Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #1  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Fur Rondy Fretting

Sounds a little bizarre, huh? Fur Rondy (used to be Rendezvous) is a sort of celebration in Anchorage, AK that started when the trappers got together and there were fur auctions (there still are). Now, though, there are sled dog races (the Iditarod starts at the end of Fur Rondy), ice sculptures, auctions, bazaars, and all sorts of other fun things.

We used to live in Anchorage and would go every year. My partner wants to go this year (Anch is now 3 hrs away - we live in a small town on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. Oh, wait. All the towns on the Peninsula are small...) and I would kind of like to go too. Although we are a bit of a traveling circus.

All that said, I think for the most part I can eat in a healthy fashion, but there is one treat I would very much like to allow. There's a place we like to go that has eggs benedict better than anyone's except mine. I don't really make it that much anymore, of course, because I'll eat it.

Between now and fur rondy (3 weeks or so) I need to convince myself that it'll be okay to eat eggs benedict with a mimosa as a "special". Bizarre, I suppose, but true. I like the way things have been going for me, and the thought of breaking out of my good habits even that much makes ME break into a sweat!

I'll have to think about it some more - whether it is really worth breaking out of my usual habits. Perhaps so; we need to learn to make exceptions, because rigidity is also going to be a death knell for my long-term eating and health goals.

Perhaps now the good people on 3FC can agonize with me a little bit. What would you do? What do you do when special/obvious plan-breaking events come along? I was thinking that planning ahead and setting a limit or picking my breakage would work well. Thoughts?

cheers,
calluna

Last edited by calluna; 01-14-2010 at 05:17 PM.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I can't tell you whether to eat the eggs benedict or not, ha. I did use to love them, so I get it. a quick look on the internet, seems to be about 700 to 800 calories for the dish.

one way I might look at it, the eggs benedict will be around for a long, long time. the restaurant will be there for years to come. if you're having to convince yourself it's ok to eat them, maybe there's a part of you that would rather resist. (I say that as a woman with her own "cave" moments.)

have a great time, it does sound like fun.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, eggs benedict is not your basic health food. Thanks for your thoughts!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote