Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #1  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up CRACK/CONQUER THE FAT LOSS CODE: Recipe Collection

Need THAT recipe you saw in a thread -
BUT CAN'T FIND IT!

Look here!

I have started with some wonderful recipes from Carolis60 that she has recently posted for us to drool over!

Now...if you KNOW the day/planner that your recipe would be good for - please let us know, OK? (example: Use Planner A, B, C, D)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #2  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Garlic Mock Mashed Potatoes

Garlic Mock Mashed Potatoes

1 med head cauliflower
1TB cream cheese, softened (could use low fat)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp chicken base or bouillon (I like the granules better than the cube)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chopped dried chives (for garish)
3 TB butter (for topping)

1. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for 6 minutes. (I always nuked mine)
2. Drain well. Do NOT let cool! Pat the cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels. (don't want your potatoes drinkable)
3. With an immersion blender in a deep bowl or in a food processor, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
4. Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint:
Try adding a little roasted garlic or chopped fresh rosemary for a whole new taste!

Serves 4
4 carbs (but whose counting)

Hope this turns out for you. The family has enjoyed this many times, and I get to stay legal. Sometimes I would use jarred gravies instead of the butter. I think it was less fat. My father in law was over 80 when he tried this and he couldn't tell the difference. We didn't say anything to the grand daughters, didn't want them to turn up their noses at a veggie potato. They all came back for seconds. I served this for Thanksgiving instead of the usual potatoes.

As posted by Carolis60 12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #3  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Fried Rice

FRIED RICE
5 cups grated cauliflower (one head) I used the hand grater, (be careful of your fingers) but you can use a good food processor.
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 cups chicken broth
4 stalks celery, slice
3 TB diced pimento (optional)
1/3 cup finally chopped onion
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 TB granular Splenda
1 TB unseasoned rice or white wine vinegar
2 eggs
2TB water

Add grated cauliflower, salt, and chicken broth to large uncovered non-stick skillet over medium heat and boil till cauliflower is very soft and liquid is almost gone, 20-30 minutes. Add vegetables, seasonings, Splenda, and vinegar. Stir often. When mixture has reduced enough to begin to clump, move to side of pan. Beat eggs with water; add to empty side of pan and allow to cook through (scramble) then stir the cooked eggs into the rice mixture. Continue to cook and stir until proper consistency is attained.
Makes about 6 cups - per 1 1/2 cups: 115 calories, 3 g fat, 12 protein, 4 fiber

This really tastes like fried rice. It's delicious!

I was looking at the fat in this. I think it must be coming from the eggs. I bet we could use Egg Beaters. Also try to get FF chicken broth, that might save us more fat. Probably could lose the salt. The soy sauce is pretty salty by its self.

As posted by Carolis60 01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #4  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Spanish Rice

SPANISH RICE

6 oz. bacon, diced (3-4 slices, optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup any flavor bell pepper, chopped
3 tsp. garlic
2 cups Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (1 avg. can)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
5 cups grated fresh cauliflower

Fry diced bacon until crisp; add onion and bell pepper, continue to cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes, then stir in remaining ingredients and continue to cook until liquid evaporates and proper consistency is reached. Stir occasionally.
Makes 4 cups - per 1 cup: 24 fat, 5 fiber, 7 protein

Ok ladies, I know this has bacon right at the top but I wanted to leave it the way it was and then you can make the adjustments we need to fit our program. (remember this is a low carb recipe) Maybe use a little bacon bits if you want to. You could probably leave out the bacon completely and it would still taste like Spanish Rice. After you make it, put it in a casserole dish and sprinkle with a little ff cheese and bake till melted. Could add some sliced black olives to the top for pretty?

Enjoy!
Carol

As posted by Carolis60 01-02-2010, 10:12 PM

OK - I think I'm caught up now with all the recipes from the past post to date!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #5  
cajungirl64

S/C/G: 181/174/160

Height: 5'7"

(Bread Machine) Ezekiel Bread

1 to 1-1/4 cups tepid water
1 Tabl. Olive Oil
2-3 Tabl.honey
1/4-cup cooked, mashed lentils
1/4-cup cooked mashed kidney beans
2-cups Gold Medal better for bread wheat flour
or regular bread flour
1/2-cup Barley flour
2-Tabl. millet flour
1Tabl. rye flour
1/4 -cup soy flour
1Tabl. vital wheat gluten
1-tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2-1/4 tsp.yeast
Assemble ingredients according to manufacturer's recommendations.
Use the regular cycle,light crust. If you measure the olive oil first
the honey will "bead" off of the measuring spoon. The liquid amounts may need to be adjusted for different climates and season's. Your dough ball should be round and smooth-slightly tacky to the touch.
If dough has a batter like consistency add 1 Tabl. of flour at a time
until dough ball is achieved. If to dry add 1Tabl. of water at a time till
you get the right consistency.
[COLOR="Red"]Note: To cook lentils, rinse and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover and cook until lentils are tender. Drain but do not rinse. Do the same with the kidney beans. Puree' both in a blender or food processor. My machine says to add all the liquid ingredients first and then the dry ingredient and then make a small hole on top of the flour and add the yeast last. Machines may vary.This makes a 1-1/2 pound loaf. Remember to use Bread Machine flour because it has a higher gluten content.
This recipe comes from:"Hillbilly Housewife." It turned out great and the texture and taste is really good. Hope you enjoy it too. I'm new to Crackin' so I'm not sure what day you can use this? Maybe the carb-up day?
Blessings to all
Linda H. (Cajungirl)
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #6  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajungirl64 View Post
(Bread Machine) Ezekiel Bread
Linda H. (Cajungirl)
for the recipe - I'll get the ingredients and keep them on hand and will make this next week - will edit this post and let you know after I do it!

Old 01-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250+/224/160

Height: 5'4"

Okay ladies...I now have to get some cauliflower! Do you think my DH will notice his rice and potatoes have become cauliflower???? ;P lol
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbLu View Post
Okay ladies...I now have to get some cauliflower! Do you think my DH will notice his rice and potatoes have become cauliflower???? ;P lol
Hello LowCarbLu,
The recipes are delicious. I've used both of the Fried Rice and the mashed potatoes for over 5 years.

Yes, they do taste a little different, but not to noticeable. I usually bought low fat jarred gravy for the potatoes. I served the potatoes one year at Thanksgiving because I didn't want to go off the LC woe, and my father-in-law who was over 80 at the time, didn't know they weren't the real deal. Neither did the grand kids. I didn't want to tell them for fear they would turn up their noses and not even try them.

But, after each of the girls asked for seconds, I think I could say I could forget the potatoes and just use the cauliflower from then on. That's all I've used for years and everyone still enjoys them. The girls still ask for me to make my potatoes this way and they are teenagers now.

I made the rice once and I was hooked, it tasted just like stir fried rice. Having this makes me feel I'm eating rice at night.....and I'm not..plus, I can have a little more since it's a veggie.

Hope you enjoy these recipes. Let us know if the recipe is a keeper.

Carol
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #9  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up How to BAKE FISH

This was originally posted by Carolis60 on our January thread...thought it would be VERY helpful for us CRACKERS who are NEW to preparing fish...

Fish is good Protein for A, B, C, D planner days.

Quote:
Salmon, or any fish is really easy to bake.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spray a 7x11 or a 8x8 glass dish with Pam.

Rinse your fish and place in dish.

I spray the tops of the fish just a little with Pam or you could use Butter Buds.

Sometimes I slice an onion or two thin and lay the rings on top, some times not. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, or any seasoning. Cajun is good too.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or till flaky.

You can do this with any fish. (When the liquid from the fish is pretty much just about burned, the fish will be done)

Don't over cook.

Serve with a salad and veggie.

Salmon is a mild fish and it has the O-mega 3 good fats. I like the tilapia, catfish, and red snapper too.

Last edited by PrairieChick; 01-09-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #10  
New ME in 2010!

Red face Closing Thread

I am closing this thread also to keep it pure, since I won't be monitoring it as often now that I have closed the monthly thread.
Closed Thread