Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Question I want a exercise bike routine!!!!

im on a budget and cant afford fancy gyms i often go for a swim when i can. I have a good exercise bike that also works ya arms ......my problem is it always ends up being used as a clothes horse.
My new years resoluyion is to make an effort to use it.....as after all ......it can only benifit me .
However im always confused as to what is a good routine , i dont wana do to much and get board and dont wana do to little as i want to start seeing results ...I WANT THIS FAT OFF.
is 20mins a reasonable time say 4-6 times per week ....or should i be pushing for longer. Im looking to see results by valentines day as im going away i know i wont get stones off but 7lbs and maybe a lil bit trimmer would be great
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

20 minutes of exercise is a very reasonable time to start...

If you want to burn lots of calories try doing HIIT -- High Intensity Interval Training... It's quick but not easy ... Here is a great site explaining how it works.... It can be done with biking, running, walking any type of exercise really....

Good Luck!!

P.S.: Just make sure that your eating plan is very clean, by this I mean that it should be as unprocessed as possible.... The food in your diet is 80% of the equation to successful weightloss....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #3  

I agree HIIT or intervals give you a great calorie burn in a shorter amount of time. I also use Cardio Coach programs with my bike CC program 2 is about 32 min. long.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #4  
Amazing will be me

I am wanting to start exercising on my exercise bike , im very interested in this HIIT what would be a good place to start? x
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote