Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default If You DIED Today.....

As a husband, father, son, brother, uncle, son/brother/father in law and friend I sometimes think of how I would respond to the loss of a loved one.

I am sure of my eternity and of my immediate family because of the belief in the person and Work of Jesus Christ and what He has done for me.

I often wonder and pray for some of my family that may or may not be believers.

I read a comforting article this evening in a magazine I get. A father lost his daughter at a very young age. I cannot imagine the pain he felt but I can barely imagine the comfort because of his beliefs.

Do you know where you would go if you died today?

I will share the story and wish all of you eternal peace

One Of Those Years ~

http://www.lcms.org/pages/wPagex.asp...696&IssueID=40
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Well first of all Gary my dream when I die is to bow down in front of Jesus and just touch his hand. WOW! That would be awesome! I hope he does not put me in a palace because i just am not that type, I am not no fancy kind of gal. I pray he puts me where I can take care of his animals that go to heaven and a garden I can take care of, for him.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

LOL BOOTSIE....I am sure you will be tending to the animals that were at the Manger!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #4  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

What a lovely article and the perfect close to this day of worship.
I do know where I would go if I died today, into the loving presence of my Heavenly Father. I also know I would be so comforted at seeing and being able to have my own father wrap his arms around me again. He is about the only close loved one I have lost(going on 7 years ago) and he was and still is my best friend. I miss him so much but I have such a comfort in knowing he is there watching over me also.

I also found it interesting that the author of this article called the service a celebration, in my faith and our small knit group, we always refer to the service as a graduation. Because we know they are moving on to an eternal and beautiful life. Which truly is a celebration or graduation.

Thank you EZMONEY for sharing

Last edited by Gelene; 01-18-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #5  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I don't like to assume that I am going to heaven or ****. God will judge me, I will not judge myself. I am the best that I can be, and always working towards a better life in Christ's name. I dream about heaven sure, but I know it is so great and beyond my understanding that I can only dream.
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ I'm with you -- I'll see you there in the animal menagerie ... and I was dreamin' of a quaint little cottage by the sea with lots of gardens and flowers to tend, so I can walk and talk with JESUS there ...

... I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses; and the voice I hear, ringing in my ear -- the SON of GOD discloses; and HE walks with me, and HE talks with me; and HE tells me I am HIS own; and the Joy we share, as we tarry there ... none other has ever known ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote