Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/198/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 3 1/2 weeks post op ups and downs

Hi everyone! Well here I am going on a month (this coming tuesday will be 4 weeks). I found a protein shake I adore which is muscle milk in vanilla flavor and I mix it with vanilla soy milk (low sugar) and I find this combo to be absolutely YUMMY! I blend it up in my Magic Bullet sometimes throwing in a couple ice cubes and I'm in heaven. I've also been living off of beans cheese, cottage cheese, plain fat free yogurt with Torinis sugar free vanilla syrup
. I also found Egg Starts @ costco that are just egg whites that come in a case of 8 lil pourable cartons I can make yummy scrambled eggs w cheese and they are half the calories and lil or no fat or cholesterol (don't have the nutrition label handy so I can't be exact) I do knw only 30 cals compared to 70 of a reg egg and still 6 grams of protein. I also enjoy whole grain cream of wheat 7 grams of protein. The hard part has been takin the horse pill of a gallstone preventor...I have to crush it stil..any suggestions on what to mix it with? Its yuck and bitter even mixin it w/ the protein shake isn't enough to camo it...also, my brain wants real food sometimes but not really. Pouchie can't handle it. I get full very fast..this whole journey has really been about relearning what once came so natural..eating slowly..not drinking with my meals...chew chew chew...I no longer find pleasure from eatin like I used to...its morw because I have to..I imagine this will change with time and I knw i need to take advantage of this time to relearn, reevaluate, and change my old relationship with food and I'm looking forward to that. I'm thankful for this tool. I think I finally have the upper hand and food no longer controls me. The tables have finally turned haha!!
Ok well I'm down exactly 21 pounds as of this morning. This past week I got the first of several "you've lost weight! I can tell in your face" lol! Lovely...my face!?! Hahaha I'm lookin forward to when they can notice it in my belly and rear! Lol! I'm noticing all my clothes are fitting looser some are downright baggy and so that's a plus. All n all so far s good. Workin on gettin all the water in yikes! Oh forgot to add, I had been walkin daily since day one and this past week started back @ the gym doing 45 mins on the treadmill and ellipticle combined. No weights yet til I get cleared from Dr. Eventually I will buid up on the amt of time but I'm feelin great so far

Last edited by DesertMermaid; 01-15-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: oh my gotta fix the typos
DesertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Could you use a pill splitter to cut the pill in half (you can get one at any pharmacy) and then swallow each half like you normally would? At least you wouldn't have to taste it.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #3  

I usually have no probs takin my pills but at this point doc wants me to crush everything..even my teeny tiny ambien so I wonder how long til I will be able to swallow pills again...I don't see my doc til the 29th so that is one question I will be sure to ask.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh, I was thinking it was the size that was an issue. Whoops! Maybe someone else will have some good ideas for you.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #5  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

I would suggest mixing it in just 1-2 bites of your yogurt or cream of wheat, separate from your whole portion. Eat the the 1-2 bites first and finish off with the portion without the crushed pill. It will still be bitter, but hopefully it will pass with eating the rest of your meal after. This is how we used to give the crushed meds to the elderly in the care centers I worked at.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #6  

Thanks Gelene! I tried it this morning w/ a lil yogurt and it went down much easier and I was able to get over the bitterness with the rest of the yogurt
Old 01-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

sounds like you are doing great! keep it up...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote