Old 01-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Cool January Club - 2010

Happy New Year! Time for a new start, a clean slate, to turn over a new leaf! There are a few of us who started together in January, 2008 to change our lives for the better. We have had ups and downs, successes and frustrations, but through it all we have offered support and friendship to each other. We will continue our journey here, but this thread is open for anyone who has resolved to be healthier in 2010. Tell us your goals and share a little about yourself. We will all work together to meet our goals this year.

WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #2  

Yeah I found the new thread! Thanks Ward for getting it set up for us.

I'm ready to get started and reach my goal this year. My goal is 100 lbs. I have ALOT of work ahead of me! and I know I will get my support here.

To get me started on my goal I bought a Beck Diet solution Weight Loss Workbook. It is a 6 week plan to train your brain to think like a thin person.

I thought it would be good for me to have something concrete to work on to get me restarted. I'll be sharing information from it as I get started.

I'm looking forward to hearing from Ward, Mindy and Kelly and if you are new--I'm looking forward to hearing from you to!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Thanks Ward!! I found it also.

Briefly- Jan. 2008 I started eating better and working out. I lost about 50 pounds in 08. I continued in 2009 but things slowed down a bit. I lost about another 25 pounds. That brings my total to about 70-75 depending on the day. I want to lose 30-35 more pounds and hope to do that in 2010.

I am losing very slowly and have all these gains and losses. It can be depressing and confusing at times. I just keep working at it and I know that someday I will be where I want to be.

Come and join us on our jorney. There are just a few of us, but we are always there for each other and stick together.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

My name is Tammy. I have been on this WL journey since my son bet me I could not lose 65 pounds from October 6- May 8, 2009; I did it. I have taken off an additional 15 since then, but it is a slow process now. I am going after the final 10 now. I have 2 boys, I (like I posted above) married my best friend in May of this year (we rode our motorcycles to Vegas and got married on them). I have 4 dogs.

I am ready to get past this last 10 and maintain the rest of the year and my life.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #5  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hi Tammy! Wow, you have done great! Good luck with those last few pounds. I hope you will stick with us.

Where are you in Arkansas? My grandma lives near Russellville. Beautiful country there.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #6  

Hi Tammy! I hope we will hear for you often. We are all at different weight-loss goals and levels. I know I would love to hear about how you lost the 65 lbs. We will encourge you as you loose lost last 10 lbs.

Ward: Are you still reading? What are you reading? How are the workouts going?

Mindy: I know you can loose those 30-35 lbs this year.

I'm doing well. I have really enjoyed my days at home during the holiday break and I feel that I have things in place for going back to work. I got so many things caught up--which is important to me because when they aren't I am anxious and then I eat for the soothing effect.

I'm also working my way through my weight loss workbook and should be ready tomorrow to start the daily work pages. I also am going to the Y tomorrow afternoon for a walk and weight training.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome!

Ward: I live in NE Arkansas. I live about 70 miles west of Memphis, TN. So, I live in the not so beautiful flat lands of Arkansas. Lol.

MyChoice2bfit: I lost the first 65 by using a treadmill desk (you can google it), by using 1/2 diet pill a day until I got my eating under control, then I did a "tweaked" version of WW. That got the 65 pounds off. After I got married in May, I started a fitness bootcamp. I have lost 15 pounds since then, but I have firmed up like no body's business. I am faithful in going to it 4 days a week. On top of that, I still have the treadmill desk and I walk at least 5 miles a day with that. I work in a medical office and the doctor I work for allowed me to do this b/c I was suffering from back pain from being overweight and sitting long hours (he is a "back" doctor--it doesn't look good for your staff to be suffering from back pain- lol). He now brings patients in my office to show them our version of the treadmill desk (the original was $6500 so we made one). He shows my before pictures to his overweight patients b/c he is proud of me. It is good to work for someone that great. I consider myself very fortunate.

With all of the above, I have learned that you have to do what is right for "YOU". I did get some negative feedback on another thread for using the 1/2 diet pill a day. But, the thing is, I used it as a tool. I no longer take them, in fact I did not even take 1/2 pill for 6 months. I took it to get my eating under control. However, what seems to be the key for me is MOVING! Some people can lose weight without exercise, but for me that has been the key. I am just beginning to run on a treadmill and I do plan on doing a 5k this year. I am not sure that I will do a 1/2 marathon or anything like that, but I do see a 5k in my future.

I know you did not ask for a book....... but you got one. Lol. I am glad I found this thread and I look forward to getting to know you ladies better.

Ward, btw, I am on the binge eating thread too. I have a hard time on the weekends. It seems to be that I have to abide by the rule, if I don't want to eat the whole bag of chips, then don't eat one. It works-- most of the time for me.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #8  

Hello-as soon as I finish my post here I'm headed to the Y and will be on the treadmill then weight-training...doing upper body today.

Tammy: I will have to google the treadmill desk to see what you are talking about. As far as the 1/2 diet pill goes you used it as a tool and I can't believe anyone would or should give you grief for that.
Mindy does 5 k's and I think Ward does too-both of these ladies are exercise queens! I used to be and will be again.

Mindy: How goes it today?

Ward: I haven't heard you say anything about spinning class...are you still going? My Y just got some spinning bikes and will be having classes. I will skip the 1st round of classes but plan on getting into shape these next 6 weeks so when the next classes come around I can take it and not die! lol

Ok...got to go get changed and out the door.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #9  
Maintainer Wannabe

How was the Y, Susie?

Tammy, are you binge-free? I kind of lost it last night, but I am back on the wagon today.

Mindy, how are things with you? Ready to get back to school and into your routine?

I had a great workout today. Went to the gym in the morning and did 12.6 miles on the stationary bike, then ran 3.1 on the treadmill. Came home and had my soup for lunch, then went for a 30 min. swim. Gotta get ready for the triathlon!

I am also doing a program called New Rules of Lifting for Women. I lift weights on Mon./Wed./Fri. and I've been at it for a couple of months. It's not a weight loss program, per se, but a fat loss program. So, I can't be upset if the scale doesn't go down. If my clothes fit and I am satisfied with the way I look, then it's a success. By the way, those things are not true now because I have not been able to regulate my eating very well the last couple of months.

That is going to change, though. I am participating in a biggest loser challenge with some ladies from a Mom's message board that I'm a member of. It's 10 weeks and I hope it will keep me accountable until mid-March. In any case, it will be fun.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #10  

Ward, that contest sounds like a good motivator. Wow, a triathlon, how impressive.

You know, I want these last 10 pounds off...... but the scale is not really my indicator. I want to be at a "healthy weight" and my clothes to fit, be healthy, and strong. Everything else is a bonus! It is an awesome feeling to be able to do things I can do now, which I could not at 268.

I am on day 4 binge free. It should be "easier" if that makes sense b/c life is back to "normal" now.... No holidays, no patients bringing in goodies. My co workers are "trying" to lose weight (we are working on the motivation part).

MyChoice, how are you today?

I need to get busy now. I will gab at you later.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #11  

Hi. I had a really good workout on the treadmill at the Y last night and also in the weight-room. I'm not really pushing myself just yet but I did work up a little sweat and heavier breathing. It just felt really good to move!

I will be going to the Y again tonight.

Ward: When is the triathlon? I think I told you I went and watched my first one last July--my boss did it. It was really inspiring to me. Have you done one before?
Are you taking your measurements? I think you should if you aren't. I'm not sure that your current program will show that much on the scales but it sure will in the measurements.

Tammy: I have binge issues as well so I totally understand how it is easier to stay on track when things seem normal.

In my Beck Weight loss workbook there is a list that I am to keep in place to help me when my motivation is going. It's called the Disadvantages of Dieting with Helpful Respones. One of them is:

I don't want to tolerate hunger and cravings: BUT there are a lot of things I can do to decrease my discomfort and if Idon't learn how to get myself to tolerate some discomfort, I won't be able to maintain the weight I lose.

I am one who will eat (binge) to soothe discomfort so I am using this one to help me when those times come.

Mindy: How was the 1st day back?

I'll see you all tomorrow. Going to meet my walking partner and walk the building for 30 minutes.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

First day back to school went good. It was freezing though, since they had turned the heat off. I probably burned some extra calories today just trying to stay warm.

During TOM I went up to 182.2...not as bad as last month. Today I was 179.8 again. I am really gunnin for that 176 this time. If I don't make it I might explode.

Susie- Good job working out and workin that Beck plan of yours. You keep up the good work girl.

Ward- What can I say?? You just keep rolling. You look great, you must feel good. Good luck with all that training.

Lady- I have learned for sure that the closer I get to goal, the harder it has become. Stay strong.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #13  

Hi, how's everyone doing today? The stress of work has already began to creep back in but I'm self-talking to myself and telling myself that eating off plan won't make it any better so there's no reason to eat. I have this printed on a card that I actually hold and read when I feel like I need to eat something to make me feel better.

Whose planning on watching the Biggest Loser this season? It starts tonight.

They canceled the fitness classes at my Y this week because the heat in the areobic room is not working..I can still use the treadmills and weight-room though so that is where I will be tonight.

Mindy: I know you can get to 176....and I don't want you to explode! What is your plan for getting there this month?

Ward: How's the triathlon training going? and are you doing ok with the binging?

Tammy: Did you workout last night? How often to you workout?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #14  

I AM.... I AM planning on watching the BL (even though every first show I swear I am not watching it again)....... but I will be in front to the TV tonight.

As far as my work outs.... I do a fitness boot camp 4 days a week. I walk 5 miles a day..... and as of today, I am training for a 5k.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Tammy
Old 01-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #15  
Maintainer Wannabe

I will probably DVR biggest loser and watch it tomorrow. My alma mater is playing in a bowl game tonight, and also has a basketball game. Don't know what I'll watch!

Tammy, that's a whole lotta working out! Good for you!

Mindy, please don't explode.

Susie, are the cards part of the Beck plan? It sounds really good; like it addresses the mental part of weight loss, which is so important.

Kelly, when are you coming back to the thread?

Yesterday I did my weight lifting, plus 30 min on the elliptical and 15 min of intervals on the treadmill. Today's workout was a 25 min swim, Ride class, and 35 min on the elliptical. I am loving the swimming. I was one of two people in the pool this morning. I don't know if that's normal, or just because it was 18 degrees out, but it was wonderful. Eating is on plan, day 3 today.

See y'all tomorrow.