Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Core Chat Jan. 18-24

New Pages!

Get your new pages, right here!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I have officially lost 20 1/2 pounds since May, 2009.

We saw Avatar. I liked it, but it's long and that was tough. There was an entire row of teens behind us and I was sure that they would ruin the movie. NOPE. They were spellbound and silent. The visual and special effects are worth it, in my opinion. It is about conflict and there is a lot of it, but it's not gorey, just a little boring to me at times. No charge for the review!

Stay OP today

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 01-18-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats Rhonda!! Thats a wonderful milestone!

I made a clean out the fridge veggie soup this morning. Kept it all veggies, lc ones to boot. So its close to the 0 point soup but with stuff I preferr. I did have a head of cauliflower that I used. Bit different but tasty. In the end I put in 1/2 a jar of salsa -- it just needed some kick. But its done now and between that and what I have in the freezer I'm good for lunches for a while.

I do need to make another spinach quiche tomorrow for my breakfasts. I've been using ff feta in my eggs -- if you haven't tried it, its very good.

Lazy day today - woke up to sloppy snow/rain. Thankfully we didn't get much, maybe a 1/2 inch. Up north there is almost 10 inches of heavy wet snow. This afternoon, DH wants to drive over to Plymouth to go to a shop and then a pizza place he loves. If we go there I'm just getting a salad. Splurged way too much this weekend.

Well, have a great day everyone!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I was at a banquet last night with our friend who is the organist for the White Sox. We had a BALL! Pun intended. I know....lame. Anyway, I tried to be as good as I could but the dessert was delicious! I ate about 2/3 of it before I stopped. I was good with the rest of the food and did NOT eat anything when I got home. That was breaking an old pattern for me and I'm proud. I drank a ton of water yesterday because I was worried about salt. I weigh in at JC today and then run straight out for lunch with some old work friends. They are off today for MLK birthday. Those lucky Federal employees! The restaurant today does not have great choices so I'll try to go small, small portions. Then errands.

Hey Paula! I just made some zero point soup too. It made a full 8 quart dutch oven. It's all separated up and frozen. It will give each of us a nice serving in each package and it made 10! Jim and I use it as our veggie on a night when we are really hungry. I use the diced tomatoes with hot chilies for my kick in there. This time I used low sodium beef broth instead of chicken. I'm hoping it makes it taste better. It's yucky out here too.

Rhonda, I'm having a hard time getting to and sticking to 1500 calories a day. I can't imagine 1200. It would be like my throat was cut.

Nancy, I count calories, points, Jenny Craig categories and also look at my balance between carbs, protein and fat. A little obsessed maybe? I sure am. I think I'm determined this time. If I do well today, then I might have found a good balance for me. We'll see.

Gotta run.

DRINK YOUR WATER!

I thought of Coco today. I hope she is well. I liked her. Donna, Froufie, and Angela too.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-18-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #5  

Mornin!! How is everyone!!!

I considered counting calories after reading everyone's post, and then thought maybe pts, but with only 18 w/o the 35WPA, I can't. 18 pt is a round about total calories of 1080....no way...but I have to be honest, counting anything FOR ME is too much a thought process. I will stay with SFT/CORE as we know it. It is easier, not too much to think about. Just eat core foods and keep track of your non core. I envy everyone of you who can count calories.
I have learned my 'satisfication' level over the years, and my experience has been Core works best for me.

Vickie, your night sounds like so much fun, glad you enjoyed yourself.
Great job on breaking an old pattern!
Paula, the 0pt veggie soup sounds devine. Now I want to do that, but don't know what veggies to use Guess since I love mostly all, there shouldn't be a problem
Nancy seems like you had a good week, great loss!
Rhonda, your total weght loss is awesome

Well I just had a cup of Bulger in chicken broth...I was hungry, and now I am good to go again.That has become my favorite go to grain...has both proteind and fiber.

Well I better go.........
All else who follow have a wonderful day.
Lin

Last edited by L.J.; 01-18-2010 at 10:49 AM.
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, my lunch got cancelled and so it's lunch at home and then errands. I lost 1.6 and am delighted with that. My test was to have a bit more fat and a bit less carbs and it seems to have worked. Maybe all I needed was a change of any kind. Who knows. My breakout is about 49-50% carbs, 29-30 fat, and about 20-21 protein. Doesn't matter since I got my new chick and finished....FINALLY....another 15 pound marker. It took forever.

Linda, I used 64 oz beef broth, 28 oz diced tomatoes, 15 oz hot chili tomatoes, 12 oz tomato paste, onion, carrot, zucchini, green beans (frozen), garlic, cabbage (the coleslaw mix), basil, cayenne pepper, and one can of pinto beans. I think it's all Core. I never tired bulgar. I wouldn't even know how to cook it.

Gotta go eat. I'm hungry since I always eat light on the morning of weigh in.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-18-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Didn't do too good at my W-I today either. I went up 3-lbs after a snack attack that I ate at a very depressing midweek & end.

Ever since I went to the cemetery last Wed. and saw the engraving on the headstone,I'm unable to sleep & snacking is coming a comfort food for me,even though I exercised every day.for 30-45 mins per. day

Have to get out of this depression. Thank Goodness I have the bereavement group coming up this Wed. Maybe I can get some ideas of what to do when depression starts.

Sorry for whining,forgive me if I don't post regularly until I get my head on straight.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #8  

Maryann, expressing grief is NOT, NOT, NOT whining. Just take good care of yourself, allow yourself any feeling that you have.

All this talk about soup will be sending me to the stove to cook.

I had a great workout today, met my niece for lunch, shopped and now we're going to go to a movie. Is retirement the way to live or not!?

Rhonda
Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, I agree 100% with Rhonda. Grieving is NOT whining. You'll have to figure out how to grieve and not eat to shove down the pain. I'm bad at it, which is how I got to 310.4 pounds. I don't want to see you go there so let yourself feel the pain. It's better than eating it. Come here and journal whenever you need to.

Rhonda, retirement IS grand, isn't it? I'm glad you're enjoying it. Your new avatar looks GREAT.

I'm off to eat some veggie soup. Are you all sure you don't want to cook some?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #10  

When I posted about counting calories I just meant for the 35 extra points you get for non core foods.
I like to spread them out to have 5 points per day.
Then I figure 250 calories instead of points.

I am loving this core (now that I am not improvising like I was before.
It is working out that a lot of the same foods work for me and hubby's
Nutisystem (fresh fruits, fat free dairy, salad stuff)

Robin just weighed in for week 1 and lost 5 pounds . He had already lost 15
before starting the Nutrisystem . He is really encouraged that his hard work is paying off.

I made a dish tonight for company that isn't totally core...
Okay actually it isn't even close. I only had one serving.
Eating out tomorrow night at a place than has the best chips ever.
I am going to use good will power I hope.
I might have the chicken tortilla soup which is close to core.

Mary Ann.... please feel free to post whatever you are experiencing..
It can really feel good to journal your thoughts and you can use us as a live journal audience if you want to. Our church was talking about
grief this Sunday and a lady that had been thru a great loss said
she tells people to face the grief head on and lean into it like a wave of the ocean.
She tells people to not pretend it isn't there or run away from it.

It sounded neat to hear it described that way but in thinking back to
a grieving period 10 years ago of mine when I lost both parents
I am not sure exactly how to apply it.

Hugs
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:07 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Congratulations, Rhonda. And you're avatar is beautiful, and your critique of "Avatar" is right on. We thoroughly enjoyed the visual effects. Curtis thought it was like a sci fi western.

Paula, your soup sounds yummy. I've never tried feta with eggs. Thanks for the heads up.

Vickie, I've been wondering about our "old friends", too. I wish they'd pop in to let us know how they're doing. Congrats on breaking that old habit of rewarding yourself. See I know what to call it cuz I have that habit, too.

Lin, I allow myself 29 pts per day. (I'm counting pts instead of doing CORE to learn portion control.) That works for me.

Vickie, congrats on your new marker. You've earned it for sure.

Maryann, you do what you need to do to get some help right now. I'm glad you're going to the bereavement group.

Nancy, tell Robin congratulations. He's doing great. So are you.

I'm going back to tomorrow as my hips stopped hurting. And, yep, retirement is wonderful. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #12  

MaryAnn, please don't hold in what you are feeling. It isn't easy what you are going through. And most can honestly relate, having lost a loved one. Grieving is NOT whining.

Vickie LOVE your new CHICK!! Congrats!!
Nancy kudo's to your husband...that's awesome!
Sandra so glad you're hip is better. Enjoy your
Rhonda I have been meaning to tell you, your picture is fab!! You can see in your face your weigh loss efforts. It's a stunning picture.

I'm still going to do the Veggie Soup (Paula's post) ..I've decided on, savoy cabbage, bok choy, carrots, all cut up, onions, and peas. I am not a celery person at all, ughh! I'll check out the fresh produce and see what else I can get. I don't like zucchini in soup either, but what I have sounds good, right?
Guess I talked enough have a wonderful day EVERYONE!!
Lin
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #13  

Lin: counting calories isn't abandoning WW. Points are just an easier way to count calories really. I see WW as an accessible way to do what has been taught for decades. Eat less, move more. I know that many people think it is not so simple. But, we are biological creatures, subject to the laws of physics!

And, speaking of biology, that is one of the wonderful aspects of Avatar. There is an underlying message about how wonderful the biological world is. There is an interesting review in the New York Times about that. If I can figure out how to post the link, I will.

Thank you all for the comments about my picture. That was taken mid-December as I was celebrating with some friends in a restaurant. I really like it.

Vickie, I'll be so proud when I can say "45.6 pounds down." Enjoy your successes!

Rhonda
Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #14  

Oh, a little secret about the picture....I had my eyebrows "done." I have enough eyebrows for everyone on 3fc. On a whim, I had them waxed, and my face "lost" 10 pounds!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Well, I did it. I joined the Y. Just for 3 months to see if I can stick with it. After I signed up I did 40 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 incline and 4mph) -- great sweat! I then tried the elyptical (sp??) - lasted about a minute! Next time I start with that then move to the treadmill. I have a appt with the trainer on Sunday at noon to go over all the machines and weights. I'm committed to go and work out tuesdays/saturdays/sundays each week. Its what I can do for now -- I'll still walk the dog each day. I just hope a good 45-60 minutes work out kickstarts things.

Maryann -- grieve as you need to. We've all had some sort of loss and are here for you.

Rhonda -- great brows!!

Vickie -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Awesome job...keep it going.

Have a good day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote