South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/162/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Euphoria?

This is day 5. I'm staying on plan but I'm not going to weigh in until it's been a week. Yesterday, I put on the jeans I was about to replace with a larger size, and while they were tight, they weren't uncomfortable like they were on Monday! Score!

Is euphoria a common stage when starting SB? I don't think it's because of the jeans, but I'm in an incredibly good mood and feel more energetic than I have for a long time....I'm even going to exercise today.

Oh, and I finally pooped.
weakling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

on your NSV! After 8 months OP, I still feel euphoric! I think it's all about eliminating all the yuck foods from our everyday diet. What I seem to notice, as well, is that when off plan foods are reintroduced that the euphoria can leave as quickly as it came.

It's the main reason I continue to eat OP. I really have never felt so good in my life.

PS I'm really excited every time I fit into a favorite outfit which I haven't worn for years.

Best Wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am on day 11 of Phase 1. I also feel great now and never felt better than when I was consistently on Phase 2 last year. Amazing what a difference food makes. I think a lot of my "euphoria" honestly also comes from the amazing women on here and in the blog world and the great sense of community and support. I wish I had joined the first time I did SB.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

For some people, me included, getting off processed carbs and sugar has a profound effect on our moods too. I'm amazed at the increase in my overall sense of well-being and balance since cleaning up my eating.

Congratulations no matter where it comes from. It's a great feeling
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
For some people, me included, getting off processed carbs and sugar has a profound effect on our moods too.
My DH, who has been so supportive of our new WOE after watching me struggle for so many years commented one day; "You've really been in a good mood since you started this diet."

I think it's really true-when I feel better, other people notice, too.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't know whether the better mood I have can be attributed to being lighter or eating less processed food or both. I do know I feel great every day that I am on plan. Eating off plan, while it may taste great, makes me feel "bad".
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

I am also noticing more even moods, less pms (it's coming soon!), sleeping better. I'm generally feeling more positive also, and less anxious. Years ago I read Potatoes not Prozac which talks about the detrimental effect of simple sugars on our bodies and moods. For those on Phase 2 and 3, you can bump up that good feeling by having a couple of Triscuits about 2-3 hours after you eat dinner. Apparently eating something with carbs but no protein (fat is ok) that amount of time after a meal with protein, before bed, gives those seratonin molecules the little extra push they need to reach their receptors. I'll give that a try once I'm done with phase 1!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

At almost 3 years of eating this way, the euphoria is still with me.

I get to school at 7 every morning and another teacher there always tells me
"How can you be so "*&^%^" happy in the morning? I just say "cause I feel good" A lot of people I know are tired and grumpy cause they just don't feel good.

By the time I get to work, I've gone to the gym for 2 hours. The first hour is treadmill/machines. The second hour is for the steamroom, shower and make up. So, by the time I've gotten to work, I feel like I've been to a spa...all healthy, shiney and ready to get to my day armed with foods that will fuel me well. The food keeps me running and the gym endorphins have kicked in and life is good. I can handle whatever comes at me the rest of the day. I see the tired people eating a sugar covered roll from the machine for breakfast and chips out of the machine for lunch. They are amazed at the quantity of food I bring for lunch. No wonder they feel so rotten. It's like putting a few drops of bad gas in a car and expecting it to run!

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-09-2010 at 07:28 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote