmeal (usually I have just oatmeal - right now anyway, I go through phases). I think I was so hungry because I've been eating more. I'm glad that I made a good choice of what else to eat.

I've totally messed up on not having bad things around! I need to print off my plan so I remember it (and I should take it to the grocery store with me to pull out!!).

Hope you all are hopping right along to that Easter goal!!

Rabbit
Almost forgot: 230/170/166(Easter)/158(ww)

Last edited by Rabbit; 03-21-2001 at 12:19 PM.
Closed Thread