Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #1  
Jamie

S/C/G: 200.8/195.6/139.0

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hi. I'm new.

CROSS POSTED FROM INTRODUCTIONS/CHICKS IN CONTROL FORUMS

Hi, my name is Jamie.

I am a 26 year old, married mother of one. I just started the SlimFast diet this past Sunday to lose some baby and post-partum depression weight.

I am absolutely a yo-yo dieter and a compulsive/binge eater, so weight has ALWAYS been an issue for me. I actually didn't gain a whole lot of weight while pregnant. Unfortunately, while trying to get pregnant, I had the "I'm going to get fat anyway" attitude, and I packed on a lot of lbs. I lost 30 lbs the first two weeks after my son was born, but then packed on that weight plus more when the PPD came on. I am now the absolute heaviest I've ever been in my life. I weigh more now than I did while pregnant.

I am finally feeling in control of my depression so I am hoping, like always, to ditch my bad eating habits for good, get this weight off and keep it off.

My initial goal is to get out of the "obese" BMI range and into "overweight." My long-term goal is to get smack-dab in the middle of the "healthy" range, which for me is 135 lbs. I'd like to do this over the next year.

Like I said, I follow SlimFast, but I also enter my food into FitDay. I am eating 1500-1600 calories right now. I also have some new exercise DVDs on the way. I have some binge eating books that I need to get back out and read again, too.

I am going to reward myself for meeting my monthly goal of 5-8 lbs per month with a new head-to-toe outfit a month. Nothing motivates a girl more than new clothes, right?

I look forward to finding some motivation buddies and some binge eating support. I'm sure it will be a pleasure to get to know you all!
JLS39311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Jamie

Nice to meet you. Sounds like you have a good plan in place.
Slim Fast just recently had a recall, you might want to check this out http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...0-million-cans

Hope to see you on the Monthly thread

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #3  
Jamie

S/C/G: 200.8/195.6/139.0

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the tip on the recall. Thankfully, I drink the powdered mix, not the pre-mixed shakes.
JLS39311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 18.5lb/18.5lb/12st

Height: 5'3

hi jamie
im glad to hear your positive thoughts , i also suffer from depression and binge eating so i no how hard it is good luck xx
kerrie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #5  
I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 265/250/120

Height: 5'3"

It's nice to meet you Jamie.

I'd forgotten all about Slimfast so I might look into that myself. And I like your idea of rewarding yourself for meeting your goals each month.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!
Ophelia31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #6  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey! I recognize your username. I saw your had commented on my blog but I still don't know how to work the thing! Can you add "friends" or anything on it? I didn't know how to find yours to comment back until I saw the link under your username. I am a blog newbie! Haha.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote