Old 01-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default So. Hungry.-Just a Rant

Today for some reason, I was SOOO HUNGRY by dinnertime.
Normally, I'm fine; I have my three meals, my two snacks-and i make it to dinner. Today was not that kind of day. I was actually dizzy on my way home, thinking about dinner and drooling!!! Aaarrrrrrggggggg!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #2  
Write It Before I Bite It

S/C/G: 212/166/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Amen!

I've been good the last few days but today it sure was hard not to open up the pantry and reach for something crunchy. Maybe it's the weather? Hopefully things will even out soon!
MotherMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I've had plenty of days like this. In fact, I calorie count and I have no calories left, which is unusual because I typically have plenty of calories to play with during the evenings (my most munch time of the day). All I can suggest is that you drink hot herbal tea, chew gum, crochet or do something crafty with your hands, keep busy, call a friend, visualize success. I once heard Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) say that it is exactly at those times when we want to eat the most that our bodies are actually losing weight and if we can power through those times, the results will be that much better. I don't know if that's true, but it can only help to think like that. Hope you feel better soon. Remember, tomorrow is another day and you'll get to eat breakfast!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

ughhhh this is totally how I felt today. I came home and ate yogurt, a couple popchips, etc so I decided ok... I will have a smaller dinner to make up for the snack attack I had. I still think I did ok, but eating a small breakfast and lunch sure made it hard to wait for dinner. I am very cranky when I don't eat !
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

If you're hungry, eat. Keep some "emergency" foods on hand. Fresh veggies will fill you up and not create an unforgivable calorie balance. Then, when you wake up in the morning, you won't be famished. If the veggies don't sound "good" then maybe it's emotional hunger/boredom, etc.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

I just watched Dr. Oz on the Joy Behar show and he said to eat one slice of whole wheat bread with olive oil on it 30 minutes before dinner....he said to do it for 2 weeks and will stop hunger pangs...dunno if it works but I'm going to try it.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Mmm, bread and olive oil! That sounds good.
I'm fine this morning; it must have just been "one of those things". Usually I drink a large glass of water before my meals to help fill me up, but again, nothing I did yesterday worked. This morning I had my usual breakfast-a ok! Bodies are so weird.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I have learned that sometimes I'm more hungry (paying attention to whether I'm really hungry, or really something else), and sometimes ... I get a certain kind of hunger that doesn't go away even with two large meals back to back (I haven't tested *three*). The second kind, eating more isn't going to help, so I don't bother much. It's kinda weird. Sometimes I'm better at telling the difference than others.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #9  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

When I just want to munch, I either try to reach for veggies or if I don't want that and know it's just the munchies not real hunger, I go for a walk.

I figure if I reward my munchies with exercise, my body may get the hint someday..LOL
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I once heard Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) say that it is exactly at those times when we want to eat the most that our bodies are actually losing weight and if we can power through those times, the results will be that much better. I don't know if that's true, but it can only help to think like that. Hope you feel better soon. Remember, tomorrow is another day and you'll get to eat breakfast!
I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. On weekends I am really bad about UNDEReating. I struggle to get enough calories in, and I'm not at all hungry. This week I returned back to a normal schedule after being off work for two weeks. I'm eating more calories and I'm starving! LOL! I think I woke my metabolism back up.

Here's hoping!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I once heard Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) say that it is exactly at those times when we want to eat the most that our bodies are actually losing weight and if we can power through those times, the results will be that much better.
Ooooh, I like that thinking, next time I am hungry I will try and remember that and see if it helps me get through it!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote