General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #1  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default 9 pounds in 9 days with Fat Smash

I did Fat Smash a few months ago, lost my 9 pounds in phase 1 and went to EXTREME and lost more. I went on a muscle building program for a little while and have definitely made some change in my body, but though I gained muscle, I gained a little fat too..but that was to be expected.

As of late, my appetite has been a little out of control, so I am going to restart Phase 1 to DETOX and get my appetite/cravings in check...and to lose some of this weight. I always get all my exercise in and still do moderate weight training..

So.. here is to Day 1!

My Weight as of today? 151.0 Goal: 142.

I'm going to do it! I'm really pumped and will post daily to be accountable.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #2  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Tuesday Day 1 - 151lbs.... Down hill from here baby! I think I can make it into the 140's by tomorrow!

Gym - 30 minute jog. 15 minute walk incline

7am - Meal 1
1/4 cup oats w/ 3/4 cup frozen peaches
1 apple & 1/4 grapefruit

Between Meal: unsweetened peppermint tea

10am - Meal 2
1 cup bean (lima and black)
tomato/cucumber/onion mixture
lettuce
Walden Farms 0 Everything dressing
1/2 cup egg whites

1pm - Meal 3
1 cup 0% Fage yogurt plain no sweetener
1 apple & 1/4 grapefruit
1/4 cup puffed rice

Between Meal: unsweetened peppermint tea

4pm - Meal 4
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup frozen peach slices

7pm - Meal 5

broiled brocolli spears
cherries
2% Fage unsweetened

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-12-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4

Good luck! It sounds like you already have the motivation to do it, so I'm sure it will be easier than you think! I've been doing the 4 day diet since last Monday. I lost 5 lbs in the first phase-4 day detox. Then I took Fri, Sat, and Sun off from following the required foods lists--and I still lost 2 lbs over the weekend just from watching what I eat and going to the gym for 2 hours on Sat. Now I'm on Day 2 of Phase 2, and I'm another .6 lbs down from yesterday morning. So, a grand total of 7.6 lbs in 8 days. Wooohooo! I gotta try not to get on the scale every morning...BUT its a great motivator for the day when I see even just a .6 drop!
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #4  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I am a daily weigher as well. Congrats on the loss so far! ..Just a few ounces away from 8 pounds in 8 days is AWESOME! Keep it up! Keep pushing!!!

Weighing daily is not that bad, you just have to be able to handle fluctuations.. But more importantly, it keeps me from waking up one day wondering how the heck I put on 25 pounds. As soon as I see it going in the wrong direction, I'd tighten up my diet. Period.

Yes, I am very motivated about this round of fat smash. I'm hoping to see great progress by Sunday! Around this weight, every pound makes a huge difference on me, so I am super-exited to shed them!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

I started fat smash ten days ago, was doing really well, but then fell off entirely. I think the reason I didn't stay determined throughout was that I was not working out and I wasn't giving myself enough of the allowed foods.

I decided to start again today, too. I'll try and check in with you each day if I can! Your plan for the day looks perfect. We can do this!

My day:

Water: one gallon (5 bottles @ 710mL each)
Meal no. 1: a cup of yogurt and an apple
Meal no. 2: an apple and a tangerine
Meal no. 3: chickpea and eggplant casserole (so delicious)
Meal no. 4: a cup of yogurt and a tangerine

Meal no. 5: a vegetable stirfry with beans and steamed broccoli
Meal no. 6: a fruit smoothie
Workout: Day 1, Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred

P.S. = complete

Stay strong!
Scatterheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #6  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Hello!! I am glad you joined! Yes, we can do this and will do this! I just remembered that when I was around this weight is when I switched to the Extreme Version (which is harder).. I think I am going to switch to that as of tomorrow. There is more exercise involved and the food is strict, but I want to just do the strictest possible to get the weight off now!

I didn't get back to the gym this evening. I actually like going to the gym, but sometimes its just so hard finding enough time in the day to do EVERYTHING! So I came home to prepare some more beans and veggies for the rest of the week. Got my Extreme book back out.. so this is great! Technically, I had been doing the Regular Smash since Friday... starting at 154...but just starting journaling today... so I was going to extend it another 9 days. Monday weighed in at 148 and then today 151.. what a bounce.. but I understand how the body holds water, etc... so I know that the bottom line is - the scale is moving in the right direction. I'll see what things look like (as far as weight is concerned probably Friday morning.

Let me go and re-read the Extreme book again to get myself ready to be super strict. I think I don't need the freedom of unlimited anything (including beans) at this stage... so EXTREME it is!

Thanks for being my Fat Smash buddy!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-12-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #7  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Oh yes! I am glad that I switched to this one already! I forgot that I have more protein on the Extreme (like Whey shakes) and I want that to keep the muscle that I have worked so hard to get pumping iron! So this is good. I am glad I did the regular version for a few days though because I was kind of tired of eating meat! I just couldn't stomach it! I will still journal everything as well.

Ahhh and the beloved 2-a day cardio sessions! Oh yes, now I remember!

Ok. off to read the rest and see exactly how my weight moved the last time. I have to try to get the most weight off as I can before the 29th because I am due to start a new workout plan which will require me to eat a certain way but for now... this is still the way to go because I need to work through these food demons. I think this will be good to set me up for my new plan. My body needs this detox. I wasn't eating Bad foods prior to this but just too much of good foods (peanut butter and nuts)...which still can result in more intense cravings.. and when I see that happening... I quickly stop that cycle!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-12-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #8  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Today, Wednesday, January 13th

Tuesday 151
Wednesday: 148.4!!!!

Ok, so I am happy to be back in the 140's and DO NOT want to see the 15's again! No way!!! I am pumped and will keep my motivation high. My weight is going to move down, down, downhill from here!

Alright. No work for me today.. Slept in LATE! Went to the gym late this morning.... and now just eating my first meal at 1pm.. But sometimes you just need to let the body rest....and your mind too

So anyway... Cardio. Walked on the Incline Trainer for 85minutes. Switched Day 1 and 2 around. The book suggests that you start the program on whatever day that makes your 2-a day session on the weekend. I just decided to swap Day 1 with Day 2 so I will follow the meal and exercise still by the book. So today is supposed to be 75 minutes of cardio...broken down into 2 sessions 40 minute & 35 minute...or something like that but you can see that I already did more than I needed.. so anyway, I will probably still go back later and hit another session (probably a little weigh training session) and then that's it.

(Menu from Cycle 1 Day 2)

Meal 1
6 oz - 2% Greek Yogurt
1 mango and 25 cherries

Meal 2
1/2 cup beans
4oz chicken
lettuce / fresh tomato cucumber salad w/ Walden Farms 0 Everything Dressing
*Combo of meal 2 and 3 because since I woke up late I dont have enough time to get all the meals in and since I burned 1000 calories this morning in the gym... Gotta eat!

Snack
1/2 (3oz)Greek yogurt
1 tsp flax
mango & 20 grapes

Gym: 35 minutes - Upper Body weight training

Meal
2 Protein Pancakes: whey & egg whites
1/2 cup brocooli

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-14-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #9  

Dedikayted you are indeed! Congrats on the loss! Woo! Youre doing great, amazing how much exercise you are getting in. I need to keep on top of that myself. Keep it up!

Im down too, from 215.8 to 214.6 - so a little over a pound already so far

Just wanted to update quickly (not a lot of time on the computer today): I did stick to everything I said yesterday, including day one of the 30 day shred - which totally kicked my *** (surprising for a cardio dvd) I need to get some weights so I can do it more fully, I also want to get to the actual gym sometime soon, too. At least I have a home workout option for days as busy as these have been.

So, today:

745am, meal no. 1: real oatmeal
1045am, meal no 2: an apple and a yogurt cup
1245 am, meal no 3: chickpea and eggplant casserole

Should have eaten at 345, but a work meeting went late.

Tonight:
Day 2 of the 30 day shred - right when I get home
Meals at 6pm and 9pm - will update when I know what they are.

I want to keep our scales going down!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #10  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Scatterheart! You are doing well! Glad you got in the 30 day shred! That's great! I know that those videos are no joke. As long as you get that exercise in...that's all that matters! I just keep telling myself that I want to be as effective as I can during this time. If I am going to be devoted to eating this way, I want the MOST progress that I can get. So I make sure I work that body!!! Never sell myself short! Plus, I have an office job, so the most physical activity I get is when I am in the gym --- so my body definitely needs it!

Well, I am on here deciding now what my workout is going to be.

... Almost time to get my clothes on to go in for Workout #2!

Let's Keep Those Pounds Dropping!!!!

Let's Get The Most That We Can Out of This Next Week!

Get Hype!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #11  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Thursday & Day 2 Of Extreme

sitting here drinking my coffee that Extreme allows (thank you).

Planned meals for today (will update if they change):

Meal 1 will be:
Egg whites & apple

Snack
Fiber One, grapes, Fat Free/Lowcarb Calorie Countdown Milk

Meal 2
salad w/lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion
Walden Farms Dressing

Meal 3
1/2 cup beans (lima/black)
2 brocolli

At work early today, so will get my 60 minutes of cardio in once I get off today! Woohoo! Go DOWN SCALE!!!!!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-14-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #12  

You're doing great! 60 minutes of cardio is intense, but it will certainly pay off. It looks like your diets perfect too.

Its day 4 and I'm still going strong. Down to 213 this morning, that's 2.8 pounds in three days. I just want it to continue. Ive done three days of the 30 day shred, and stuck to fat smash (except for coffee! haha) Ive been super busy these past couple days, I don't even really have time to be typing this right now, but I will keep checking in over the weekend.

Weekends are always the most difficult for me in terms of sticking with it. I have to be on top of it.

Lets keep those numbers dropping!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #13  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

ITS FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!!!!!!!

Things are going well. Dragged myself to the gym LATE last night to get my 60 minutes of cardio in... Boy, I did not want to do it. I love going to the gym in the morning.. not so much at night but I didn't want my exercise to get behind. NO WAY! I am in it to WIN it! I will weigh again this Sunday more than likely. I want to see GREAT things too when I do weigh on Sunday, so I must give it my all - and that is EXACTLY what I plan to do! UP late last night cleaning the house...so got a LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE start today.... but the first thing I did was throw on my workout clothes to complete the exercise....Actually did 70 minutes of cardio on the Incline Trainer. Should see some great drops in the scale very soon! By Sunday or Monday I am going to see a GREAT number on the scale - I am promising myself!

Well, let me go get a couple bottles of water in. Feeling thirsty. Will check in later

Meal 1
Yogurt & 2 mangoes

Meal 2

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-15-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #14  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Scatterheart!

I am so happy the scale is moving in the right direction for you as well! Stay strong this weekend and be REWARDED with another drop!

Stay focused! Just remember that you can be just THAT MUCH CLOSER TO YOUR GOAL!!!!

PUSH IT!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #15  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Still here! Still pushing it.

Cardio - 60 minutes & Upper Body weight training

Will weigh in on Monday!