Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, support. etc...

Do you want a place for accountability, post your menu and/or exercise, or some support, please join in! This is for week of January 18.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-18-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #2  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a good day living with food in a healthy manner. I am very grateful.

My bad headcold has turned into stuffy ear that is aching. My foot is feeling better than Saturday. I guess my rewrap was good enough for now. I need to get that rewrapped and my ear checked.I don't like going to the doctor = oh well. I should be grateful I have a doctor. That sounds better. I don't know if I'll be able to do two performances tomorrow.(errr)

meditation
lots of water
exercise
log food and times
fork down between bites
eat only when SEATED
no second helpings
remind myself why I want to do these things

breakfast - grits with cheese, boca bacon, clementine
lunch - turkey and light cheese sandwich, steamed carrots with cinn.
snack - fiber one cereal, .5 banana, milk
dinner - tuna, small baked potato, green beans
snack - protein bar, fruit

Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies, I started definately getting more manic last night so I went ahead and starated taking the zyprexa. it's great for my sleep! I slept the entire night through on a day that I WORK the next morning. That never happens anymore.

I've been doing good. baked last night for some friends (had about 9 people over) and made vegan peanut butter blondies and my friend made vegan macaroons. yummay! I only had one blondie and two small macaroons. AND I stayed within' my cals.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #4  
Reluctant Adult

Hello, early morning chicks!!

lottie63, it's great you can recognize your manic symptoms and take steps to ameliorate the episode. That's hard to do! Your blondies and macaroons sound fabulous... don't know how you restrained yourself, but well done!!

Beverlyjoy, so sorry your cold has turned into such a gruffy ol' bear. You seem like you're doing extremely well, however, despite adversities -- go, girl!! And I hope you're feeling better very soon!!

I'm up way too early this morning and forgot it was a holiday.... actually, that's lucky for me, as this time of year is so busy and I'm glad of an extra day to get ahead of all my tasks. In some ways, I'm happy to be so busy in advance of T's visit, because I'd drive myself nuts worrying about everything otherwise.

Haven't stepped on the scale yet this morning, but I AM comfortably wearing a pair of jeans for the first time in, umm, ok, years!! I actually fit into my largest pair of 501s this morning but they're not quite "wearable" yet. Another week. I'm starting to see some real changes in the mirror -- it reinforces my commitment to accomplish my goals!! I'm still rather shocked that I'm doing it at all.

Best to all, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #5  

Hey Chicas!

@Beverly: Sorry you're not feeling well but your breakfast sounds delicious! Get some rest and take care of you!

@Lottie: Good that you're on top of the manic thing. I have Bipolar 2 so I have hypomanias and severe depressions. I eat more with the depressions and less with the hypomanias but the sleep thing is a killer. Glad you got some rest.

@Rae: Go girl! Wear those jeans!!! Enjoy it!

I weighed in the morning and lost 2 lbs! Psyched about that. I also walked 3 miles before work. I'm going to try out my Wii Active this evening.

Today's food (as it stands now):
Morning
1 Jimmy dean D lights bagel sandwich 5
yogurt -2

Midday
Beef shepherd's pie 7
1 c. mixed veggies 0

Evening
1/2 cup(s) cooked couscous 1.5
Shrimp & Bean Stir fry 3

Anytime
2 small clementines 0.5
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5
1 medium apple(s) 1

Have a good day everyone!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Had a good weigh in after a couple of weeks of bad weigh ins. So, that helps the mood!!
I have to go to a meeting out of town, so that will mess with my routine and gym time. I'm going to stay focused and not get carried away with food, drink, and no exercise.

Have a good week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

heya everyone, I had some percocet left over from a sore tooth, I took it today to see if it would help my chronic pain and I felt so great not being in pain the last 4 hours of work! normally they KILL ME.

but I even stood on the 40 min bus ride home and was ok. I can't wait to see a doc and find a med to take that relieves my pain all the time. I only have enough percocet for maybe 2 weeks if I only take it once a day each day that I work.

calling the doc on thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  

Hi chicks - yesterday was an on plan day - I am so grateful. I am going to see my doctor today to address a few things. I was able to reschedule my programming for today - to February.

Good news - I am down 2 pounds from last week - yay!

today-

meditation
lots of water
exercise
log food and times
fork down between bites
eat only when SEATED
no second helpings
remind myself why I want to do these things

breakfast - cornbread, boca bacon, clementine
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich with lite mayo, veggies and lite dip
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - salmon, cauliflower with cheese, small baked potato
snack - cereal fruit and skim milk

lottie - I hope your doctor can help. Chronic pain is so, so tough. Glad you were able to stay within your calories

slash - glad you had success at the scale...yay. Safe travel.

soul - down 2 more is fantastic! Great plan - give me ideas.

raebear - getting into those jeans - wow - that is a real victory. It isn't always about the scale...this is concrete.

MJ - hope you are doing well. Am thinking about you.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-19-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #9  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

Hello Chicks!

I'm glad to say I'm staying completely on plan, and have been since Christmas, however... I'm not losing any pounds!!! So now I've started a crusade against what's stalling me. This week it's all about egg, shrimp, cheese and mayo - and if that doesn't work I'm going back to just steak, bacon and cream cheese.

What don't we do in order to lose weight? A week of meat? Really.
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I'm back and ready to do this again. My ticker is now honest and it's a sad sight indeed. This is on-plan day #1. Wow! Talk about deja vu.
My goals today are 64 oz of water, 30 minutes of cardio, meditation time and 3 meals + 1 snack. I'll add calorie tracking later. Right now, the thought is too overwhelming.

Lottie - Hope you find relief for that tooth soon.
Beverly - Congratulations on those 2 pounds!
Soulnik - Congratulations on your two pounds!
Diane - Stay safe. Hope you have an enjoyable trip.
Rae - Hurray for jeans NSV's!

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yay it's so fun to see girlygirl back

I LOVE CALORIE COUNTING! just sayin' !!! Yesterday I wanted to have roast chicken and mashed potatoes, so I DID! and stayed within my calories!

Br: cereal, 1% milk, 'nana, coffee (350 cals)
sn: handful plain almonds (110 cals)
Lu: salad with chicken (350 cals)
Din: gorgeous slices of roasted chicken, 1 cup mashed taters, tons of veg (750 cals)
Dessert: cup of tea, ginger snap (170 cals), apple.
Total Cals: 1730
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #12  
Reluctant Adult

Good morning, ladiez!!

Welcome back, Rhonda. You know how to do this, and you're ready to go -- we'll enjoy watching you annihilate those pounds!!

299lbs, I'm with ya -- I hate when the scale won't move. I know it's just a matter of time if I'm following my plan, but it's hard not to panic. I hope your strategy pays off with big dividends!!

Beverlyjoy, big congrats on your 2-lb. loss!!! I'm envious and hope to join you soon. Isn't it wonderful to see a total 40-lb. loss on your ticker?? Just... wow!!!

lottie63, sure hope your doc can help with the pain soon. It's so hard to focus on life in general when everything hurts. Hang in there!!

Slashnl, have missed seeing you around!! Thrilled you had a good weigh-in -- sounds like you needed to see that. Your commitment to stay on plan while traveling is impressive... I know how hard that can be. Will look forward to hearing from you when you can spare a moment!!

soulnik, you're doing so well!! Congrats on that 2-lb. loss!! Your menus always sound so good and good for you. Keep going, girl!!

dgramie, where are you? You are missed!!

Same goes for mj5 -- I'm thinking of you and wishing you well!!

I'm Ms. Boring today... it's a day full of work. The scale is being sulky and not seeing things my way... but I'm being good on my plan and know results cannot be far behind. I think I have collarbones.

Best to all, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am super busy at work today, but wanted to pop in quick and say hi! I WILL go to the gym today! I WILL drink lots of water today!

Have a great OP day!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #14  

Hey All,

Work is nutty and I've only been here for an hour. Walked 3 miles this morning. Yesterday was good. Food for the day:

Morning
1 serving(s) Jimmy dean D lights bagel sandwich 5
yogurt - 2

Midday
lean cusine -6
mixed veggies -0

Evening
1/2 cup(s) cooked couscous 1.5
1 Shrimp & Bean Stir fry 3

Snacks/Desserts
100 calorie pack 2
1 small pear(s) 1
1 large apple(s) 2
pineapple cup 1

Don't have time to say individual hellos but just want you all to know YOU ROCK!!!! Have a good day!!!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I made it to spin class today. I was running a little late, and I got there with just one bike left!!! Whew! I need to get up earlier so that I don't miss out. It was really tough today, but I'm glad I was there. I'll work out tomorrow and then hit the road around noon to get to Denver. It looks like it will be a snowy trip over the mountains, but that's ok. I'm ok with driving in the snow. I can't remember if this motel has a workout room, but I'll have my stuff with me, so maybe I can venture down to see if it does. We have lots of company get togethers for meals, but there might be some time in the morning to get a little workout in. I just have to control my appetite. That's been a struggle since Christmas.

Lottie: Dang, I hope you get some relief! That's no fun.

Beverly: Congrats on your weight loss! Looks like that put you at the 40 pound mark! Yay!

299: Don't you hate a slow scale!? The only thing I wonder is if you might have to tweak your plan? I don't know. I struggled with all plans until I just went to calorie counting.

Rhonda: So glad to see you back! We missed you!

Trazey: You are so close to 100 pounds gone!! Good for you!

raebaer: Good to see you too. Some of my problem was not having time at work and then going home only to have my son working on his science project, so I didn't get much computer time. Keep plugging along!!

MJ: Way to stay on plan!

Soulnik: Hope work gets better for you today!!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote