South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Thermal-Bottomed Thursday

Good morning, everyone! Never thought you'd see me up this early, huh? To be honest, I'm not happy about it. This is the second night in a row that I've woken up and not been able to fall back asleep. I really don't understand it since I've cut out all but the bitty bit of caffeine in some of the hot tea I drink. (I buy decaf but still have some caffeinated in the cupboard, so I've been finishing that off.) I just don't get it considering I was averaging two cups of coffee and one regular soda a day prior to Jan. 1.

We've got a nice cold blast sweeping in this morning. We were in the high 60's yesterday and today's high is supposed to be 32. I hate those sharp transitions! We have a little moisture predicted, but hopefully not much and it's supposed to get into the low teens tonight. I know some of our Northerners would call that a warm front, but this little Texas girl is freezing her ninnies off!! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Well, I'm off to cruise the web until I decide if I'm going to stay awake and just get on with my day or try to tuck in for another few hours of sleep.

Stay warm today!! It's out there!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-07-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for getting us up and running this morning, Kim, and I hope you're snoozing away right now. Bundle up warm today, but what I wouldn't give for temps in the 60s right now!

Since Kim didn't put on the coffee, I have some good, strong expresso for those who need it. I've been enjoying my cappuccinos every morning. What a great way to start the day!

It's Friday for me, and I have most of the morning off since I'll be working until 8 tonight. The girls have gymnastics from 6 -7. I used to wait for them in my car, but now it's way too dark and cold, so I've been going inside where it's so loud and chaotic that it gives me a headache. Oh, well, I deal with it. They started guitar lessons yesterday, and that was really fun. I'll probably be learning how to play along with them, since I'm right there, so that works out well.

So what's going on your part of the world today?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-07-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Kim!
I'm sorry you weren't able to sleep, but I am really glad you started the thread - I LOVE the title!
I hope you warm up soon!

Good morning Ruth - and thank you.

Good morning Cottage
Guitar lessons sound like fun - the gymnastics not so much fun. We live way out of town so I used to wait around when my kids had basketball and floor hockey practices when they were young. I remember another parent joking about the need for a soundproof booth for parents. Thanks for the expresso, and enjoy your morning!

It's windy here this morning, the howling woke me before the alarm clock did. I think we're probably still warmer than usual for January though, 22 outside right now and the sun's not up yet. I'm hoping the wind lets up a little by this afternoon though. I've got a friend who's going to try out her daughter's snowshoes with me after school today. I'm afraid she'll back out if the wind is whipping the snow around!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cute title, Kim. I hope you snuggled back in and went to sleep. Thanks for cranking us up with a giggle.

Heidi, is that a minus in front of your temperature? We are at a balmy 13ºF here this morning. I'm sitting here sipping water, leafing through seed catalogues and dreaming of spring.

Cottage, earplugs may mute the sound a bit. Just keep thinking that tomorrow is OFF!

I am really missing my coffee this morning - a glass of warmish water just doesn't cut it but I have to get bloodwork done this morning. I sure wish the clinic opened before 8:30. My doc nabbed me when I was doing pet therapy yesterday and TOLD me I was overdue. It's nice to know he cares but I want coffee!

Later today I may go to town for odds and sods or just goof off and work on a quilt.

See y'all later if I survive the blood-letting!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Hi, Kim. Thanks for getting us started, but sorry you weren't able to sleep. I've cut down on my caffeine and yesterday couldn't get a thing done. I hope this passes quickly for you. We have alot of sharp transitions in the weather here, too. Great if it's getting warmer, but the cold isn't my fav. Hope your day improves!

Hi Cottage, happy "Friday" to you. Guitar lessons sound fun!

Heidi, have a great day and I hope your friend sticks to the shoeshoing plan.

Hello, Ruth. I'm sorry the coffee isn't flowing. I've cut down on purpose, so I'm missing my fix along with you today. I hope your appt goes smoothly so you can be back home soon, with dogs, coffee and your quilting.

Me, hoping for a better day today. I absolutely had no get up and go yesterday. I did get my exercise, walk and OP food in, but not much else. I'm trying to remember that it's ok to be a sluggo once in a while, but I felt super guilty. I'm going to try to get my chores done this morning so I'll have that under my belt, at least. I hope this passes. On that note, I'm going to go work in the office for an hour. I'll probably pop back in, too.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, just think how good that coffee is going to taste when you finally get to have a cup. Funny, Cindy got a seed catalogue in the mail yesterday, and I swiped it to bring home. Jake and I have been pouring over it and dreaming of spring, too!

Heidi, , your weather sounds brutal! Snowshoeing sounds like so much fun! I bet it really gives your legs a workout. How far do you walk?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I love the thread title!

I am very disappointed today. Classes at the gym have been canceled and I was going to try yoga for the second time. And what makes it even worse is that DH and DS (home from college) were going to join me! (Never thought I'd see my husband take a group class let alone see my son willingly exercise.) Drat this snow and cold.

The positive it that they announced the school cancellation yesterday afternoon so my teen was quite happy.

Hope you all have great days and keep warm. Brr.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Actually I'm done with coffee but I'm sure there will be more. I was awake at 4:30.

Kim - Hope you got back to bed and got more rest! Makes for a long day when you're up that early.

Cottage - Happy Friday I hated the money but loved the 4 day weeks.
I've been having garden conversations with friends too. Seems to be what we do this time of year

Heidi - that's crazy cold. You're a brave woman thinking about snow shoeing in that!

Ruth - So sorry about the coffee! Some goofing off sounds like a very good idea

Debbie - Some days are like that (sometimes I have whole weeks like that when just getting 30 minutes of exercise feels like a huge chore). Maybe you really need a goof off day? Or a pampering day? Hmm, that sounds even better

Waisting - Nice of the school to decide that early. Seems like we are always huddling around the TV at 6 am and everyone is already awake. Sleeping in is better

I've got 2 WFH days planned. Today I have a 3 hour meeting I decided to attend via phone. I don't like doing that but I'm pretty tired of the constant bickering and indecision of the committee and the drive would aggravate my already cranky back so this is a better choice. Then this afternoon I'm going snow shoeing Tomorrow is treadmill repair dude day, so will do my mailing and database from home and wait for said dude.

I resisted the offer of yummy snacks at the bar last night and waited for home to eat. It was good to decompress with coworkers. Turns out I'm not the only one waking up at 4 just so I can lie in bed and dread going to work. What a mess. Still it's good to know it's not just me. Tonight I'm going out with my former coworkers and DW might do the Open Mic so that will be fun.

I am 100% sticking to the plan I created and it's paying off. I am resisting the scale even though I really want to know how I'm doing. I feel pretty good and my skin is happier. I find the less crap I eat the more it effects me when I have some. Need to engrave that somewhere so I see it next time I'm tempted.

Hope you are somewhere warm and cozy today. Sounds like that's indoors for most of us.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning from Canada! No, I'm still in Alabama, it just feels like Canada!

Kim, I hate not sleeping, too! Tylenol PM is my friend sometimes.

Cottage, So far, Auston only has played t-ball. Can't imagine all that noise in a closed room. Yikes!

Heidi, Snow shoeing sounds cold! Have fun!

Ruth, Maybe you can carry a nice mug of coffee to the doctor with you.

Debbie, I am a slug every day when it's this cold. It's hard to be busy when I'm wrapped up in a blanket.

WaistingTime, My DH took one Jazzercise class with me. After class he said, "That can be YOUR hobby!"

Cyndi, Hooray for staying on plan!

Me: Auston woke me up at 6:15 this morning ready to build a snowman. The problem is that it's not snowing yet! It's cold and dry so far. The snow is supposed to start before noon. After the snow, we get the Arctic Blast. brrr!!!

I may put on a pot of broccoli cheese soup. Sounds like a great lunch on a snow day.

Everyone stay warm today!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

Kim, feel better!

Cottage, thanks for the coffee. It's nom, nom, nom!

Heidi, stay warm!

Ruth, I am so jealous of people who can quilt! I'd love during and after pics!!

Debbie, I think it's good AND bad to feel guilty -- it can motivate but sometimes it paralizes. Here's to a non-sluggish day (says the kettle )

Waisting, do you have a video or something (Wii?) you can all do together? It seems like too good an opportunity to pass up!

Cyndi, you mean indecisions get not-made at work? Good for you for resisting bad stuffs too

Chelby, that is too cute. I'd be annoyed but that's why Iz got no kidz!

Me: I am not a happy camper today. My bum knee, that predicts the weather, knows snow (albeit only 2 inches) is in the forecast. I am sad that I didn't go to the gym last night with DW. But I DID get back to the dentist and can now officially bite down. My jaw is still sore but that will go away (not being able to bite down properly and 7 shots of Novocain I guess do that to a person. Who knew???). And work shenanigans are getting me down.

Hope you all have a great day though! I hope I get there too
Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #11  

Jenn, Did you find a job? Last I heard, you were still looking...
Old 01-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

YES! Sorry I thought I updated everyone.

On September 9th (8 months to the day and on my wedding anniversary) I started working with another advocacy organization in DC proper. So DW has the car and I walk/Metro/walk to work. I am not doing the lobbying work I've been doing for 10 years but I was a bit burned out anyway. I still do a little advocating, just not directly in the halls of Congress. And the org supports children which is a good thing too (so we're the "good" guys!). I had to take a steep pay cut BUT it was a pay increase of immense proportions considering what the state of Virginia was paying me!

It was a hike in title though so it all evens out. Especially since DW no longer has to pay for my insurance (since we can't be legally wed, we get double taxed on insurance benefits, though we're lucky her office even offered them!).

Last edited by jenne1017; 01-07-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry I was kwabby this morning. I'm back from Nurse Dracula who got her 9 (!) vials of blood on the second stab.

Bob's Diner has re-opened after the Christmas break and I was sorely tempted to go in there for eggs Benedict but resisted. Coffee and a toasted ww English muffin with cream cheese and sf jam sure fixed me up fine at home.

I am definitely staying home today although I will go to the Library later to pick up my Book Club books to distribute.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #14  

Jenn, I work for a Child Advocacy Center, too. Our mission is to prevent child abuse, help victims and strengthen families. It's a cool job, and nice being one of the good guys.

Ruth, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Last edited by Chelby29; 01-07-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Jenne - congrats on the job! sounds interesting.

Chelby - we're waiting for the snow too! I have to remember to cover my outdoor plants tonight! Remember to post pics of his little snowman

Cyndi - have fun tonight! If you ever get around the Louisiana area, my DH runs an open mic. We are always looking for new talent

WT- nice of the school to announce the closures early! Too bad about the gym, if you get FIT TV, they often have yoga...i feel silly in my living room, but the thought is the same

Lexxiss - I do think we all feel like sluggos once in awhile, it will turn around. Hang in there!

Ruth - good luck with the blood work Whatever you do today, sounds like it will be enjoyable.

Cottage - that reminds me of DS1's karate lessons...too many kids, too many screams...it is tough to sit through and remain sane.

Kim - maybe it is your body detoxing from the caffeine prior to Jan.1? Hope you have a better sleep tonight

-
More of the same today for me. Decluttering the house and getting ready for DS2's first birthday party on Saturday. I am making a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" cake. Bought everything I needed for it yesterday and am excited to start making it. I hope it turns out just half as cute as the one in my head is We're having brunch at the party, and I have to go get some groceries for that at some point too.

I'm making breakfast casserole this morning with turkey bacon instead of ground beef and turkey sausage, eggs, peppers, onions, and spinach. It should be tasty!
Closed Thread