Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Menu, Support....week of January 11th

Do you need some accountability? A place to post your Menu? Some support? Then this is the place for you! Come on in!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I have my meals planned out for the week. I only lost 1lb last week and decided its time to plan ahead alot better.
food
breakfast- 1 toast 1 egg 1 cheese coffee 7pts
lunch fish fillet green beans 2pt
snack pudding and string cheese 3 pts
dinner porkchop, greens and greenbeans and beets 10pts
22 pts total..allowed 25

isnt it amazing when we actually plan lots of veggies the difference it can make in our menu.
Im planning on having a slice of my daughters icecream cake tommorow. Its 9 points,,so i have to plan them in tommorows menu. Looks like I will be loading up on veggies to make room for the cake.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies, I got that biggest loser wii game and for my height and weight it says I should be eating 2000 calories. I always ignore those types of recomendations but for once I"m going to try it higher, because I was reallylosing slowly at a lower amount. we'll see.

I have no idea what I"m going to eat today.

I finally exercised yesterday. it was great!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #4  
mj5

Hi everyone! My knee is SO much better today. Amazing what some rest, ice, and ibuprofen can do!!!! (I haven't been icing like I should, it's such a simple thing and it helps SO much!!!!) I'm going to hold off on calling the ortho. If it gets bad again, I'll call. I am not going to go to the gym tonight, but will go back tomorrow. So, we'll see....

Beverlyjoy--Glad to hear your back is better. VERY glad you were home when the ice maker started leaking!

Diane--Good luck w/ the challange. That sounds fun. Take it easy w/ that knee!

Passionista--Good for you! I need to get back into making working out a habit, too. GREAT job! traveling and eating healthy is not an easy thing.

lottie--Great! How's the exercising going?

Trazey--Welcome back!

rakel--Great job!

sachiko--Welcome!!! Great job at the store! Having a plan helps!

raebeaR--Congrats on the loss!

dgramie--sounds like a good plan!

I am back to my pre-holiday weight...yippee! I am going to update my ticker because I am still above my ticker weight, but it's time to re-group and get serious. It is very helpful that my dh is eating healthier--I bought some chips for my nephew and dh was NOT happy, of course I sent the chips home w/ my nephew (which was the plan), but dh didn't even want to see them in the house. LOL!!!!

I had a great weekend w/ family. We have had a weird family dynamic. My dad was married before and my older brother and I are from that marriage, but when our parents split, my older brother went w/ our birth mom and wasn't allowed to have any contact w/ us. It's a looooong dramatic story, not worth getting into here, but when I was in college, I finally "met" my brother. (never met my birth mom) We have struggled getting to know each other. We want to, but it's hard to know "how" to....if that makes any sense....anyway, we are finally doing it now and it is awesome! We spent Saturday at my niece's sports games and then went to their house for dinner and game night. It was SO much fun.

Ok, I should really get to work!!!!! Have a great OP day everyone!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I did well on my plan yesterday...I am so grateful.

My back felt better yesterday - so I did alot of catch up work on my computer - plus my favorite sites. I woke up with a back ache again. I have an ergonomic chair. Just not enough support for a just feeling better back. I just plain sat there too long. BUT (here is the good news!) DH has laptop from when he was looking for a new job last year. His company gave him a new laptop. So....he set it up for me to use in my comfy chair with my support back pillow. I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner!! I am doing a happy dance!

I have my day planned out food, and all my 'change my habits stuff". I am not used to this computer and am s l o w .

mj - so glad your knee has improved. and hooray for getting back to your preholiday weight.

Lottie - enjoy your new wii!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Well, my weight was up this morning. Whatever. I think it might be some water retention from some salty stuff over the weekend. I updated my ticker, and that was painful, but I just want it out there. I went and worked out and then I'm going in to the gym in a little while to do the weigh-in and measurements for the 12 week challenge. So, it's all ok. I am going to give it my all! My knee doesn't seem 100%, but is so much better, I think I'll be fine now. Staying on plan this week totally with food. I slipped up a few times last week. Onward!

Beverly - That will be good to have the laptop!! Yay for you!

MJ - Glad your knee is better! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Good for you!

Lottie - It may be a good idea to give the extra calories a try. At least for awhile so you can determine what can work for you.

dgramie - planning is always good! I know I do better with keeping on track when I've planned ahead.

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #7  

Hello All,

I like the idea of this accountability thing....

I had a good weigh-in this morning. Down two pounds! Weight Watchers says I can have 35 points per day but I'm trying to do 33 which is plenty of food. I made turkey/veggie chili yesterday so I'm having that for dinner, cold cuts for lunch, cereal for breakfast. Jello, fruit and popcorn for snacks.

I'm having this mysterious back pain so it limits my weight training ability but I walked 30 mins and plan to walk again tomorrow morning.
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #8  
Reluctant Adult

Hello, chiquitas!!

Thanks for starting us off for the week, mj5 -- and congrats on getting back down to your pre-holiday weight!! That's a good feeling, isn't it? Now the holidays are well behind you and you can get ON with this weight loss business!! Really glad to hear the knee is improving as well. I agree with you -- ice is the magic cure!!

dgramie, planning is the key, isn't it? I've found there are some things I just really don't want to give up while on this weight loss journey, and since I've decided it is a lifestyle change and not a diet, then I may as well start building in ways to cope with my preferences now. It's working!! So nothing is really off limits anymore, just very limited quantities of certain things, like simple carbs and wine. Enjoy the heck out of that cake!!

lottie63, can I come rub your head and let some of that exercise impetus rub off on me?? I just CANNOT seem to get back to it. Be proud of yourself for getting it done!!

Beverlyjoy, very cool about the laptop and getting some relief from your back pain. Hope it feels even better soon. I've had a weird thing happening with my back as I've been losing weight... at my highest weight, I didn't really have any back pain. But as I began to head through the low 250s and upper 240s, I had some real problems. I think that, because my weight distribution was changing, my back was suddenly coping with more stress and strain than it had been -- if that makes sense at all. Hopefully your back pain will resolve as the weight comes off, too!! When I hit the lower 240s, it went away completely.

Slashnl, sorry about the dang scale. The salt really messes with us, doesn't it?? Just hang in there; that scale will move -- promise!! You're doing great.

soulnik, welcome!! Great bunch of chicks here. Hope your back pain resolves soon, too. Your plan looks like it's working well for you!!

Check out the ticker, ladies!! Got on the scale this morning and there it was: The 220s!! Ok, just 229, but man, I haven't been in the 220s for, uhh, a really long time!!! I barely remember the 230s except for 236 and 233... up and down, up and down, and then, whoosh, down to 231 yesterday and 229 today. All I can do is shake my head and stick with my plan... which is really not all that healthful:

Breakfast: 2 slices regular bacon, 1 oz. LF mozzarella cheese, 1 hardboiled egg, 12 oz. V-8 juice

Lunch: Cup of minestrone soup with extra veggies and beans

Dinner: Steamed spinach, baked chicken breast stuffed with ricotta cheese and topped with diced tomatoes and LF mozzarella cheese (I like cheese!!), glass of red wine

Snacks: Cup of cocoa, apple, handful of peanuts

Anyway. It's working. I'm a happy girl!!!

All the best, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI CHICKS....I just typed out a long post (it took forever because I not used to a laptop.) then my computer froze up.

So...hi everyone. I did well yesterday, glad you are all here! Have a Great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-12-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

well, after five days off I"m going back to work this morning. AUGH. I hate waiting for the bus in t his freezing cold.

b: pb and j on wheat, chocolate almond milk
l: vegan mac n' cheese

that's all I know for sure right now. I plan to exercise tonight a bit after I get home.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #11  

Hi All,

raebeaR - Congrats on the 220's!!!

Beverlyjoy - I hate it when that happens!

Lottie63 - Chocolate almond milk? Sounds yummy! Hope you have a good day at work.

I walked 40 mins this morning. Got to work a little early. I realized today that, while I'm staying within my points range, my food choices are not the best. But it's only the second week that I've been back on plan after almost 2 years off. It'll take some time to get back into the swing of things. So today:

Bkfst: WW egg mcmuffin, banana, coffee - 6.5 pts
Lunch: sandwhich, sf jello - 7 pts
Dinner turkey/veggie chile, small corn muffin, 100 cal pack - 8 pts
snacks: fruit/yogurt, popcorn- 7 pts
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I'm sad to say that my knee is sore again this morning. Not as bad as before, but not it's not feeling good. I will admit that I did not ice it last night, but I WILL tonight. I'm going to call the ortho later this am and get an appt.

Beverlyjoy--Great idea w/ the laptop!

Diane--Yea, that darn salty stuff...it's ok, though. LIke you said, Onward!

soulnik--Welcome! I made turkey/veggie chili over the weekend. It was SO good!

raebeaR--CONGRATS!!!! That is SO awesome!!!

lottie--getting back to work after a break is always tough for me!

Have a great OP day everyone! I have my gym clothes waiting for me in the car! I can at least go and ride the bike for a while tonight!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Well, I just did the same thing with wiping out what I had just typed. Dang it. I'll come back later.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #14  
Reluctant Adult

As a regular poster of too-long posts, please let me tell you what I do to avoid that really annoying situation of getting gobbled by the Post Monster: I either 1) type the post out in Word, then cut and paste it into the reply box; or 2) type it out in the reply box but highlight everything and copy to my cache before posting. That way if the post is lost, I can just paste it back into the box and re-post, thereby forcing you all to read my endless drivel... heh, heh.
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #15  
mj5

raebeaR--That's what I do too...I type it in either Word or Word Pad...I've lost too many posts not doing that!