Old 01-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Well, here I am again...

I know I keep saying I'm restarting and then I don't. I don't post but I don't leave, I lurk. I won't give up!

I've gained weight back and it kept going up and I didn't know what to do about it. (highest number I saw this last month was 310lbs and it scared me)

I've realized that I have depression and I need to see a doctor about it, I've probably had it since my last son was born and it was coming out of it and doing great this last year until the incident in August. I'm seeing my counselor still and it's helping me.

Now, I'm starting to heal and get better.

I'm on day 11 of quiting smoking, I used Champix this time and then after I finished those drugs I was on an emotional tail spin (but I've been having lot's of ups and downs since November) and I'm not sure if it was the drugs because I wasn't consistent with them and I didn't even finish the starter pack (14 days), I'm doing well and not craving the smokes.

Last week I started back at the gym, doing weights/some cardio. Working out and doing yoga at home, though I haven't been doing much cardio, that's my plan for this week, to get more of that in.

Next week I start calorie counting again, I'm just journaling right now and trying to watch what I eat and staying away from sweets, which has done me in the last few months.

But it's the frame of mind that was gone before and it's back now, that feeling I got the first six months of this journey, that I can do and I feel strong again.

I'm back up to 303 right now but I'll be back down to 285 again in no time!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Good luck, SnowboundChick!! I think that the fact that you lurked and didn't leave completely shows that you really do want to do this, and sounds like you are ready. We are all here for you!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back!

I've also just restarted after a very long break last year.

Good for you for trucking through - we all know it's not easy -- and congrats on the loss you've maintained.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I am glad you are here and are determined not to give up. Keep on keeping on.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I remember you from before you were SnowboundChick!

You have some big challenges, but you are so strong and brave! I've seen from your posts what you've gone through, and I am in awe at your stamina and endurance.

So don't you feel bad, you hear me? You have done a wonderful thing to quit smoking, and I am so glad you have a counselor. And, you're starting to get some exercise--also known as stress reduction! I feel strongly that you have a good chance of being back to your low weight again soon, and will keep going.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #6  
Motivated for 2010!!

S/C/G: 245/175/120

Height: 5'4"

Good for you for posting and coming back!! This is my 4th time in a year coming back so don't feel bad. The important thing is that we keep trying and that we keep coming back here! Congrats on quitting smoking, it is super tough. I quit smoking in August and it was really hard for awhile.
LizJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am so so so glad that you are back. You ARE right. You CAN do this... you can!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, Donna!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome back, we're always here for you! I am so glad you've stuck with this through your challenges. You CAN do this, chickie!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Cigarettes are very hard to kick. You are doing it, though, and you haven't lost site of your other goals. I can see that giving up is not an option for you.
Go on, Snowbound Woman !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am SO glad that you've rejoined us.

I know for certain you CAN turn this around and get that scale moving in the right direction. I'm excited for you as you sound ready to take that big leap. I look forward to you de-lurkifying yourself and hearing of your continued progress.

I admire your perseverance. It's going to get you make your goals a reality. A REALITY!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI!!!!

So glad you posted. I commend you for quitting smoking - it's tough. BUT -

you CAN do it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote