Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default WHAT??? Sugar Cravings???

Okay I have been on my game for two weeks today. Now I have a real question? Why am I all of a sudden craving sugar? I have eaten the same thing and exchanged my morning snack from gogurt to granola bar but it was only one day. I took it out because later that night I wanted something sweet. Then two days later I was sleepy and wanted something sweet. Is my body trying to get me to give it something it's used to having?
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Usually after 2 weeks your body had detoxed from all the sugar. Unless you are eating something that is triggering it, I don't see why you would suddenly have a craving.

The granola bar might be a trigger food for you if that is the only difference in your plan. It could be the sugar in it, the added carbs, lack of protein, etc...
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm a sugar junkie. I love it. I have learned that the best way to keep myself from going all out and eating a king size candy bar is to have small amounts of sugar in the evening. I have some Quaker Rice cake bite thingies that are chocolate and only have 60 cals a serving. Or I will eat a bowl of cereal, those chocolate cheerios someone was posting about are great. But that is just me. I'm able to work it into my plan without taking up a lot of my calories, so I do. And I haven't had a candy bar in a week, which is probably a record for me.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #4  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

I'm a sugar junkie as well. I try to keep something sweet but low cal on hand. For me, that's the Breyers Light Yogurt (80 cals for a big 6oz cup), cinnamon and pecan Special K bar (90 cals for 1 bar), or a 100cal pack of Keebler fudge stripes. If I want something sugary, I eat a reasonable snack. So far, so good! I even turned my back on a package of delicious Ferrero Roche chocolates.
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lack of sleep can make you crave sugar. You mentioned being sleepy at one point. This might be your problem.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-17-2010 at 09:59 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/170/150

Maybe since you haven't had it in a while. I'd go with what ToriLeigh said and have smaller servings of sugar or try gum, that works for me sometimes.
AmandaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #7  
No more +sizes

I was thinking it was the granola bar because that was the only change. In order for me not to fall by the wayside I have to eliminate any sugar besides natural sugar like fruits. I have only been drinking water, no juice, soda or diet drinks. I also stay away from things that turn into sugar after I eat them.

My "drug" if you will is chips of any kind. I tried some animal crackers and can't do those either. I have to do it this way in order for me to complete my journey. I am going to stay on task because those size 10 jeans are calling my name everytime we go to the mall for our walk.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

If you are like me, eating anything with flour or sugar can cause cravings....also possible... TOM, stress, or as Girlygirl said, lack of sleep.
If I stick with veggies and protein during the day, and then introduce healthy carbs at night, I seem to do much better.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #9  
No more +sizes

I had a tremendous amount of energy the first week and a half. My husband and I work out and I've been taking my vitamins so I don't understand where the tiredness is coming from. I have been going to bed and getting at least 7 hours of sleep.

mairgrace - I will monitor the flour and sugar. TOM might have played a part because it was after that I was craving sugar. Never noticed a correlation before...probably because I wasn't paying so close attention to my body I was just eating. Most of the time TOM is so light I almost don't know it's here.

You guys are great!!