Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #1  
I will make it!

Talking Exercise, Diet & Supprt #2

Happy New Year Ladies...what a year we have planned for our wonderful transforming bodies. I am in on the challenge to lose 1-2 pounds per week...count me in!

I had a real nice time yesterday at my friend's house..there was a nasa astro physicist there...and a surgeon and tons of doctors and engineers...and they were all rocking out to this german heavy metal rock band...go figure...it was fun to see.

I ate too much but today is a new day....and a new year...what a great fresh start I have...I am going to make the most of it.

Well thats it for now...lots of hugs to everyone and I hope you find this thread

Cyan
Old 01-01-2003, 11:59 AM   #2  
I will make it!

Default Ahhh!

Sorry guys I did it again...another typo...oh well, at least this time I got exercise right .... Hope you don't mind support with no "o"

Cyan
Old 01-01-2003, 04:32 PM   #3  

Hi everyone

I found the new thread. Hope everyone follows.

Hey Cyan, any romantic connection at that New Years party? If so fill us in with details!

Last night we went to dinner and afterwards to a kid indoor amusement center that was having a party. This place had a huge
ball pit that kids could shoot nerf balls at you. My kids and husband shot me with hundreds of balls for about an hour! They say that whatever you do on New Year Eve is an indication on how the rest of the year is going to be. Well... I guess in 2003 I will be having a "ball"

Since today is Wednesday and our first weigh in is this Friday I am figuring out that new body fat scale today. I am scared to see the results of my body fat.

I also checked out the MSN chat. Does everyone have access?
Old 01-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #4  

oh I forgot --I read this in the Wall Street Journal on how to keep weight resolutions.

1.keep a food diary-- "It is hard to write down that snickers bar."

2. walk--"Just promise that once a day, you will walk out your door and keep walking for 10 minutes."

3. Change one meal--"focus on improving one meal a day instead of all three. If you consume a 500 calorie lunch change it with a 300 frozen Lean Cuisine to lose 20 pounds a year.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:01 PM   #5  

Wow..seems refreshing here in the new thread It's the new year, we have a new thread, and soon we'll have new bodies. yeahhh! Cyan, glad you had such a good time last nite. We just had a nice nite at home, played games with the kids, watched movies, etc. I enjoyed that tho. Debee, those are some good ideas you posted, especially about changing one meal at a time. 20 lbs in a year just from that sounds great. Oh, and I also have MSN. I hope everyone else does. Well, gotta run for now, but will be back shortly probably.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #6  
I will make it!

Angry Good Evening Ladies

Hope everyone had a good day and stayed on track. I ate 1575 cals and 44 grams of fat...not bad...I have these assorted chocolates and they are doing me in...I keep eating them but the box is not yet finished...help! I did power yoga for 20 minutes...very hard...my heart rate was up in the 160 range and later on in the evening I cycled for another 20 minutes at my heart target range...I did tell you guys I now have a heart monitor to help me get more out of my exercising...so now its tougher to keep my heart up...sweat sweat sweat and more sweat...I do hope I see results. Anyway, I burned off 286 cals or so...fitday doesnt have power yoga...its very different from hatha yoga which is more relaxing...oh well...so my grand total is
1289...I am going to try very hard to get my eating under control now that there are no more excuses ...like the holidays...I would like it very much to keep in the 1500's on the nights that I exercise and 1400 if I dont exercise...we'll see.

So girls, friday is the big weigh in and measurements and Oprah's letter...busy day...I send you all a big hug and thank you for being my health buddies and keeping me accountable and trying hard.

I have msn so let me know when you want to chat...you can add me to your buddy list... [email protected]

bye for now

Cyan
Old 01-01-2003, 10:31 PM   #7  

Default Happy New Year!!!!!

So Sorry!
First of all, I have to apologize for not posting earlier, my DSL was down since Monday night and I was so upset. I just go home about 30 minutes ago and just had to get online with you all.

I hope everyone had a great New Year

My family went to our friends house and have been there since. We just got home and I am exhausted.

I am glad to hear everyone had a safe and Happy New Year.

Also, after reading everyone's post, I am glad to hear that I was able to help everyone create a goal for themselves. I really want to hit my 50lb goal by June, so I means a great deal to me that you all are jumping on the Weight-Loss Bandwagon together. I want to thank each and every one of you for keeping me real through this life's change. You all hold a special place in my heart, and I can't wait to meet each and every one of you this year. I am sure that 1.34lbs will be great for each of us to try to achieve.

I am going to hit the shower, so I hope you all have a great evening, and let me know what you decided or for a chat night. I am so there with you all.

Take care,
Old 01-01-2003, 11:13 PM   #8  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Default [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]I'm Back Down to My pre- Holiday Weight! Yea![/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Hi Everyone!
I downloaded MSN Messenger, so I'm ready to chat as soon as we set a date and time. Cyan, you are now on my buddy list, but I can tell it's going to take me a bit to get used to who has which address. I couldn't find a way to apply nic names, does anyone know how? You can add me to your buddy list .. [email protected]. It will show up as Lady Rider.

I ran this morning, but couldn't talk myself into using the weights. Then I called to my brother in law in Washington to wish him a happy New Year. Well, we started talking about exercise, and by the time we hung up I was so psyched I went and did my weights and felt great. Good thing, too, 'cause hopefully it made up for that dish of ice cream I had later today.

It's late, got to get to bed. See you all tomorrow!

Lady
Old 01-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #9  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Default oops!

Hmm, couldn't get the coding to work on the subject .. sorry about that.

Happy New Year!

Lady
Old 01-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies. How is everyone's New Year so far? I'm glad I found the new post. I think I've seen everyone here except Taiwan. Did anyone put a post in the other thread to direct them here? I'll check it out.

Well, here's my story so far. My daughter has had a stomach flu for about 3 days now. Today she was supposed to go back to school but she is still sick. Since she is sick, I can't go to the gym because, of course, I can't bring a sick child into the nursery. Yesterday the gym was closed due to the holiday. So, that's two days of not working out. Yesterday was a New Year's gathering at a relative's house where I tried to be good, but slipped a little. Later on last night, my mother in law brought over some Yummy Picnic Cake with nuts and chocolate chips and brown sugar.....It's sitting on my kitchen counter RIGHT NOW!!!!! Anyway, for about a week and a half, I haven't been taking my Thyroid medication so of course I've really been gaining. I had lost the meds on my trip to Branson and so I got it refilled when I got home from Florida but my dog got a hold of it and well.....those were gone. So I had to get it re-filled once again. The pharmacy probably thinks I'm dealing Synthroid to the neighborhood. So...to sum it all up, I'm very afraid to give my results tomorrow.....but I know you will all be supportive and get me back on track.

I guess I need to find and download MSN messenger. I think I already have it. I will figure it out.

Lady Rider, I downloaded Weight Commander. It's really fun! I think I will purchase it.

Reina Mia, thanks for the great goal starter! We can do this together. I also feel very close to all of the girls here. It's fun to have friends working together toward a common goal and supporting each other. Now, we really have to make some progress so we'll have something to boast about in Chicago!

Debee, I have a body fat scale too. It was scary to me at first too. Just remember, you have to be NAKED and you should do it at the same time everyday.

cyan, you are the exercise and calorie counting queen! I wish we all lived near each other so we could workout together.

Well, that's all for now. I'm excited about a new year and a new me!
Lisa
Old 01-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #11  

Ok Ladies, I have set myself up to use the MSN for Chatting with you all. I am usually online all day, so if you are craving that Snickers bar and need a virtual kick, just drop me a note.

You can add me to your buddy list, but typing in [email protected]. It should show up as reina_mia.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Lisa, Sorry to hear your daughter has the stomach flu, I was battling that this weekend, and it wasn't pretty. Just hang in there and let's give Oprah something to talk about!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:59 PM   #12  
I will make it!

Angry Good Afternoon Ladies

It is so cold here in Montreal today, but I will venture out...I'm still on holiday...will be until jan 13th...my company is in the process of moving to a bigger location...so we'll see what happens..until then I am a woman of leisure.

I have to confess...last night I was doing so well with the calories and then at around 10pm I broke down and ate swedish crackers with cream cheese and yes, 4 more pieces of chocolate...I was so upset with myself...I have to get rid of those darn chocolates...they will be the end of me....thank goodness they are almost finished...the box. So by the end of last night I had consumed 1994 cals and 64 grams of fat

I hope today goes better for me...like I have said earlier in my posts...I do well with the exercising but it is the binging that I have problems controlling...but I will not give up and I will keep trying until I manage to get a firm hold of this binging.

Lisa sluggish thyroids can make it very hard to lose weight so be extra proud of yourself for doing it and I am glad you are taking your synthroid again...not taking it makes you feel more tired too. And go ahead and post, we are here to support you and cheer you on...so dont be afraid to do it, it will keep you honest to yourself...you need us most when you are gaining...we will put you back on track...on the losing track

Lady what an inspiration...you ran and you weight trained...reading your post gives me my resolve to do the same and exercise too...so thank you for being here with us.

Reina, glad to hear that you had a wonderful New Year's. And thanks for the 1.3 pounds per week challenge...I think it is a good next step to crystalize our weight loss plan and define it a little more.

Miki ...how are you doing? Is that AirWalker working for you...let us know what you have been doing.

Debee Did you get your scale?

Taiwan...looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Girls have a great exercise and food day. Lets be strong

Cyan
Old 01-02-2003, 01:44 PM   #13  

Hey girlfriends-- I have another challenge for all of us! Let's all try to not eat anything after 8p.m. Who is in with me?

I set up my scale last night and took my measurements. I will unveil the results on Friday.

I just finished cleaning out the cupboards and throwing out potato chips, christmas cookies, and the other junk food that calls my name! I binge when the stuff is in the house and I figured if I don't have it here I won't binge.Here are some of the healthy snacks and foods I replaced everything with--

1. For salty c ravings

pretzels
pickles

2. crunchy cravings

rye crisp bread
popcorn
pita bread toasts with salsa
chex mix

3. creamy cravings

carrot sticks with creamy low fat dressing
cottage cheese with salsa or pineapple
hummus

4. Sweets

Special K with dried strawberries
chocolate slim fast slush
lollipops
jelly belly flavored jelly beans
chocolate covered banana, stawberries

5. Drinks

diet green ice tea
flavored seltzer water
lemon water
coffee
skim milk

Does anyone have any other low-fat low calorie food favorites to add to my list?
Old 01-02-2003, 03:14 PM   #14  

Here is my e-mail for the buddy list--debee424@hotmail
Old 01-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #15  

hello everyone,
Well, it seems like everyone is ready and in gear.

Lady, you give me great strength to go home and hit that elliptical glider and taebo!

Debee, I will attempt to try your challenge for today and tomorrow, but I can't guarantee anything, my cravings hit about 10 and I usually chomp on some dry cereal to get rid of it. But I will TRY! I also love your replacement foods. I have to go home and do that. I have tons of food left over from the holidays in my freezer, I have 2 pies and a cake in my fridge, so Lisa, I totally can understand the picnic cake situation.

Cyan, Chocolates are as bad as McDonalds. I am surrounded with them here at work still, all I smell is chocolate. So kick it up a notch and give them to a neighbor or something. I have to seriously get them out of my view, otherwise I will be all over it!

I am going home today and working out for a while, then eat a veggie sandwich. Lisa, I will check out that bread you were talking about.

Talk to you all later,
Closed Thread