Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 08:27 PM   #1  
Is it Friday yet?

Oooh, the new forum is purdy! Pretty darn green though!

Happy New Year everyone - just checking in real quick before heading to dinner with da' group.

Ruthie - Congrats to you n' your love for so many years together!

Wildfire - I'm in - I'm so sick of feeling like I'm carrying a basket ball under my shirt!

Resolutions... I don't mean resolution as in the silly ones we've all made at New Years that none of us keep - I mean today I've resolved to do something - I resolve to explore what is going on with "my guy".

I saw Dr. Phil today and he said "if your life is work, home, grocery store, Mom's house, work and home again - the perfect man would have to throw himself on the hood of your car to cross your path". He's right.
Yesterday some things were said by some other people in his office and mine that lead me to believe that I'm truly not just imagining the flirtation... Time to grow some ba... uh, be a bit gutsy, and find out.

That is the biggest goal of 2003

Luv n' hugs all! Have a safe, wonderful New Year!

Terri
Old 12-31-2002, 09:39 PM   #2  
Searching

Happy Anniversary Ruth! 19 years is an awesome accomplishment!

And of course Happy New Year!
Miss Chris
Old 12-31-2002, 10:20 PM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Punkin, you go, girl!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 09:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Punkin, that's wonderful! You know, you've got nothing to lose. Go for it! hugs and prayers....
Old 01-01-2003, 09:57 AM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Go for Terri!!! That is an awesome goal. Good luck!

I like what Dr. Phil said too. It is very true. Now where are those guys to jump on my hood? At least I could drive by them to make it easier...
Old 01-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening all!

Ellis-you had mentioned Flylady on another thread...I popped in there this evening and saw the "Fling Challenge" for Jan2-16...
I am so on board with that! A few months ago I set up my Flylady control book but never did anything with it I don't bother with the emails as I am at work during the day and they would just start piling up instead I just log on and see what the day's mission is and try to get it done. I am trying to implement the whole thing slowly and break my pack-rat habit!

Rochemist-great new picture!

Punkin- good luck with the "guy" and for you!

I spent last night and the better part of today watching movies with DH. We watched Dragonfly (good); Sum of All Fears (good, and Ben Affleck was better than I thought he would be); K-19 The Widowmaker (very good); Insomnia (good) and Halloween-Resurrection ( -but then I knew it would be crappy when I got it-had a few laughs though, although I am sure I laughed at parts that weren't intended to be funny )
Old 01-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #7  

Mauvais, can you "filter" your email? That's what I do with FlyLady. I find they send WAY too many emails, so I filter some of them like the "Go to bed" one, etc so that they go directly into the trash. And the testimonials, too. I do NOT have time to read testimonials!!

Are you feeling any better, hon? Your movie day must have been fun.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #8  
Is it Friday yet?

Interesting.... It says I started this thread and I'm purdy sure it wasn't me - there's a *bunch* of our posts missing too. Par for the course I guess... I think this always happens when they "update".

Anywhooo... Thanks for the well wishes. I pretty much stewed on this all through New Years. I kept thinking "ok, I have my 'stuff' - my house, possessions, etc., but guess what? I'm alone". And as much as "alone" doesn't bother me, it *does* bother me that I've found someone wonderful, perfect for me, a great friend, etc. and so obviously interested that I feel like if I don't do *something* I'm failing myself (his office just hands him the phone when I call - even when I don't ask for him, what's up with that??). Of course, being that he's newly divorced I'm not going to just jump on him either...

So, in all my thinking the one sentence that kept going through my mind was "meet me half way" - half way between my house and his is the Bay Area - where we both go to visit friends. First in my plan of action is meeting him there, maybe this summer?? All I know is that I *DO* have to drive by him if he's ever gonna end up on my hood (oh, that's sounds naaaasty )

48 hours of debating with myself over what to do - the "what-if's", etc. - I'm bushed! I guess an upcoming birthday on Saturday, the holidays, the beginning of a new year, etc... really got me thinking that it's time to *do* instead of *think* - on a LOT of levels.

Happy New Year everyone and here's to a successful US!

Terri
Old 01-02-2003, 10:26 AM   #9  

Punkin, did you get my PM? You PM'd me and I mailed you back....

Hey, the half-way thing is a great goal. For this summer. That means getting rid of the basketball. So you're going to do some exercising, right hon?
Definitely a year to "DO". You go, girl!!!

I love your new quote.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #10  

Ellis-I just can't be bothered with the emails in general, mind you that "go to bed" one might help me get off the computer at a decent hour

Punkin-I closed the Winter chat off but I split the old thread to start the new one so we could pick up on the last conversation we were having re: your decision on your guy. That is also why it looks like you started this thread

The old thread is in the archives now for anyone who wants to revisit or catch up.

I agree with you on the New Year's reflections and deciding on what we want for ourselves this year and going for it

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 01-02-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:01 PM   #11  
Is it Friday yet?

Ellis - Aaaah, I haven't checked my PM and I set the darn thing up to email me if I got one! My email's been acting freaky for a few days now though.... I'll go check my PM's now!
And exercise - yup, going back to Curves today!

Mauvais - I thought that might've been what you did after I posted, then backed out and saw the old Winter thread.... Eh, the day after a drinking holiday... I'm surprised I could even get my computer turned on!

Ta'

Terri
Old 01-02-2003, 07:02 PM   #12  

Punkin~ into ye olde mead were we?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:21 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi All!! Well, I have had a major scare, which luckily turned out FINE. My Mom was in a car accident two days ago, hit her head on the steering wheel, and had some type of amnesiac response. She actually continued to the post office and then went home, and didn't realize she had been hit until she got home!! My dad took one look at her and took her to the emergency room. They did a thorough check up, and said she was okay. The bump is going down but she is getting MASSIVE bruising around her eyes.

The person who rear ended her was a 16 year old, who "didn't see" that she was at a dead stop waiting to turn into the post office!!! But he called the police, and they came to interview her at the hospital after they called them. The car is totalled. My Mom is such a sweety that she told the police to tell the kid she is okay because she was worried that he'd be scared!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 08:49 PM   #14  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I'm glad your mom is ok Den!!! That is such a huge scare.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #15  

Den, that is SO scary!! I'm so sorry about your mom, but so glad that she's alright!!
That's so sweet that your mom was concerned about the boy...
hugs, hon....
Closed Thread