Old 01-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back in Kindergarten #86

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-05-2010 at 12:16 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #2  
One day at a time

HIYA ALL...saw that we were at 100 posts so started a new thread. Now to go back and catch up! Back in a few
Old 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Omg..I dont think my lunch is settling right. I feel sooooo sick to my stomach right now. Ughhhh

LOL..nice way to start off a new thread. haha!!

btw..I fixed my comments.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 01-05-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Hello all...

Sorry I have been MIA...not myself lately. Not been myself since my dad's death. I'm really having a hard time dealing with it, not sure how to cope. Without giving details and such I will just say he was murdered and the thought of him dying the way he did is just killing me, can't get it out of my head. And, I have to talk to a lawyer and have been putting that off, so dreading it but going to do it today for sure-don't want to but I have to.

FRANCIE...let me know how you like the Jenny McCarthy Your Shape...I keep seeing the commercials for it and it looks like something I would like, I think, lol. I don't have a Wii but son does in his room and he said I could use it so...DON'T get discouraged over the weight right now. It's so freaking hard I know and I think we always want the results like NOW! That's why I can't weigh every day, it kills me when I know I've done well and don't see it on the scale.

SUSAN...taxes already eh? Yikes! I don't want to think about them, but them we have had to pay the last two years so. Guess I would do them early as well. For some reason I don't care for that Dr Oz so don't watch.

SUE...San Diego sounds so nice right now! It is freezing cold here as well, not 10 but almost as cold. Thursday our high is supposed to be 10! Glad the card party was fun.

JULES...that is too sweet about Dominic..can't wait until Lily starts talking. I told Charlotte her first word is gonna be Nana, lol. Hope the BD party was fun! Hugs to you and your momma

Well, my plan for losing the pounds this time is basically the same, just getting on track. But I am journaling...writing everything down, what I eat (sort of doing WW but not 100%) exercise, etc. So WI Monday and I am as well...up to 196.8 but honestly, I thought it was gonna be worse. I had my pigout day Sunday because I knew come Monday it was over! So went to the mall yesterday and today to walk...daughter has an ipod Nano and it has a pedometer on it so now it keeps track of the time and such for us. Might have to trade up for one of those.

Back to watching Lily, well not today, Charlotte is home. But Josh had from Christmas Eve home from work so he watched her. I've missed my little butterball.

Hoping to keep track every day here...that's a part of the plan as well, always helped me in the past.

Have a good day everyone...try to stay warm!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Cristina - I am sorry it is a difficult time for you. A death of a loved one is hard enough but a violent one would be so sad. Please know we are here for you And thanks for the new thread
Dr Oz is odd, not sure about that guy.

I was looking at prices for Hawaii, I could go in mid April for $518 round trip, not bad. I really want to go but it seems selfish to spend $$ that way. What do you think???

anyway, off to work we go......all my personalities and me. lol

Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #6  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~ I'm so sorry. That is very awful, and extremely sad!! We are here for you!!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:24 AM   #7  
One day at a time

Thank you ladies

Here it is another night of no sleep I think. Was getting ready to go to bed and the hubby came upstairs with bad/sad news...geez...I've had enough already-seriously! This year was supposed to be a good one but it's not starting so good. Hubby's niece lost her husband today. He passed out at work...they think he had a massive heart attack...doing atopsy so won't know for sure for a few days I guess. So freaking sad...they have just been married a little over a year and today well, yesterday (it's after midnight) was her birthday. He was just 33 or 34, just can't believe this. I think God can quit giving us so much too handle, seriously I don't know how much more I can handle...I've had enough to last 2 lifetimes!

Anyway, such a ray of sunshine I am...on a brighter note I get to see my little Lily today!

I did get some exercise in...walk at the mall and some weights. Eating was, well, I wanna say on target but honestly I don't think I ate enough. But I don't feel hungry. I know I HAVE to eat to lose weight, just how my body is.

Okay, better get and try to get some sleep, 6 a.m. comes fast!

Nighty, night all
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #8  
RosieKate

Cristina - so sorry about all the losses lately - It is so hard to remember that we are not given what we can't handle. You are such a strong person - and we are always here with hugs for you ((((C)))))

Well - scale down to 175..headed in the right direction but i am having a hard time with carb cravings. will be really cracking down today. I've started weighing food, something I haven't done before. It is very helpful for portion control, I have to say. I used to measure, but it is easy ot use them as scoops and less for measuring :guilty:

Resolution 5k is Saturday. It is on "fast grass" which means mostly flat grass---also means MUD! My running buddy and I are running on grass this morning to get used to it, if that is even possible. Wish me luck!

Last edited by RosieKate; 01-06-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Katy- Lucky you...Mine was down to 176.4 yesterday...so by Monday maybe I will get a pound or two. I go up and down before I settle....lol.
I haven't done much exercising, I admit, just a little walking indoors. Just need to do it. Food was pretty good for a couple days. Yesterday I got so hungry waiting for mom at the hospital...I came home and ate what I shouldn't. But I am right back!

Mom had a 1:30 appt. with the Cancer Center. We planned to eat afterward, so just had a light breakfast. We didn't get home until 5:30. Ugh... Didn't stop and eat "lunch" since it was almost dinner time. Fun, fun.

Now off to the store before the big snow hits.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~That's so sad. I hope bad news just stops for everyone for awhile. Btw..I took the Jenny game back to the store. I hated it. You see YOURSELF on camera..and I cant stand looking at myself while I'm working out. Plus you know, the camera adds 10 pounds and all that junk. So ya..I returned it..and bought Fonzo a controller for himself.

I havent worked out since monday. 1-My ankle flared up and is killing me big time. And 2-I've been so bummed out cuz of what happened on monday night. Which is something I really dont want to talk about. So ya..that's about it I guess. Oh ya..I made spice cake last night, lol. Everytime I walked in the kitchen, I would see the box just sitting there in the cupboard. So I went and made it to make myself feel better. It tastes really good actually. I've never had spice cake before.

I hope I finish reading The Flat Belly Diet by the time we get paid next. Cuz what I have going on for me now isnt working at all!!! I need more motivation than this. And I know I really wanna try that diet out!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Hiya all...

KATY...lots of luck and fun for Sat! And WTG on being at 175! And thank you for the hugs!

SUE...hoping all is well, scared me when I read Cancer Center!

FRANCIE...hugs to you! And thanks for the heads up on the Jenny thing...I don't like looking at myself either. Mmmm, spice cake sounds so good right now.

Hi Jules, Susan, Kathy, Shel, Mindee

Not much going on with me. Today was a VERY lazy day. I couldn't sleep so of course I was dragging and every time Lily took a nap I did too! Going to have to find something to help me sleep for a while, can't take this tossing and turning and staying up until the wee hours of the morn.

Eating was right on but the only exercise I got today was a little bit of weights. Main reason I am doing those is because since I quit doing them my arm has been bothering me so starting over with that...getting old is a biotch for sure!

Hope everyone had a good day and is staying warm!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

I am going home after working this morning. Just wanted to say hello

Cristina - Thank goodness for Lily, she'll be your little blessing.

Katy - Glad to hear the scale is heading in the right direction and have fun in the race this Saturday

Francie - hope the ankle feels better

Sue -

k- that is it, I am pooped. chat more tomorrow.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

I read the posts from the last thread and can honestly say my brain would not hold all the info since my last post so I am starting fresh....

SuzyQ-cheddar horseradish chips are bbbbaaaadddd. Hawaii sounds great anytime. Teri and Geneva's friend is there with her husband who is the service. SHe invited them over, all they have to pay for is the plane tickets, they are just not sure how a 2 year old Dominic and a 1 year old Mela will take the plane ride across the continental states and then the Pacfic Ocean.

Cristina--so sorry about all your losses, especially your Dad. Actually the first word is usually Dad Dad, Teri and I were nothing for awhile. I was Oooma for awhile but now I am Mimi. Grandkids make your world don't they, Dominic can brighten up my darkest day in an instant.

Franice--don't et too discouraged, stress eating is my baddest habit. I gotta get that pathway in my brain switched to stress exercising as my new habit.

Sue-How is your Mom? I took a vactaion day to go down and work on Mom's house. SHe has way to much stuff for the spaace. I am going to try to put some of the organization tips I have learned on the HGTV channels to use.

Katy--so great about the right direction and the 5K. I never did get the C25k loaded...Teri lost the cheap mp3 player I bought but bought me an Ipod Nano. I am going to go over her house when things get settled down with Mom and download some of the songs she already has on the computer and the c25k program.

I never thought I would say it, but I am so thankful for my Dad. My brother had a really bad day with Mom yesterday and almost broke down. i went down with her after work yesterday so he could get out some and I called my Dad and he called my brother yesterday and went down and spent the afternoon with her today. She's getting so weak we don't want to leave her alone cause she's so stubborn she tries to do too much.

well, I am really tired so I am going to get off of here...

Quick Hi to Kathy who I miss and hugs to Mindee.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hola Chickaritas!

Well this is my last night on NIGHT SHIFT!! Its been 3 1/2 years since I have been on day shift, so shall be very interesting on Monday!! I will be like, "What is that big shiny thing in the sky???" lmao

The 3rd shift guys bought us a cake saying "Good Luck on Day Shift" and yesterday a guy bought us two mini cheese-cakes! Wow its like are ya tryin' to "fattenin'" us up?? lol. But its appreciated. Also starting Monday my bff and I (who I also work with and is moving to days with me) are going to start our new plan to be healthy! So no pop or junk food -- how am I supposed to survive??!!! lol.

Cristina -- BIG SUPER BIG GIANTIC to you!!! I don't even have any other words to say..........but I'm so so sorry!!!

Jules -- BIG to you as well. I can understand kind of in the same situation with my father-in-law, he went back to the hospital tonight. He just now got into the ER, so no more news yet, but he is very very weak. DH had to help him out of his car because he could not do it himself.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

Man..what a waste of a day, lol. Fonzo came home early and went back to bed, lol. Then we woke up at 4pm..and all we did was watch the rest of season 5 of The Office, LOL!!! We finished at 11:30 and went on this crazy misson of finding season 6. Most of the eispodes were gone from NBC & Hulu. I found a clip from one of the episodes on youtube, and bawled my eyes out (wont say what in case some of you havent seen it and plan on seeing it)..but we finally found them on this one website!! Yay!! We watched the first episode, and will be saving the rest for later today. I want to watch more..but Fonzo went to bed, so I gotta wait, lol. We're total Office geeks...LOL!! We're gonna watch the british (and original) version when the american version is done for the season. Like I said we're geeks, LOL!!

Cristina~I hope you can get some sleep.

Susan~Funny story...Fonzo bought these bath type salts that are supposed to ease sore muscles. He got it because of my ankle, so his heart was in the right place. Anyways..while we were waiting in checkout line, he looked down at the bag..and it said that its also good for unclogging the toilet, constipation, and for plant food. We could not stop laughing!!! LOL!! So funny!!

Jules~I need to train my brain to stop stress eating too. Well actually, its emotional eating. I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, etc..lol. I got so angry at Fonzo the other day, I threw a chocolate bar at his head, then when he walked away, I picked it up and ate it in the other room..haha!!

Sassy~That big shiny thing in the sky is called...The Sun. And during the day, the sky is blue. Amazing huh? LOL!! Whenever we go out during the day..we're always like.."why is it so bright??" We're just always going out at night, lol. We're such night owls its not even funny. And mostly cuz the sun has been going down at 5pm..and we like to go out around 6pm, lol.

OKay..gonna go watch that clip from The Office and cry some more because it's so funny/sweet.