Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default Wii Fit Plus question

I got a Wii for Christmas. I want to get the Wii Fit Plus combo with the board but have a concern. I have heard that it gives your weight. Is there anyway to set it to not announce your weight? I would be using it in the family room and really only want it to tell me my weight when I choose.

I also want to encourage my son (grown) to use it and I don't think that he wants me to know how much he weighs either.

Thanks!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

not sure about that, but you can password protect that portion so it is not available to everyone that uses it.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

It will show your weight on the screen but it won't announce it out loud. I just made my husband leave the room when I set mine up. It doesn't show your weight everytime you step on it to workout though, just to set up your profile. Good luck and enjoy!
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #4  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not sure if Plus does the weigh in like the original. If so it doesn't normally show your weight unless you click on it to. The weigh in gives you a BMI number. You should be able to skip the weigh in all together if you want.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you, this really helps!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I thought the exact same thing. Mine is password protected and I never do a body test when my husband is near. I can't wait for the day when I don't mind him knowing what I weigh.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #7  

I have the Wii Fit Plus. It will show your BMI when you do the daily check in, but it will not show your weight unless you click on a button after the test. You can also skip this without impacting anything, if you want to do it less often or when no one's around.

I will say I don't think it is a great workout in terms of cardio. Good stretching/yoga, muscle stuff, and it's the games are fun and slightly physical (or in the case of hula hoop or cycling very intense).

But overall I got EA Sports Active More Workouts and it is far superior to work up a sweat. If you are looking to replace the gym for a day (which I wouldn't ever choose to do with a video game) I would do EA Sports Active. If you are looking for something that is fun and gets you going a bit on days you work out instead of vegging out in front of the TV, Wii Fit is better.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote