Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #1  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up CRACK/CONQUER THE FAT LOSS CODE: January 2010

to

"Crack the Fat Loss Code" and
"Conquer the Fat Loss Code"

Support and Information Monthly Thread
JANUARY - 2010

This thread is for 3FC Members to come a share how they are doing one or both of Wendy Chant's two programs. Each Thread will start on the first of each Month, I will always leave a link in the last post of the closing Month so you will know where to catch up.

Crack the Fat Loss Code is Wendy Chant's FIRST book - I recommend that you START with that book first. It will cover the basics of her program to a "T".

Then when you have gone through it, if you want you can get the second book - Conquer the Fat Loss Code. It doesn't cover the basics as well as her first book, this is why I recommend "Crack" first!

Here is some brief information about the "Crack" program from Wendy Chant -

Quote:
Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle - Week 1[/b]
Deplete is a serious word for serious business, but that's exactly what you're going to be doing in the first week of your program. I call it your seven-day diet. And that's the only time I use the word diet to refer to my program, and I use it in the strictest sense of the term.

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle - Weeks 2-4 [/b]
After the first week of your program, you will begin your Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to pattern the body for fat loss and slow its adaptive response. This cycle includes three kinds of days:
Baseline days
Carb-down days
Carb-up days (Food Passes)

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle - Weeks 5-6[/b]
Although I rely largely on manipulating carbohydrates to help you teach the body how to use excess fat stores as energy, this is not a high- or low-carb diet. (Actually it is not a diet at all.) This is about fat loss. So for our third cycle, we want to pick up the pace a little and engage in the Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle. Don't worry if it seem familiar; these are basically the same types of days found in Macro-Patterning Cycle, with changes in how they are cycled to provide an increase in the usage of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle Weeks 7-8[/b]
You can't be on a continuous diet. Living ForeverFit is a long term lifestyle, and living on a lifelong diet is not the answer to enjoying life and living well. During the first three cycles, you've been sprinting - running to catch up and teach your body about using fat for energy. But you can't sprint forever.

The fourth cycle, the Maintenance Cycle, is also used for vactions and to aid in setting a new weight set point for the body to learn to maintain. This is the time that the body resets itself back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During the Maintenance Cycle, you will learn how to live forever fit. The beauty of the Maintenance Cycle is that it can last forever.

We add two days to the Maintenance Cycle:
Cheat Day
High-Carb Day
Crack/Conquer Recipes!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...ml#post3075163

If you would like to go back and read previous threads, you can check them out with the below links:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...28-2009-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...21-2009-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...14-2009-a.html

Once again - Welcome to the Group!
Feel free to jump right in and join us!

Last edited by PrairieChick; 01-04-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: title edit, Add Recipe Link
Old 01-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Evening girls,
I'm marking my spot! All of you starting deplete tomorrow, you'll do fine. Eat your veggies and weigh your protein.....so you don't short change yourself. No guessing on the amount of protein you're eating. This is very important. If you're still hungry, have a little more more protein, no starches.

I'm rooting for you!

Measure your water so you know you're drinking what is expected. I was a little late on my water today, so just finished 2 cups of hot water and one full glass to take all my pills. Probably be up all night.

I'm starting week 6, so wish me luck. I'm in for the long haul too!!
Been on the program 8 weeks, but the 2 weeks were the holiday weeks, so I didn't count them.

This is going to be easier than you think!

Thank you Kim for taking the time to put up the new thread for a month! It's wonderful having someone computer savvy!

Carol
Old 01-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #3  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thanks Carol!

Carol! you are PURE encouragement to me!

Yep - I'm one of those Deplete Members!

Let's hit those scales in the morning....
Don't forget to get your measurements so you will KNOW how far you have come down the road!

I'll see ya ALL tomorrow!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Carol...you crack me up! Do you remember how much weight you lost the first week? I know it acts as a detox and I will lose some water weight but I'm ok with that...weight is weight! I have my fridge stocked and ready to go !
Good Monday Morning Crackin's,

Hey ladies, mark me down to a NEW LOW today! Yippee!! Yes! This is working for me!! I'm gettin' rid of this spare tire I'm carrying around my middle. Looking forward to non gaping button holes this summer. Yeah!
LeslieLou -- I lost 6 pounds the first week and 3 pounds the second. Total is 14 pounds. I'm sure the rest will be a little slower. But I'm learning the program so this is fine.

Everyone have a super Monday and let's get Crackin' for the new year, learn how to eat healthy, and be the best we can be. Does this sound like a commercial??? I know I heard this on tv, but can't remember what it was advertising.

Gotta get my day rolling so I can go to my water aerobics class.

See ya lighter.
Carol
Old 01-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/179/130

Height: 5' 6"

On day 1 of Carb Deplete! I've tried this before and crashed so bad by day 3 that I quit. But this time I'm going all the way! I've warned my family to expect me to be tired and cranky. Wendy talks about a "shift" around day 5 where you start to feel better. Has anyone experienced that?

Last edited by SkinnyK10; 01-04-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #6  
New ME in 2010!

Default Shift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyK10 View Post
On day 1 of Carb Deplete! I've tried this before and crashed so bad by day 3 that I quit. But this time I'm going all the way! I've warned my family to expect me to be tired and cranky. Wendy talks about a "shift" around day 5 where you start to feel better. Has anyone experienced that?
Hang in there Skinny!
If you need a nap - do it!

It might help ya too by adding a little fat to your meal - EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) on my cucumber salad gives me a bit more energy!

I KNOW what you mean - but watch for the SHIFT after 3-4 days - that is when mine came, OH BOY - I could have cleaned the WHOLE HOUSE!!!!

Check your book, I think that is the timing Wendy used too. (pg. 72, towards the bottom). That is a goal that is easier to look forward too!
SHIFT SHIFT DEPLETE!!!

Last edited by PrairieChick; 01-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #7  
New ME in 2010!

Default The Shift!

You girls are going to be SO excited with you notice the "Shift" in energy!

It happened to me the first week I did Deplete - it is amazing. Every one will notice it differently. But, it will happen!
Share your results when it happens.

The tiredness is really not that bad - you feel a little sluggish just before the "Shift" in energy - but it will all be worth it when you get that burst of energy and it just keeps going!

Do'n good so far on Day 1 of Deplete - kinda missed a meal while running errands in town, but that is OK - gon'a have a feast tonight!
Lean Burger (no bun)
Cucumber Salad with EVOO
Steamed Brocolli

Can't wait! My mouth is drooling now!

The fridge is full of GREEN stuff and I'm ready!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/162/140

Height: 5'5'

Hi everyone.
Day 1 almost over! Don't think I really ate as much as I should. I think I should buy "Crack" even though i have Conquer. Do you think it would give me better info to do the deplete week???
Also I'm trying to get the ticker on here but haven't been successful.
I'll try one more time and then see.
How is everyone doing?
Bonni

Can't put ticker on any advice?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Bonni--- You have to be a member for at least 20 days and make at least 20 posts (I think) before you can get the ticker.

I have my books ordered and they should be here the end of this week (I hope) but from everything I understand I think it is best to use the "Crack" book first. So I am having to wait until at least the 18th (a Monday) to start. I want to give me time to read the book before starting. Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. I know I am excited about getting started.

Hello to everyone----- It is cold here---8 degrees and snow! I will be glad when spring is here.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #10  

I've been doing some exploring and I found this site for recipes---let me know what you think.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-recipes.html
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #11  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo - Day ONE - Deplete is look'n good all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonmike View Post
Hi everyone.
Day 1 almost over! Don't think I really ate as much as I should. I think I should buy "Crack" even though i have Conquer. Do you think it would give me better info to do the deplete week???
Also I'm trying to get the ticker on here but haven't been successful.
I'll try one more time and then see.
How is everyone doing?
Bonni

Can't put ticker on any advice?
Hi Bonni!
(btw - your name will be EASY to remember, my first daughter's name is Bonnie!)

Yes, CRACK has the Deplete day drawn out to a fine science! But you you would like, just contact me through my profile - I'll send you Rose's Planner/Kim's Planner and the Deplete day will be all drawn out for ya!

Yes, LeslieLou is right, you need to have 20 days under your belt here at 3FC's and a minimum of 20 postings. Postings won't be a problem - but you do need to have the twenty days. You will see "Edit Signature" on your User CP twenty days from the day you joined. Just like magic.

But in the meantime - if you REALLY want a ticker. Here's what you do...
Go to 3FC's ticker maker (find it through your User CP). Create a ticker - copy and paste it to a word file and save it. You can then paste it into your comments in the thread before you post! It is a little bit of a hassle, but if you really want a ticker - I really think this will work for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
well, I ate four times today when my intention was five but I didnt sleep well last night and I was off work today so I took a much needed nap! I hope to get on a better schedule tomorrow! I really love Wendy's salad dressing recommendation...olive oil and vinegar. I bought Newman's Own and it has EVOO and red wine vinegar with other seasonings....and is NATURALLY only 1 carb per serving and is not one of those weird low carb dressings. It was fantastic on my salad. I just added the raw broccoli to my salad..and had some baked chicken for dinner! My daughter loves my baked chicken and she had hers with some creamed-styled corn. For breakfast I had some scrambled eggs with butter and then for a snack I had some smoked turkey and cheese. Lunch kinda got missed but I did eat some albacore tuna in the pouch. I also drank lots and lots of water. So far so good!

Karen....brrrr its cold where you are! I wish you were able to start this with us....can you go online and look for an excerpt of the delete plan? maybe someone has typed it out for you? I'm not very computer savvy or I would try to post some of that info here for you. Maybe someone knows how?
Looks like you had a fantastic day! Just remember on the salad dressing - you need to count the carb on your journal - no more than 20 carbs a day. I even quite chewing gun during this week, I'm not spending my carbs (2) on one stick of gun!

LeslieLou - Karen is doing fine - she is better off not jumping right on the plan - half this plan is knowing what is going on. Her long term success on this plan is at risk if she takes the short cut and jumps right in. It's a mental thing - and a lot of any NEW WOE (way of eating) is mental. JMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
I've been doing some exploring and I found this site for recipes---let me know what you think.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-recipes.html
Karen - LCF is a great site! Thanks for the link to the recipes. When checking these recipes out, make sure they will work for the day that you are on with Wendy's program. If you will check your book, you will see that Wendy has designated at the top of her recipes what days the recipe is "Legal" for.

IDEA!!! I will start a thread just for recipes...

Here is the link to our NEW recipe thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...ml#post3075163
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #12  

Sounds good--- I'm just trying to arm myself with as much info. as I can get before starting. I saved the worksheets that you emailed to me and I'm sure that they will be a lifesaver when I get the book. Right now it seems kind of confusing to me but the book should clear up a lot of it. I think I want to take the time to read the book.... even if I don't get through the whole thing... and then start on the 18th. This way if I have questions I will have the book to look at and if I can't get it figured out....well, I know all of you will be here to help and support too. Thanks so much for doing so much to get this up and off the ground for all of us Kim.

Now can you do something to make the cold and snow go away??? LOL!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #13  
New ME in 2010!

Wink WooHoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Sounds good--- I'm just trying to arm myself with as much info. as I can get before starting. I saved the worksheets that you emailed to me and I'm sure that they will be a lifesaver when I get the book. Right now it seems kind of confusing to me but the book should clear up a lot of it. I think I want to take the time to read the book.... even if I don't get through the whole thing... and then start on the 18th. This way if I have questions I will have the book to look at and if I can't get it figured out....well, I know all of you will be here to help and support too. Thanks so much for doing so much to get this up and off the ground for all of us Kim.

Now can you do something to make the cold and snow go away??? LOL!!!
The book will make everything clear to you (I'm talk'n the CRACK book).

The more you on the program - the BETTER OFF you will be!

That's right! We are here to help! Awwwwww...you are welcome!

SURE! I'll start a NEW Thread, we can put all the SNOW there! NOT!!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #14  

Thanks to everyone that replied with info. You are all the best!!!!
Going to sleep now, but will try the other Ticker way tomorrow.
Have a great night and great day tomorrow!
Bonni
Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #15  

Kim.
That would be great if you could e-mail me Rose/Kim's planner. I hope you received my e-mail.
Good night again.
Bonni
Closed Thread