Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 08:13 AM   #1  

Hello, friends! I thought I would start a new thread and get us off to a fresh start!

Has anyone heard from Jeanne? I'm sure she is so busy with her new baby and will write when she has time. I can't wait to hear her birth story!

Each day I continue to feel better and better. I only need to take the medication on rare occassions now. Hooray! I am so thankful to be on the mend and feel like I have my life and body back.

I go to the doctor today -- can't wait to hear that heartbeat! I'm not feeling the baby move yet (I'm 16 weeks.) It's still early, although I was feeling movement with my second by this time. I'm getting so anxious for that. I'll let you know how the appt goes.

Cassandra, I know exactly what you mean about the clothes! I have 1-2 pairs of pants from my "old" days, but I wish I had saved a lot more! Still, like you said, I think it was a necessary step at the time to give away the bigger sizes, at least it was for me. I'm never going to go back there! Plus, I do like wearing maternity clothes, because then at least people aren't asking, "Is she pregnant or just fat?" haha. I'm so vain.

Blessings,
Sara
9/08
Old 03-23-2001, 01:51 PM   #2  

Hello everyone! Hi Cassandra and Sara!!!! Jeanne! Where are you!
Happy Friday! I am looking forward to the weekend cause DH is home and spring break starts for the kids. It'll be nice to have some family leisure time for a week. Hopefully the weather will be nice--but the forecast isn't looking so positive.

Yesterday was glorious here! I had a good amount of energy after having to take a 1 and a half hour nap~LOL! The boys and I went out into the back yard for some spring cleaning. We have an 85 lb. black lab who has spent the winter destroying the grass with...well, I'm sure you get the picture. I let the boys help clean for a while and then told them to play on the swing set~which of course delighted them to no end! I am so sore from the clean up, and there is still so much left to do. I have my garden to tidy up as well. I can see my plants popping through the ground and that is very exciting. I love gardening, but I have to say that yard work s****! When it is all good to go, I'll be a lot happier.

Sara, how was your Dr. appointment? I know you must have got to hear that baby! Let us know everything!
I completely understand about wearing maternity clothes' the vanity of it anyway. You're not gonna believe this. I went back to Carson's and found 2 cute Spring/Summer dresses on sale. Get this 75% off --each dress was $7.50 ~can you believe it? Carsons is a little upscale, so getting these items so low, wont likely happen again. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open there~

Well, today my son is "Star of the Week" at school. Parents are invited to come and share a skill or hobby. So, Liam and I decided to do a quilt demonstration. I cut up squares and triangles and a border. Each kid is going to lay out a square or 2 triangles until the quilt pattern is finished. I'm not going to sew it--oh gee, that would take a while! But it should be fun for the kids to participate in. I'm also going to read a story about this man who wants to join a womens quilting club but is laughed at! In the end, he get's the men in his town to join him in a contest, and the men end up winning best quilt design. I thought it would be fun to show that boys and girl can do anything they like to do!

Anyway, I'm off to do my demo! It's a special thing being a mommy, isn't it? We sure are lucky!

Have a great weekend!

Scully and Bellybean
Old 03-24-2001, 09:59 AM   #3  

Hello, friends!

Scully -- your class demo sound wonderful! What grade was it for? I'm so impressed that you did all that yard work. We moved into this house last fall and haven't done a thing with the yard yet. And believe me, it majorly needs it! I think we are a little overwhelmed to even know where to begin!

My DH is sick this week. I feel bad for him (fever, sore throat) but I swear the man thinks he's on death's door step. I won't even bother to remind him that I've been puking my guts out for 3 months yet functioning with everyday life. What's the point? haha

The doctor's appt was great! I took my oldest daughter, Rebekah (almost 5) with me, so she got to hear the heartbeat! Everything looks great, and she could even hear the baby swimming around in there, even though I can't feel it yet. Next appt is the ultrasound -- can't wait!!! April 25th at 11:00 am. We are going to find out the sex if she can tell. We didn't with the other two, but I want to know with this one.

I also gained back 9 lbs!!! I was a little horrified but my doctor said that was great, so I guess it's okay. After weighing in every week for almost 2 years and praying for a LOSS, that was a little hard for me to handle, but I guess I need to get used to it.

Have a great weekend!
Sara
EDD 9/08
Old 03-24-2001, 11:18 AM   #4  

Scully - I, too, enjoy going to my son's class. I work on science projects and demonstrations with the (I used to teach High school math and science). The kids really like seeing a different face in the classroom. Plus, when I offer to do science for elementary teachers, they usually jump at the offer. Last year I worked on disecting owl pellets with 26 second graders. It was great!

Sara - I hope your DH is better by now. They can be worse than the kids when they are sick. I find if I just leave my DH alone he will get better quicker. He never stays home when I am sick, so I don't.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 03-26-2001, 11:30 AM   #5  

Hello, pg friends!

Just when we thought Spring had arrived, it's snowing here today...*sigh*

Scully -- I just read your post on the other site about going to the ER. Are you okay now? That must have been so scarey! I'm so glad everything is okay! When did that happen?

Well, after bragging to the doctor that my m/sickness was finally gone, guess what happens? I was sick on Friday and then again on Sunday. UGH!!! I've noticed that if I was busy the day before (and didn't take a nap) it's almost a sure thing I'll be sick the next day. I really need to watch myself and take it easy. I can't overstress myself with doing stuff. It's frustrating because I tend to be an on-the-go person with kids, business, church, friends, etc. But I figure it's my body's way of telling me to slow down, so I need to listen!

Still not feeling too much of the baby move. I was sure by now (17 weeks) I'd really be feeling a lot. I just keep waiting...

Have a great day everyone!

Sara
Old 03-26-2001, 12:07 PM   #6  

Hi Sara and everyone
Yes, it was/is scary. Everything seems to be fine according to the ultrasound and internal exam. The bleeding has stopped and is now brown, but I wish so badly for it to go away. I don't go see the OB until April 6th, and I wish it was sooner. there is nothing else that they can do other than what they did in the ER on Saturday. It started Saturday afternoon.

I can totally relate to you. It's hard when you are a physically active person and you have to slow down. I've been on the couch since Saturday, and the kids just don't get it. I've tried not to let them take on the burden of worrying that something was wrong with the baby. I knew they felt that when we went to the hospital, but I didn;t give them detail as to what was going on. They don;t even know what AF is, so bleeding would make no sense and it would be really scary. Anyway, the kids don't like that I am stuck in the house, and I feel like a broken record when I have to say, remember when mommy went to the hospital? The doctor said that I have to stay home for a while...it goes in one ear and out the other. Fortunately, one of my kids had a play date and went to a friends house today. The 6 year old is going ot nag me to death about why he doesn't have anywhere to go now. Sheesh! Oh well. They are so wonderful and loving most of the time. They seemed relieved that the baby is okay. I'm still paranoid about what is going on, but I have to take it a moment at a time, and hope that it was just ML with DH on Friday night that was the cause.

Well, I better scoot off of the computer. Maybe we can play a game or read together.

Have a good day preggos
Scully
Old 03-29-2001, 09:48 AM   #7  

Scully -- I'm so glad everything is okay! Take it easy and get lots of rest. I know how scarey that is. I think every time I've been pg, even though I've been excited about the pregnancy, I haven't realized how much I really wanted this baby until I started bleeding and it was threatened!

A friend of mine, due April 2nd, went in this morning to be induced. I'm so excited for her! It makes me more anxious for my own little one!

I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days, just tired. No big sickness to speak of. I'm trying really hard to take it easy and not over-do.

Sara
Old 04-03-2001, 11:16 AM   #8  

Hello! Well, my friend had a baby boy and he is just adorable! The labor was long and they ended up having to use the vacuum, but all is well now. Holding him makes me anxious for my pregnancy to progress!

I'm still not feeling much movement at all, which really surprises me since I'm almost 18 weeks now. Trying not to worry, too! I know it's normal, but I felt movement a lot earlier last time I was pg. Oh well.

Been sick off and on this week. I'm starting to think it's going to last the WHOLE time -- gasp!

Hope everyone's doing okay!

Sara
Old 04-04-2001, 07:33 AM   #9  

I am sure everyone is busy with their Spring activities. I definitely know it is Spring because my nose is congested from the pollens floating around. With all of the rain and snow we have had in the NE I am sure it will be a tough allergy season.

I have been very tired the last few days. I guess it was tougher adjusting to the time change this year. But otherwise, I feel good. My little one has been very active.

My dr appt went well. Of course, I gained more than I should have. But my BP is 122/69. I am very pleased with that since my normal BP is 120/70.

I am sheduled for the glucola test next month. I really do not want to take it. With my last pregnancy, the test was normal but I threw up from it (my doctor that time only did the three hour test). So I am very hesitant this time. I really do not want to do it but the midwife said I should be checked (she actually said all pregnant women should be tested). So I told her I will do the one hour test once. But if the numbers are not good, I will not do the three hour test. I am interested in any thoughts all of you have on the subject.

Sara - You will be feeling that baby before you know it. It is a great feeling but sometimes I wish my little girl would not lay so close to my bladder. Feel better.

Take care, ladies.
Old 04-04-2001, 09:33 AM   #10  

Hi Mommies!

Yes! Spring is finally arriving, and it's not too soon for me at all.
My nose is perpetually stuffy and I refuse to take sudafed like I normally would. I am thinking of buying a facial steamer and using that before bed. I brought out the humidifier, but I've yet to clean and use it.

Glad to hear that your Dr. appointment went well. It is always a relief. My thoughts about the glucola test...I was told by a Midwife that one could eat jellybeans instead of having to drink that stuff. If I remember correctly, she said something like 15. I could easily eat more than that! Anyway, I think they need a certain amount of glucose to test with and jellybeans are nothing but sugar. It couldn't hurt to ask. You know office practices vary and sometimes people tend to get stuck in tunnel thinking. Maybe this could be an option for you?

Sara: I wish that your MS would just go away already! I had a brief bout with nausea and "the smells" but it seemed to go away around the 11th week. I remember being afraid that it would continue. There is nothing worse than nausea and/or vomiting--okay maybe running a deliriously high temp LOL, but you know what I mean.

As for me, my OB appointment was yesterday. It went well until she tried to use the doppler and couldn't pick up a heartbeat again. So, they sent me to go get an ultrasound 2 hours later. I was trying not to freak out, but after going to the emergency room the weekend before, I still had a deep seeded fear.
I'm pretty sure that I have already felt movement, and coincidentally yesterday, before I went in to the U/S, I thought that I felt the baby move. A very instinctual part of me kept telling myself that everything was fine, but I had a good cry anyway. My next appointment for seeing the OB is May 2nd? I think...
I am also going to call and schedule a level 2 ultrasound for my 20th week. I am 15 weeks now, so it's gonna be a long 5 weeks! But worth the wait! We are hoping to find out the sex of the baby. The doc said that I could schedule it anywhere between 16 and 20 weeks, so I opted for around 20 since the baby will be bigger and maybe it will be easier to see.

Well, that's it for now. Hope that all is well with everyone. This board has really slowed down so much!

Take care of yourselves!
Scully and Bellybean
Old 04-04-2001, 01:56 PM   #11  

I am starting to think everything is happening to me! I went to the doctor yesterday morning and I have strep throat!! She put me on meds right away and is glad we caught it quickly. But believe me, a sore throat and morning sickness do NOT go together! Ugh! Unfortunately DH can't take any time off work, so I am home by myself with the kids. I'm trying to be patient but it's wearing thin. I am hoping that by tomorrow I'll be feeling a lot better.

Cassandra -- I know exactly what you mean about the glucose test! I had one with my first pregnancy, and it was so horrible -- I kept throwing up that nasty stuff and then having to drink it again!! It was such a bad experience. With my second, the doctor didn't recommend the test because I guess it can be rather inacurate. Now I already talked to this doctor and she wants me to have it too. I said we would discuss it more when the time comes, but she's really going to have to convince me that it's worth it. Scully, I have heard some doctors will allow you to drink a regular coke and eat a candy bar! Now that I think I could do! I will at least ask my doctor if that's an option.

I'm off to try to get some rest. Blessings to everyone.

Sara
9/08
Old 04-05-2001, 08:44 PM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. I just didn't feel like logging on to the computer for the last couple of weeks. My energy level and mood have been in the dumper. Work has been hectic, I've been just exhausted and I've been going to bed really really early, um like 9:30 last night, just to cope.

Everything is okay with the baby. this is week 18 now. I had the maternal screen blood test (where they test for Down's) and thankfully it came back negative. My ultrasound is scheduled for the 18th. I can hardly wait! I have felt little flutters but no really definate,'that was the baby' type movement. i'm sure it will be soon.

scully - you take it easy!!!!! glue your bum to the couch if necessary!

sara - goodness gracious, what is next for you?!? knock on wood! hope the strep throat is better.

take care all.
Closed Thread