Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:10 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday's Thread

I didn't see one started, so I thought I'd take care of it...
Old 01-02-2003, 09:29 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

So, how was everyone's New Years? I know that I'm ready to get back in gear and lose some of this weight. If my math is right, I've put on 8 lbs since November. That really sucks... I was thinking about how much more this means I have to lose until I reach goal. And I think of how close I was to goal before I pigged out during the Holidays... But, heck, there's no sense in regretting it--the damage is done and all I can do is work to repair it. So, right there is some good motivation.

Lori--You asked the other day if Aaron is the one who said all those terrible things. He said some kind of mean things when we were in the process of breaking up, but he was never as mean as Workboy was. Workboy told me that I needed to lose more weight, told me that I was OK, but he thought he could do better, etc...

Well, ladies, that's about all I know. I'll check in later, OK?
Old 01-02-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Jess - OH Okay I was thinking that Aaron was Workboy I think. Thats where the confusion was

My New Years was OK. My older brother and his girlfriend came down with his girlfriend's sister and her boyfriend. Plus a friend of mine came down. Everyone stayed at our place. The poor kitten, I feel bad for her. Everyone kept picking her up so much and she kept trying to get away. I told them she doesn't like to be held but what can you do?

Not much else happening here. Back to the daily grind, as it were. I really don't want to be at work today.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #4  

Hi Jess and Lori!

I am finally back to work after having almost 3 weeks off! We are moved into our new house and it is slowly taking shape.

I haven't read any posts in weeks, so I am going to go back and skim to catch up.

I am back to stay. I have gained more weight and my DH and I officially started "a lifestyle change" as of today. I have almost 30 pounds to lose, and I know I can do it with you girls' help!!!

Well, I am off to see what I missed, be back in a bit!

Happy New Year!!!!

p.s. Jess ~ Workboy is an a**. He will get what is coming to him in the end....
Old 01-02-2003, 10:03 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Hey All,

I am still on my vacation, I haven't done it much during it asides from hang with friends etc, but hey, I don't mind, I haven't had time to veg out in a few years, sometimes it's good just to chill for a while.

Oh I am thinking about finally biting the bullet and getting certified as an aerobics instructor... Once I am out of school I might need a few jobs so it would be a nice one on the side for some extra money.

Jess: I wouldn't worry too much, usually weight that comes on quickly leaves fairly quickly. As one weight watcher leader once said "it's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's you should worry about, it's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas".

Lori: my parents' cat is the same too.. She hates a lot of picking up especially from strangers kind of thing.

Anyhoo have a good day!

Ali
Old 01-02-2003, 10:07 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Tonya: I know the feeling, I think my weight is closer to 160 right now. I am not bothering weighing myself. I also started a new pill this month and this one does tend to cause a water weight gain for the first month, plus with all the extra food, argh (my jeans were tight before xmas and I was eating REALLY well). Ideally I want to be back around 145-150 by the Spring. I am glad you have moved in and YES you will be able to be where you want to be soon

Take Care!

Ali
Old 01-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Greetings and Happy New Year!

Mine is starting out OK. Mom is being a bit better about the house and things seem to be coming together. I am pretty proud of myself for organizing things and hopefully in 6 weeks it will be a bit better too.

Ali - go for your certification!! That will be a great way to earn $$! My friend keeps hers up and now that she has a kid and is off work, she goes a couple times a week for spending money, excersize and for time off being a mom.

Jess - I did some damage over the holidays too,b uthey, we are back on track...

Tonya - glad you are back to stay!! Yay!!

Hi Lori and all about to post. I have a busy day and I want to go to the gym at some point today but I'll bbl.

Old 01-02-2003, 10:29 AM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning ladies. I know I haven't posted in a while, I just needed time to get my head together. But here I am as together as think I can be. I'm going to start back to WW next Monday. I had to quit for the PG thing, and it's kind of amazing how fast the weight seems to have piled on. I haven't stepped on a scale yet, but my pants are all cutting into my waist when they used to be pretty big in the waist. I am also just generally feeling like my body is revolting, so that's great motivation.

I just have to tell you girls how sweet my hubby was yesterday. He told me that he wanted to start my New Year off right. So he filled the tub with hot water, poured my lavendar bath oil in, lit a bunch of candles for me, left me a half dozen roses, set up the portable DVD player he got me for Christmas with a DVD, and brought me into the bathroom. It was wonderful!!!! I highly recommend movies in the bathtub!!!

Jess, I am feeling the urge to come open a can of whoop-*** on workboy. Jersey Kier, my partner in crime, are you in? Any thoughts, Jess, on where things are with Aaron? Could there be a future get-back-together with him or is this pretty much going to be a friendship thing?

Lori, sounds like you had a fun New Year. Poor kitty...maybe this will make her more social in the long run, though. We also had a small party, another couple over for dinner and games and lots of talking. Those nights are really fun, aren't they?

Tonya, I'm glad you're finally in your new house. You've worked so hard and waited so long. Now you can just focus on the lifestyle change, right? I gotta agree with you about Jess's workboy...

Hey Ali, glad you're finally getting some good R&R in. I think you should go for it and get certified as an instructor. I know they're always looking for them at my health club. It's a tough program, from what I hear, but well worth it. What a great part time job -- it would make sure you got your workouts in too!

Ok, enough novel from me. Happy New Year, y'all!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 10:31 AM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Belle, I was posting my monster when you were posting...I'm glad that your'e as strong as you are, because you're certainly in a tough spot with mom and finances right now. Sounds from your other posts like bf is finally gettin' ont he commitment train...keep us updated on the condo situation!
Old 01-02-2003, 10:53 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I haven't been around much lately and may remain quiet for awhile. Work went nuts and we had major cutbacks and a couple layoffs. I am in a very stressful position and it is making my PG difficult. No problems, just a lot of pains that I don't like. We are very trimmed back as of now and I hope no one else decides to quit because we will be hurting if that happens. I hate the economy at the moment, actually since 9/11. It is killing us.

That's it for me. I have been lurking tho!
Old 01-02-2003, 11:50 AM   #11  

Jayne,

I hope your pregnancy is going ok. You sound down.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:56 PM   #12  

Hey everyone! I have been lurking! The holidays were very hectic-went to Long Island to visit my family on X-Mas eve after working half a day, then we tried to get back on Christmas Day but ended up staying an extra night b/c of a snowstorm. So we got back thurs, worked, unpacked, and repacked to go to Chicago for a few days!!!
We told our families over the holidays about the pregnancy and the reactions were so funny! My family is all Italian and Spanish and very loud and emotional-people were crying and screaming and thanking GoD! DH just stood back and observed! And his family was very quietly like"Congratulations!" It was hilarious to see the differences...
Being married is a really interesting way to see into another person's family dysfunction!

We spend New Years with friends-it was ok-the first one in a long time where I couldn't even have a sip of champagne! Oh well...I had some quality time with a really good friend for college so that was cool...

Jayne-your husband sounds great-send him to my house please!
Ali-I always had a secret desire to be an aerobics instructor-go for it!
Jen-L-hang in there Here is a hug{}

Hello Belle, Tonya, Lori and Jess

BTW I tried posting on a pregnancy board and there was this long thread of fighting back and forth...not very supportive at all-someone posted something that other people didn't agree with and they were arguing....made me realize how supportive we all are here!

Lori D
Old 01-02-2003, 01:56 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

I AM A PIG.

I can't stop eating. I'm trying today to be back on track, especially after all the cheese balls I ate yesterday. Ever since the wedding, I haven't been paying attention to food (well, except for eating all I see). I had something to look forward to before. Now, I guess I keep telling myself I owe it to myself to eat what I want for a while. But I'm starting to feel ill.

So next week, back to the gym! I'd go before, but I'm leaving this evening to drive across the state for my interview tomorrow, and then I'll be at DH's mom's the rest of the weekend.

I'm also trying to quit smoking. I had only two cigarettes yesterday and now I don't even have a pack I can cheat from. I really would love to get PG in the next 6 months or so and I've got to get myself more healthy. I just wish DH would quit but he doesn't seem interested. If we have a baby, it's non-negotiable. He's quitting.

So here I am not eating, not smoking and I'm PMSing. I'm in a great mood, as you can imagine! I hope everyone else is having a better day!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:50 PM   #14  

Hey!

Where is everyone today? I am lonely!!
Old 01-02-2003, 08:29 PM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Hey all,

I had a crazy crazy busy day at work. I am also functionaing on less than 3 hours sleep b/c I had a migraine all night My grandparents & on eof my aunts & her family & one of my uncles & his family were all in town today. We went out for lunch (I had a cheese quesadilla) & then we shopped for a bit then some of us went to a matinee later on. I finally finally got to go see Big Fat Greek Wedding! I loved it. I want to watch it again! Now we're finally home & are going to relax. Hopefully I can go to sleep tonight. Hope you all had a good day today. Talk to you tomorrow sometime
Closed Thread