WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/216.5/120

Height: 4'11

Default what if you don't use a whole serving ?

I'm confused about what to do with points if I don't use the whole serving. Some are obvious if it's 4 pts for a cup and I eat half a cup it's 2 points

but what about for example raisins. the book gives a figure for 1/4 (I think) sometimes I sprinkle my yogurt or oatmeal with them to add flavor but I may only use 10 or 12 raisins, what would I count this as ?

also does anyone eat dried apricots. The book I have says dried apricot halves 6 of them for 1 point. I'm wondering if you buy dried turkish apricots are they the 'halves' or is it usually a whole dried apricot ? seems hard to believe it would be 1 pt for 3 whole dried turkish apricots
letstrythisagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

What I do is weigh things like this on my food scale and then calculate the amount of calories based on weight. So, I'd put my 10 or 12 raisins on the scale and see how many grams/ounces it totals and then look up the nutritional info (or just use the package info) and use my points slider to get the points total. In other words, you might not be able to rely on the points book to help you out here.

I hope this makes sense! :-)
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

^agreed ^

If you have nutritional info always use the points slider over the book! The book is just a general estimate of what it usually is. The nutritional info will be much more exact.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote