South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Fantastic and Finally Friday Beach Chatter

Good Morning

It's a cold and crisp Colorado morning. The stars are bright and beautiful. Bing and I ventured out but he was more interested in the compost than in making yellow snow. Everyone is back in the snooze mode except...moi.

Today...same-o-samo-o..exercise and eat OP. I have a few chores, but since I had such a gung ho day yesterday, I might just take Cyndi's suggestion to heart and try some purposeful chilling out. We are preparing for blast off...leaving here Sunday, so I'll start the organization process. Next week is my big work week getting all the company books and reports together for the CPA. I'm super ready to get it done, and get back to funderland. Now that I've had that first cup of coffee, I'm going to get my yarn stash organized...it's been overflowing into my office since the last sale.

What is everyone up to on this second Friday of 2010? Stop by and say Hi!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie!
I think some purposeful chilling out sounds like a great plan!

I'm still on my 'half an hour early to work' plan, but I don't believe I'll be walking or snowshoeing outdoors today. I'm heading to Massachusetts to see my parents and I'll need to leave right after school if I'm going to arrive before they head to bed. It will be a quick trip, I'll come home tomorrow night, but there are a few things they need that can't wait til next weekend and as always, I'll enjoy the visit.

Hello to the rest of you - enjoy your Friday friends!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Heidi, have a good day, a safe trip and a nice visit with your folks!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning Debbie and Heidi. I am here early enough to actually say "hello" by name!

Another day off school for my teen here. Even trash pick up is canceled due to the cold. Brrr. Wish I could manage to stay asleep when I don't have to be up.

I have my weekly workout with my mom. (That's a story for another time/place.) Tonight we babysit 3 little nephews overnight. I will be exhausted come tomorrow!

Happy Friday to you and all who follow
Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chilling out sounds great to me, Debbie. Organizing the yarn stash sounds like a good way to do it.

Heidi, safe trip to Massachusetts later today. I'm sure your parents are appreciative of a loving and caring daughter.

Today is Donna Day, I hope, as we're heading towards crack house status around here! I have one of our counsellors coming at noon for a meeting and I know he's expecting lunch so I'll have her tackle the kitchen first. I was hoping to work in a trip to town but it looks like it won't happen. We are getting more snow this afternoon and I don't relish driving home from town in the dark AND the snow!

Wishing everyone a warm, safe and happy TGIF.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Ruth, what is "Donna Day?"
Old 01-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - You were posting this at 3 am your time/5 am my time?!?! Am I getting that right? You seem to have a good attitude about getting the books together...better than I would! Maybe I need to give myself some positive energy regarding that!

WaistingT - Yeesh, how cold is it there? Even trash is cancelled? It would be COMPLETELY exhausting to take care of three little ones. How old are they?

Heidi - I'm finding that 1/2 hour early thing is MUCH better. Just some quiet coffee time to wake up and come to functioning level. How is that going for you?

Ruth - crack house?!? I must say, I think it would be great to meet you in person one day!

Me - wow. what a mess!! My dining area now contains my stove, portable dishwasher, and refrigerator. Oh, and 1/2 my cabinets along the wall on the floor, so I have somewhere to put it. The table is clean though! Can you picture the chaos?

Needless to say, I'm not eating too great. Actually, here I ate well yesterday, but ate ** at work yesterday. I did pick up some red pepper and white bean dip at sam's the other day, picked up celery and red pepper yesterday, and it was DELISH!!! That stuff is GREAT!!

I'll try my best to keep on the exercise though. Today is my late day for work, so I hope to do a long run after the DS is off, then start the rest of the day. Food? I ain't worryin' about it til the kitchen is done. I'll survive .

Have a great friday! Everyone keep warm!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi WTime, your weather must be miserable for school to be cancelled again! Enjoy your workout with Mom, although the real workout seems to be your 3 nephews. Whew! Happy OP Friday!

Hi Ruth...I wish you could clone Donna and send D2 down here. I hope you're getting some quilting in, too, while the weather is so icky! Be safe and take care today!

Maybe one of you organized beachers would have a suggestion for me. I need a program for an address book-possibly one I could download online. I need it to be really simple. I'm really tired of hauling address books back and forth, and the program that was given to me years ago wasn't very functional! Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Girls!

It's a cold and snowy morning here, and I'm all about coffee. Have I told you all how much I adore my new expresso machine?

Debbie, we all need a chill-out day once in a while, and good for you for taking one! Enjoy!

Heidi, have a safe trip and a nice visit with your parents. I'm going to see if my mother would like to go to Target with me later, and maybe out to lunch, too. She probably won't want to leave her house, but I'm going to pester her, anyway.

WaistingTime, it must be pretty darned cold there if the trash pick-up is cancelled! Bundle up good if you're going out today!

Ruth, I'm having a "Donna Day", too, but I'm the Donna in my house. If I can get it all done this morning, maybe I can play this afternoon.

I have the first load of laundry in the dryer, and after I have my oatmeal I guess I'll go shovel out the driveway and sidewalk since I'm the only one home. I actually enjoy shoveling snow, though, and it counts for exercise.
By the time I finish the housecleaning the roads should be clear enough to run down to Target for a few things I need, and I do hope Mom will come along. She needs to get out more, and I really miss our shopping trips together.

Okay, who else snuck in here while I was posting?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

A chilly good morning everyone!
We finally got word late (around 3!) yesterday that school was cancelled today because of the weather today. Mad scramble to get notes homes with kids and gather all my "weekend" school stuff together. Hit the grocery store on the way home to get enough food for a few days and don't plan on going out till Monday morning. Also swung past the gym to get my cosmetic stuff out of my locker there. It's supposed to be around 14 degrees here right now...ouch.

My new stove finally got here on Tuesday and today I'll be making some chicken florentine soup.

Keep warm!

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-08-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Donna Day is the day Donna comes to clean, formerly Gail Day but she got a full time job.

Twynn, we will meet in person someday. I'm planning to get back to PA by car sometime this year. :yippee:

Cottage, I'm sure you'll do a good Donna Day. Did you get Jake to help you move the bike or is he still "enjoying poor health" as my Dad used to say. It's been 12 years and I still miss him. It's a good thing he pops into my head every so often.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, Ruth is even more delightful in person than she is here.

Cat, enjoy your unexpected day off! It must be pretty cold down there for you folks! I'm expecting pictures of that new stove of yours!

Ruth, ummmmm, noooooo, the bike hasn't been moved back up here yet, but hopefully this weekend. Jake said since I got it down there by myself, then I can get it back up here myself, too. Yeah. Right.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, look what happens when I sleep in! Good morning hope there's some coffee left

Debbie - A little chilling can go a long way. Sounds like a good plan. I'm not super familiar with it but would google calendar work for you? I've used it as a planner and like the ease of access. Sadly I'm still attached to my paper planner though.

Heidi - Have a safe drive and a nice visit. My brother will be at my parents next weekend and asked if I would be there too. I'd love to see him but also like to idea of a month without that drive.

Waisting - sounds like a busy day! Stay warm

Ruth - Sounds like a good day to stay home and I bet the dogs like that too.
If your house looks like a crack house we should not even speak of mine
PA?! Hmm, so you would be driving through which states??

Twynn - That dip sounds yummy. How long is the kitchen project supposed to take?

Cottage - You have me seriously thinking about an espresso maker Enjoy your day off.

Cat - Sounds like the perfect weekend for soup. Enjoy the extra long weekend

It's a somewhat chaotic day here. Treadmill repair dude is scheduled "some time between 9-4" so someone has to be here all day. DW has the morning off because I have a PT appt.(in town scheduled because it's 5 minutes from my office. the one I won't be going to today). Then it's get home and work on a mailing while I wait for treadmill dude. I'm glad I can work at home. I do have tons of accumulated personal days but I also have lots of accumulated work. Since I'm working at home I can also make the weekly bread, prep some dried beans and do a little laundry. Not a bad trade-off.

Still perfectly on plan and feeling the improvement. Had another friend pick my brain about SBD and getting healthy. She has PCOS and I think even some SBD principles will help her. Hope I was able to give her the info she needs.

Okay, slept in so I need to get moving. Off to Wii Stay warm out there!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

I want Donna!

Since you asked - highs expected to be 2 degrees, not counting windchill. I think average for us would be somewhere in the mid-30s.

My nephews are 8,5 and 3. Since my own are 17 and almost 20, I am not used to that little boy energy anymore. The hardest though is getting them to sleep.

Have a great one all!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Karen, you don't want Donna today. She just called and can hardly talk for coughing! I guess I'll have to put on my big girl panties and clean a bit myself.
Closed Thread