South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday, Monday Mutterings and Murmurings

Good morning! Hard to believe we are past the mid-point of this long month. The milder weather has made it seem that spring is imminent but I'm kidding myself!

I'm off to the gym very shortly but need to get some breakfast into me first. After that I need to tackle Mount Laundry. I don't think I've washed anything besides towels and sheets since before Christmas. I guess that means I have too many clothes including socks and undies!

The dogs and I need to go to a Robbie Burns lunch this week at pet therapy. I guess I need to make them tartan collars. Jazz is so furry I could just put a strap on him and he could be a furry sporran!

I hope your Monday is a good one. If you have the day off for MLK Day, enjoy!

(Heading full speed into workout clothese and oatmeal porridge. )
Old 01-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, how do you celebrate Robbie Burns Day? I think the doggage will look adorable dressed up in tartans. Just don't put anything on them under their kilts, though. Enjoy tackling Mt. Laundry!

Most everyone has MLK Day off, but since the girls also have the day off, I have to work. I know they both have dr. appts. this morning for part 2 of their H1N1 shots, and I promised to take them shopping for Valentine's Day cards and a new notebook for Audrey. Piano in the late afternoon should wrap up the day for us.

How's everyone spending their day, today? Lots of sales going on right now, anyone going shopping?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Snowed in here so I stayed in bed extra long

Ruth - Those collars sound too cute Good luck with Mt Laundry. Perhaps we should start a garden planning thread soon, just to keep our spirits up?

Cottage - Sounds like the storm missed you. Lucky you Enjoy your day with the girls.

We had an already planned three day weekend so no worries about driving. We did have travel plans but we will stay put and do house stuff instead. The weather is supposed to be done this morning so I might try to get out snow shoeing if the roads are cleared this afternoon. Other than that I have a bit of a cold, usually the most I get in a winter, so lots of vitamin C and soup planned today.

Time to make a list
Old 01-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm a bit slow this AM, but need to get going soon. I've made a pledge to get to an early land aerobics class. I'll have an hour after until the pool opens, but everyone goes over to the coffee shop for breakfast. If I manage to remember a piece of my bread, I'll actually order an egg. I think it's in my budget. Someone is coming to pick me up, so I'd better be prompt.

Ruth, have a great day! We all know the weather won't last, but enjoy it for the moment.

Cottage, it's nice to be reminded about shopping. I may check out Penneys....It sounds like your day should be simple. Enjoy!

Cyndi, sorry your plans are cancelled but at least you don't have to negotiate work. It will be a good day to nurse your cold and I'm sure something interesting will pop up.

Yesterday was meal prep day for me so I'm set for quite awhile. Looking forward to an OP day...and knitting.

Have a great one!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies

I am "whispering" because DS2 and two friends are sleeping in the basement just feet away. I felt guilty sneaking past to get to the computer but did it anyways. Now am trying not to make noise when I type

4-day weekend here with staff development for teachers tomorrow.

Off for my new Monday routine - cycling, yoga, then grocery shopping. I need to buy a new desk chair too... I have been spending so much more time at my PC (not eating) that I realize mine hurts my butt!

Back later after sleeping beauties wake
Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good Morning!

The snow is wet and heavy here, with limbs down in my dad's yard already, though obviously we've still got power. I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake waiting to go home til this afternoon!

Ruth, I've had the same misleading feeling about spring being on the way... we hit a few sales this weekend and I had NO interest in the sweaters and other winter clothes that were on sale. My mom finally said, "Heidi, it's only January - you're got at least 3 more months of ice and snow and this sweater is only $4." (I bought it.) lol

Sorry you've got to work today Cottage. Valentine cards already, eh? That was always my favorite holiday when I was a little girl. As a teacher it's still my favorite school party. The kids focus on giving cards to each other and are always so pleased with the ones they get from their friends.
Hmmm, I guess I'm babbling. lol Sorry about that. Linda, I hope your day goes really well.

Cyndi, I'm sorry about the cold, I hope you'll be able to shake it quickly.
My mom and I are hoping to get out on our snowshoes today too. We've been out twice this weekend, though we didn't go far either time. She doesn't like to go alone so we squeeze in as much as we can when I visit.

Good morning Debbie - I need to check but I think I forgot to post in the HC thread again last night... I've been getting my 3 servings of dairy in this weekend but too busy to think about posting in the thread. It sounds like you've got a great morning planned friends, exercise and breakfast out! Enjoy!

Waisiting, I like the sound of your new Monday routine. Good for you!
And happy shopping - my DH jokes that he regrets buying me my new computer chair. It's really comfortable and I tend to linger at the computer longer now than I did when I was sitting on a dining room chair.

Good morning to the rest of you - enjoy your Monday!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Can't believe I slept so late on an "off of work" day!! I feel like I wasted my free time.

Weather here looks like it may be nice today...a bit cool, but the sun is shining on all the puddles outside. Need to post some grades (the site has been down) but other than that, free as a bird all day long. I think a little wii is in order today. I can't believe how sore I am! I thought since I go to the gym every day I wouldn't feel it that much...wrong. And that's a good thing!

Had a little dinner party last night for a friend's birthday and have a huge 3 layer lemon cake (his favorite) sitting on the dining room table. It will either go to work with my husband tomorrow, or into the garbage can.

My daughter has been after me to set up a skype account. I got it all set up on my PC, but my camera is old and wobbly, so I had to hold it the whole time we were talking. Then I thought "hmm, wonder if my netbook has a camera?" I did, but I couldn't find how to "turn it on", I finally downloaded a program (manycam) and voila, it worked. It's so neat being able to see her when talking. I got a tour of her place too..what fun! It's like living in the future isn't is? so tres Dick Tracey!

Ruth, have fun at the gym and climbing Mt. Laundry. I have to wash some school clothes today that I've let pile up. Got some new fancy detergent and softener so the chore won't be that bad. At least my house will smell good when they are drying!

Cottage, sounds like a busy in and out the car day for you!

Cyndi, soup sounds like an excellent idea for you today...stay warm!

Lex, whatcha knittin'?

Waisting, hope you find the perfect chair...they make such a difference.

Heidi, I'm with you on the winter clothes. I hate to buy them. I like buying summer clothes a lot though!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-18-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yick! We have freezing drizzle so the car is now back in the barn. Had a good laugh at the local grocery. The meat manger seemed to think today was the 21st so marked down all sorts of stuff as past its best before date. I stocked up on chicken pieces and two pound hunk of Canadian bacon. Then I was a good person and told him but he insisted I take the stuff he'd marked down. Good lad!

Haggis is traditional for Robbie Burns Day but I know the staff at the Day Away program won't cook that! I imagine it'll be Scotch Broth soup which is made with lamb, barley and turnip plus oatmeal bread. I sure wouldn't want to be cooking for a group of crotchety AZ clients.

It sure felt good to get back to the gym routine although my breathing on the treadmill is terrible. My PT says to just do four 5 minute stints for now to get my 20 minutes in.

Keep on enjoying Monday.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Beachers just a quick good morning.. got to get ready for work
Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #10  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning all

I am glad I am off today. Dd who spent the night with a friend Sat night came home iwht a tummy ache and the she got sick on my bed and hten hers. I think she just ate too much. So I am doing laundry today. LOL

I also need to finish my cleaning from yesterday.

Be back later!
Tammie
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I'm off today as well and am very grateful for it. We have quite a bit to get done around the house today!

Ruth: The pups will look cute with their collars on. What a great deal you got on all that meat! I wish our meat manager would make the same mistake!

Cottage: Sounds like you and the girls have a busy day. I hope their shots go well!

Cyndi: Good thing you didn't have anything you had to do today, but I'm sorry your plans were changed. I hope you at least get some snow-shoeing in!

Debbie: Enjoy land aerobics! I bet that's quite a change for you!

WaistingTime: My rear is screaming for a desk chair replacement as well, but it's not in the budget for a while. We replace our desk chairs at work all the time, so I'm wondering if they'll let me take one of the old ones that hasn't broken. I hope you have a great day!

Heidi: Have a great day! Aren't moms so rational sometimes?

Cat: How neat that you and DD can see each other while you chat! It's amazing what we've accomplished tech-wise in such a short time! Have a wonderful day.

, oopsmyhalofelloff! Have a great day at work!

Tammie: Sorry to hear about your sick/stuffed DD! I hope the laundry is done quickly so you can enjoy your day off!!

Me: I'm glad for the day off today because I'm with Ruth and need to get caught up on laundry. I may have to take my lunch walk in some pajamas if I don't get started soon. I'm also going to get some housework done today so that I can take it easy this week. I'm really working hard on getting a little more "me" time every day, so I'm going to try to control my strong desire to clean!

Tonight is the first night of a new ladies' bible study at the church and I'm pretty excited. It's a short, 5-week study and it looks like I won't have to miss any meetings because of work/travel/etc. Yay!

Well, I'm off to start sorting laundry! Have a great day!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-18-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
Happy MLK day. I have the day off took a little time to reflect on Dr. King and what he did not just for Black people but for everyone who has been historically marginalized. One voice speaking out can give so many the courage to follow suit!

Today I'm a busy girl Emailed about some articles I'm writing! I might get to interview a celebrity!!! Everything crossed that her PR Person thinks its a good idea as well!!!
Going to hit the store for a few necessaries. I've reviewed what I'm eating and I'm doing a pretty good Job @ ph 2 tho I think I'm going to invest in a measuring tape b/c with my edema the scale just makes me feel bad. Sat I was 149 with balloon leg Sunday 145 and today 147. It's too many highs and lows! physical and emotional
I started taking Sam-E and it's helping my fibro and helping me stay our of the fridge!!
Ruth can the doggage have kilts? I can't wait for pics. I"'d kill for some Scotch Broth!
Linda I love valentines cards! it takes so little to say I love you!
Cyn rest and be cozy dear lady!! have some tea!
Debbie How was land aerobics? I'm going to have to pick your brain about a hooded "baby snuggy" for my gfs baby to be I'm making it has a stitch I'm unfamiliar with
Waisting enjoy your day!
Heidi Be careful you are precious cargo
Cat That cake sounds luscious ! get it out of there quick!
Oh Darn it I just saw the time!!!
Hi to everyone else!
Kierie
Old 01-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello another quick flyby for me- I am at work trying to get caught up on work from last week. Luckily it's a bit slower today.

I have been drying my clothes by hanging them in the basement but some of my clothes have dried pretty stiff it will be nice to get the new dryer on Thursday. If I waited a two weeks to do laundry it would be a hugh mountain of clothes with 5 people in the house.

Have a good day everyone
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone. My interview at Books-A-Million is today! The man didn't even recognize that he'd spoken to me. I found an old pic. of myself on the fridge and you wouldn't believe that was me. I looked so slim, while my sister was the chubby one, lol. Now we're both fat! I'm gonna get back to my size in that picture, I just know it. I am feeling good on the beach. I had scrambled eggs and two glasses of water with breakfast. I'm still thirsty so off I go to get another glass before I go shopping for my interview. Wish me luck friends!

P.S. the bookstore is in a mall if you're wondering how I'm gonna get shopping/interviewing done in the same day. I don't have to be there till 4pm but I wish my sis. would hurry up!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-18-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon ladies,

Hope everyone is having a relaxing day off.

Wish I could get on here earlier but I only get on the computer after all the chores are done. Today, I cleaned up the dishes, walked the mall, had lunch, clean up again and am doing laundry. After that the day is mine to play. I really have to vacuum my studio because I want to do some weaving and just can't work in a messy environment.
Its so good to have leftovers, no worry about supper.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread