Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default Where are the Charismatic Christians?

Are there any Christians on this site that know how to believe God and pray in tongues??? Lets believe God and speak the word over our bodies so we can see the end of our faith.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Recently, I believe GOD directed me to a special story in the old testament. It was the story of Ezekiel who was in the valley of the bones; and he told him to COMMAND (prophesy) the bones to rise up and put on sinew, flesh, and skin; and to live/breathe again ... do you know the story I am referring to? I will try to locate it for you ... it's in Ezekiel 37:1-10.

Anyhow, I had a scrape on my right leg that took 2 years to heal; and I asked GOD why wasn't it healing since I have faith and certainly as much as a mustard seed ... then, I was led to that story in my next bible reading ... just happened upon it ...

I immediately felt impressed that I should do the same, so I commanded the skin on my leg to heal (in Jesus' name, just for insurance) ... and yesterday morning, after 2 years, I awoke and the scab had fallen off my skin ulcer and was healed underneath like it should be.

I praise GOD for that and thank him very much becuz I was getting kinda scared about this becuz it wasn't healing right ... but PTL, HE showed me what to do. Now, why am I sharing this with you? Becuz I don't think we have to speak in tongues to pray over ourselves (although if you want to, you can -- to edify your own faith).

I believe that we can and should exercise our faith more -- we can speak the word over our bodies now; out loud; and in English; and we will see the Lord heal us ... this is something that I am going to do more often now!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-14-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #3  
No more +sizes

I do know the story very well. I wasn't meaning to speak the word and pray in tongues over our body, I was just asking if there were any members that did pray in tongues. Just a curious questions. I didn't mean to suggest that it was what I wanted to do. I do speak the word over my body, out loud in English. I do it over my daughter and husband. It's how we live. Hopefully I wasn't offensive because it wasn't my intent.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #4  
Rosebud

HI JIGGLES ~ no, no -- I wasn't offended by what you said; I was just sharing my thoughts with you about speaking the word for healings, and other needs. Speaking in tongues isn't one of my gifts; but I have so many others that I feel equally blessed ...
Old 01-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #5  
No more +sizes

I'm believing for the same thing DawnFields. I know for me, it was a blessing to find this site. Everyone has been wonderful. I'm doing great for the most part. I just know the mental side is not that easy and it is my prayer that God will give me wisdom on how to keep my mental picture at the same pace as my physical body. That is the part that I struggle with and causes me to quit and gain the weight back. losing it is easy. I look at the maintainers threads and they have been helpful. It has helped me to create a plan for maintaining the loss.

I think if we believe God together for each other and pray for each other we can do this and do it well.

How bout it??

Last edited by jigglefree; 01-15-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello chicks. I am new to being Christian and I don't know how to speak the word over your body or speak in tongues. I never had faith before but then one night I just knew it was the Truth. I felt this beautiful, calm Truth (the Holy Spirit?) and it made me faithful.

Before this I was very unhappy because my son has severe autism and MR. But now I know that my son is exactly the way God made him and that God loves my son so much and that God picked me out specially to care for this very special soul that he made.

My faith has made all the relationships in my life better because I am focusing on how I can make others happier and healthier. I want to show my faith through my actions.

Wednesday night my son became violently ill at around 6pm. It was really awful. I prayed "God please make him better." and I felt God tell me that he would fall asleep soon and be fine. Well at around 9pm my son feel asleep and slept through the night and was fine the next morning.

I want to lose weight and be healthy so that God will be proud of me. I know we will all succeed in weight loss. I am praying for everyone here.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't speak in tongues, myself, but know many people who do. I don't beleive it is necessary for salvation. I do wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer and have seen it at work in myself and others.
Rosebud, that is good news about your leg.
jigglefree, have you found the forum prayer warriors ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #8  
Rosebud

YES BARGOO ~ isn't that grand? I'm sure you all would like to know this as you have all been praying for me for sooooooo long!

I was just waiting a couple of days to see how it is before announcing that "IT IS HEALED" in the other threads (Prayer Warriors and Christian Encouragers) in this forum ... but I thank you all and our LORD for bringing about this healing for me. It took so long, sometimes I was getting a bit concerned & frightened; and that was when I was directed by those scriptures in Ezekiel 37:1-10.

JIGGLES ~ yes to you too, we can all pray for each other in this journey to renewed health. It would be nice if you and LIZR and DAWNFIELDSwould join us on our CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS thread and PRAYER WARRIORS threads in this faith forum ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #9  
No more +sizes

Thanks for the invite. I will check it out.

I have a praise report...I tried on a pair of pants I had to stop wearing because I couldn't close them. I tried them on and they are almost too big. I don't know how much weight I've lost because I haven't been on a scale but I'm working on getting down in clothing size. I'm SOOOO excited.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #10  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

*waves hand* ME ME ME!!!

I'm all for speaking the Word over our bodies. Amen. Let's do it.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #11  
Rosebud

MRS. BRADY ~ that is so cute! We pray over your body too -- for Peace and Strength and Joy, and renewed health too ... just like our Lord desired for us all!

JIGGLES ~ congrats on going down another size; I am doing the same thing. I always went by size whenever I lost weight, it just works better for me.