Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Valentines Day Challenge Week 1 and Invitation

The Holidays are over With no more goodie trays coming at us, and no more big meals it is time to get back on track with our food. This is going to be a 6 week challenge.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Week 1: 142

Hi I'm Jeni, 32 (almost 33). I have been with this challenge thread for almost 3 and 1/2 years. I have had my ups and downs, but I am so close to my goal. I have been at my lowest 139, and am back up now due to the holidays, and a lack of workouts for december. My kiddos were sick for a week each right before the holidays. Oh, I have two kids and a hubby who consume my life. I also work full time, 12 hour shifts 4am-4pm. My work rotation is messy and hard to follow, but I basically work 6 days one week, then I am off 6 days the next (four day weekends every other weekend.) I am in the middle of a week on right now.

I hope we see our old friends back on track with us!

W~I drink anywhere from 64 oz-100 oz of water a day.

E~ I rarely workout on my days on. On my days off I usually run for 35 minutes (5k), and do strenght training. Right now I am doing 45 cardio and 20 strenghth on some days and on others I run 2 miles and take an aerobics class for 60.

E~I usually eat about 1200 cals a day, high in protein and low in carbs in the evening.

D~My daily goals are simple~I can do it, keep on with it, housework.. .

I was hoping to maintain that 141 from new years day, oh well. Yesterday was stressfull. DH's grandmother had an electrical fire in her house (and she didn't call anyone in the family until 7am, the fire was at 2am.) There was an angel watching out for her and grandpa, the fire was in the kitchen (her bedroom is righ off of it) and the fire shorted out the light so she woke up and they wer able to get out and call 911 before the fire spread too far. I am still really shaken up.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, I posted (edited to say posted, not posed!!) on the old thread, be back tonight or tomorrow. It's back to work today!!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-04-2010 at 06:32 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #4  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jeni - Thanks for the new challenge.

I am in. I finished the last challenge with a net loss of 10 lbs. Not where I wanted to finish but given being sick and the holidays it could have been worse.

Week 1 - 157
(I will keep my same ticker from where I started back at the begining of November)

I am a 45 year old soon to be emtpy nester as our younger son graduates from college in May. I am a total yo-yo dieter and need to get back on track. My husband and the dog frequently act as my exercise buddies.

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 minutes of aerobic activity
E - 1200-1300 calories
D - focus on getting back into a routine with the boy's gone and the house back to normal

This is great way to stay motivated so come on and join this group.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #5  

Hey ladies! I'm back, computer still broken but it's a new year. For any new ladies my name is Emily, I'm 29 (30 on wednesday!), a working mother to two boys Connor (3) and Desmond (1 this month). To pile more onto my plate I'm starting my Masters program this month in Health Administration which should take about two years to complete. In our spare time we love music, hanging out as a family, camping and hiking. The last challenge I started at 163.0 and ended (gulp!) at 166.0 as of last tuesday thanks to the holidays and the many bad things that went into my mouth!

So I'm starting this challenge fresh and motivated - starting weight of 166.0

W - 64+ oz
E - definitely something I'm going to have to work on this year, for now walk everywhere I can and be brisk about it!
E - 24-29 points (Weight Watchers)
D - get organized for 2010!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi!!! Prodigal daughter back here, tail between the legs. I started thinking wonky and decided to try to go it alone awhile. Thinking maybe I was over committing myself. I know, to one thread, right? I have essentially been on a month long binge. Pretty much since about Thanksgiving.

I weighed 266 on New Year's Day and 264 this morning. So I'll start with the 264....minus six weeks...I'll say 250. I think the first five lbs or so will come off fast and I'll have to really work for the last few. But I don't want to over shoot a goal. Maybe I haven't succeeded in ANY of these challenges is because I set unrealistic goals. We'll see and re-evaluate if we need.

I am Michelle 33, will be 34 by the end of this challenge (feb 10th!) I've been married to Michael for TWELVE YEARS!!!! (We had our anniversary on Dec. 20th) and I'm mom to Robert (10) and Rachel who will be 6 on Feb 3rd.

I am a nurse by trade, currently not working, but am looking for a nursing job. I took some time off back in April to seek treatment for drug and alcohol dependency. I only mention that because a lot of how I view my weight loss comes from how I am recovering from other addictions and I totally see things differently in my life now. I attend 2-5 AA meetings per week and WOW I am not the only one whose brain is a little off.

I kind of count calories, figure at my size I can lose at 1800-2200 calories even. I just try to keep it fruits, veggies, lean proteins, Subway, salads, lots of water. I belong to a ladies gym but have to admit I haven't been there as much as I should.

Jeni, that fire sounds scary, but I am SO glad no one got hurt. Thank goodness!!!

I can't wait to catch back up with the rest of you all!!!! Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #7  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. Well I'm starting this challenge at 176.6. I've been losing extremely slow, so I'm gonna set my goal for 170 by Valentines day. I think 1 pound a week is definitely doable.

Well for any new people, my name is Kasey and I'll be 23 on Thursday. I just recently graduated from college with a B.S. in Psychology and a minor in Biology. I'm still trying to decided whether I want to be a zookeeper or a teacher. I was planning on getting a job as a teacher assistant at the school where my mom works, but they won't have a position for me until next school year. So currently I am jobless, but hoping to get a job as a zookeeper soon. I applied, so hopefully all my volunteering hours are enough. If I get this job it should help me decide on a career.

Well good luck everyone!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Quick intro- My name is Mindy. Have 2 kids, 24 and 21, an ex hubbie who lives with me (long story). I started losing 2 years ago in Jan. I have lost about 72 pounds. For the past severl months I haven't lost, I just go up and down. I am really trying to get below 175, closer to 170 would be awesome. I am tired of this plateau.

During TOM I went up to 182.2, not as bad as last month...but still. I was 179.8 today. Giving it my best shot. These pre-menopausal hormones are enought to drive a person batty.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #9  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hey everyone.. my name is Tiara. I live in the beautiful island of Oahu. I am 21 years old. I dont have any kids...lol this kinda sounds like a personal ad..lol
well i am a calorie counter i allow myself 1200 calories a day. it seems like a little but ive been at it awhile that i know i can survive on it. I got down to 239 during xmas then i binged and gained 15 pounds.. well this morning i weighed in at 251.2.. so i'll take that..My form of exercise is working out with my wii fit plus.. i really want to get the biggest loser one.. I personally love it i can exercise for an hour and a half and burn about 900cals ..

My friend and i made a bet, To see who could reach their target weight 1st. I am to lose 50 and my friend 30. winner gets the kitty a.k.a. cash..so now i need to lose 50 plus what i gained.. it feels great to be back 100 percent..

jeni... im sorry about the fire i hope there wasnt too much damage . Im glad everyone was alright. She really did have an angel... Your in my thoughts and prayers.

w 64++
e wii 1 hour
e 1200cals
d clean room/ fold clothes...
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone. Iam just writing a quickie right now. Its so good to see everyone. I'm still missing some of my gals though.

I'm exhausted right now and about to go to sleep. I need to get up early to get in a good workout, Tommy is still stuffy so I don't know If I will take him to the daycare room at the Y. Gotta run.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I’m back too!

I’m Kris, 38, newly married. 4 kids ( 20, 10, 8, 5). Gained a fantastic 6 lbs over the holidays. Got my extra large butt back to bootcamp tonight and laid on the floor wallowing in my own puddle of sweat like a fish outta water. They changed my class ours 6:30pm to 7:30pm…. Adding to my ability to deduce excuses for not wanting to go. But I vow to show up.

I love my WEEDer sistahs and can’t wait to see ALL OF US HERE win some success towards the health we deserve!

I hate exercise, I love carbs, I get to quit smoking again (Tiggie I already bought my patches and start tomorrow)! Who ever you are, you can do this. Just keep showing up in your life, your class, your healthy food choices. It will come.

Bless you Jen for forging ahead and getting up early to kick off our weekly, monthly, annual challenge threads. You are still my hero.

Mmavie ~ thank you for posing J

Pop – 10LBS! Holy cow! Nice work! Keep it up!

Nchellie – so good to see you. How are those kiddos?

Tiara, emiloots, zoo… hugs to you girls.
I gotta get a shower in and hope to catch up more as the week progresses! Stay focused!

Here’s my WEED plan for the upcoming week.
W- 64 + I slacked today but hit ½
E- Bootcamp 3 days, 2 extra days cardio
E- Eat 6 times, starchy carbs before noon, no dairy, no fruit.
D- Rockstar!

Be good!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. Just finished W7D1 of C25k, exercise is accomplished for the day. I had made plans to run with a friend on Tuesday & Thursday after work, but she told me yesterday that she can't run today. Not sure how that is going to work out, but either way, I got mine in, so I am OK with that. Would just like to find someone to exercise with part of the time, cause it gets SO DULL!!

Anywho!

W 100 oz, not great on this yesterday, got about 60
E Done, just some crunches and some pushups tonight while we watch TV (maybe hula hoop too)
E Plan
D Pray.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

MM~do you have an MP3 player? Mine made all the difference in the world.

Kris, I am so glad you made it to bootcamp.

Emily~Welcome back!

Zoochick~I'm glad to see you too. 1 pound a week is absolutely doable.

Tiara~I like my wii fit to and I am going to pull it out today and do some strength exercises (I hope).

Popcorn~That loss is awsome. Especially over the holidays. Congrats.

Michelle~ Welcome back. so glad you came back to us.

Mindy~So its the new year, do you think you may join a gym?

I am off to the gym. I think I am going to go twice today, depending on how Tommy feels later on. The scale said 140 today, I hope I can get it back down by friday. DH is on a roll, he lost 2 pounds last week. Gotta run!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #14  

Hey Ladies -

Quick WEED since I'm at work...

W - 64+
E - Walk, Walk, Walk
E - 24-29 pts
D - finish the trim in my kitchen before I start another painting project!

Hope everyone's having a great day - bought myself a monthly/weekly organizer for weight/eating only. I usually try and fit everything into my one organizer and it was just too overwhelming to look at! Set everything up, wrote in my weigh in days, goals etc so here we go!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Emily~Sounds like you are ready!

3.25 miles ran (35 minutes) 20 minutes weights, 10 minutes summit climber. Done! If I go back I will do 30 minutes on the elliptical, 15 on the row machine.

I forgot what the new years rush was like at the gym. It was so crazy starting at 530. (lukily I got there at 5)

gotta run

W 100oz
Edone
E1200 cals
D stick to my eating plan.