Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 11:03 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Wink

Hi guys!! I'm taking a homework break and checking in today. Can't believe that I'm the first one here!!

Sonya: Good to see you back here. I bet grad school will come through for you!!

Buffy: Good to see you too!! Congrats on the new job!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy it.

Dani: YEAH, so many old friends back!!! Wow, that is something about your house. I can't believe that it sold so quickly. Hope you find a new place soon.

Lauren: How was the honeymoon?? Did you guys have a good time?

OK, gotta go and hit the books again!! Hope yall are having a great weekend!!

Old 03-26-2001, 07:51 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning!!!
WOW--soo good to see everyone back-Sonya, Dani and Buffy!!!!!WE missed ya'll!!!!
I am at Refman's house soo don't have my updates!!Sort of having a few little ex problems and didnt want to stay at my house.I have not had the energy to go to the club in 2 weeks-I do go but not able to do a really good workout..I decided to go to the Dr on Thurs and he did bloodwork and throat cultures and I have strep throat and mono...It is unbelievable what U pick up with kids in daycare...I told Refman I have never been sick until I met him....He just laughs!!!!45 more days--Honestly it will be easier because I will only have 1 house to maintain...I miss my cats-then I miss the family!!!It will be nice to have everyone together!!!!

Well--off to get #2 awake to go to school..I let her sleep in and told Refman I would tend to her today!!!
Everyone have a great day!!
Vicki
Old 03-26-2001, 09:47 AM   #3  
Is it Friday yet?

Good mornin' and happy Monday everyone!

Pretty uneventful weekend, except for the fact that we had a MAJOR rainstorm on Saturday night and when I let my cat in at 2:15am she was so freaked out she wouldn't let me sleep until 3:30.... Yaaaaaawn.....

I'm down 2.5. Don't ask me how - I'm really not too sure. A good friend of mine who's an herbalist asked me what I've done different in the last week or so and the only thing I can think of is that I started taking Ginsing. She said this could be part of it - that and I've started switching back and forth between black tea and green tea in the morning. Sooooo, anyway. I'm at 20 pounds lost total.... I can't believe it.

Have an awsome week everyone!!

18 days till vacation!!!

Terri
Old 03-26-2001, 09:56 AM   #4  

Good morning. Pumpkin, 20 pounds is awesome. Keep doing what you're doing! Vicki, you are sick again? My goodness. I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe after a couple of years of exposure, you'll stop catching everything? You get some rest! Karen, hi. I don't know if I'll get in to grad school or not. But if I don't, it's okay. I think I'll look for an entry-level editing position and have fun with words.

Dani, I'm glad you popped in the same time I did. Moving is hard, but you'll be happy with a new place to make into a home.

Nothing new on the weight loss front for me. I'm just hanging in there for now.

Good to see you all.

Sonya
Old 03-26-2001, 06:36 PM   #5  

HI all. I'm back from my trip. It was work and pleasure combined so I had a good time. I saw family and that was great - except for the food. I've been eating like a crazy person and don't know what to do with myself! Today is better. I will have to face the music at weigh in this week - I know I have to go so I can move forward. But I'm not looking forward to assessing the damage.

Sonya - Great to hear from you!!! Hope you hear something good from grad school. You and I have been in the same boat for awhile, so close, yet so far. Maybe these people just starting out and losing by leaps and bounds can encourage us again.

buffy - Well, hello to you too! Congrats on your new job! Glad to hear things are going so well. And a health club right in the building, that's super.

Happy - and hello to you! It is old home week or something here! Congrats on selling your house and good luck in finding a new one. So good to hear from you.

RR - Things sound like they are going smoothly with the family. That is so great.

Punkin - Hooray for your loss. 20 pounds is SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!!

Hope you all have a great week. I have a challenge for myself this week and that is not to bring anything "bad" into the house.

Rabbit
Old 03-27-2001, 04:45 PM   #6  

Me again. Yesterday I stayed within my point range - hooray - and it was so difficult after the past week of eating so poorly. Whew, this is never easy! Weigh in will still be painful though.

Have a great day.

Rabbit
Old 03-28-2001, 10:23 AM   #7  

Rabbit, good going on the points! I was way off yesterday. Well, I get to start all over today, right? It's hard to get to the gym with these classes four days a week. Six more weeks and I'm through with this craziness.

See you soon.

Sonya
Old 03-28-2001, 10:57 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm Baaack!!

Hi All,

It's soo good to be back home again!! Honeymoon was a complete disaster!! Decided we're going to keep taking honeymoons until we get it right!! More on that when I have time!

I read through the posts last night, will try to catch up and respond at some point!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Mrs. Dale
Old 03-28-2001, 06:17 PM   #9  

Sonya - well, I was over 2 yesterday (I made ds some cookies). Today is looking great though. Tomorrow is face the scale night - I'm dreading it, but it will also be a relief to get it over with and start a fresh week.

Lauren - oh no, I can't believe is was a disaster and am curious to hear the story!

Have a good one - Rabbit
Old 03-28-2001, 06:42 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! After going over homework like crazy on the weekend and learning how to use MS Word, I thought I was all set for class. Then the teacher proceeded to go over it in agonizing detail. I was SO bored. Tonight I am doing no homework and learning how nothing works so the teacher can teach me on Thursday!!!!!

Lauren: OH NO!! Sorry to hear that the honeymoon was a disaster!! I like the idea of taking periodic honeymoons. We went to Ireland for ours 10 months after we got married!! I liked that much better. We had plenty of time that way. I had just started a new job and had to accumulate time off.

Rabbit: Crossing my fingers for you at weigh-in. Hopefully it won't be too bad!!!

We are going to Hawaii in one week and two days. It has snuck up on me. I haven't been shopping or anything yet!! Guess I know what we'll be doing this weekend!!

Have a great night all!!
Old 03-29-2001, 09:05 AM   #11  
LBH

Default My Honeymoon Disaster...

Well here goes...we missed the plane from Newark because of all the freaking construction...took Jim a half hour to get from long term parking to the gate!! Finally got a flight at 1:00, after I freaked out on Continental! The Ramada in Kissimmee was a dump, first floor, near front desk, outside entrance...LOUD. The cruise ship was more like a dinghy...looked like a tug boat next to the other ships! Was seasick... Daytona had beautiful accommodations, but it was the end of Spring Break!! UGH...the bass from the car stereos, the hootin' and hollerin'' from the kids...the construction on the resort next door...bad...very bad... Came home with something...waiting to see if it's gonna turn into a sinus infection or a cold or what?! All stuffed up, can't blow, can't sniff, breathing through mouth...and that's w/o the details!!

Karen- Have fun in Hawaii! If you need a good bathing suit, Helen Hirsch store in West Orange has a huge selection, it's all bathing suits and lingiere. I think it's on Mt. Pleasant Ave. Their late night is Thursday, I believe.

Rabbit- Good Luck at WI tonight!

Terri- You seem to be in the weight loss department!

RR- Who do you think your kidding?? I seem to remember a certain virtual plastic bubble we had you in for awhile because you were sick all the time with those blasted sinus infections!! Take care of yourself!!

Sonya- Good to see you post!! Hang in there!

Hmm...can't view other threads here, huh? Dani and Buffy - Great to see you guys check in!! Hope things are going better for you both!! Dani, where are you looking for houses, same area? Good luck!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-29-2001, 01:52 PM   #12  

Hi all. Thanks for the good luck wishes on my weigh in tonight - I will need them!!

Karen - Hawaii!! How cool!! Have a fabulous time. Have you ever been before? My dh has but I have not. I'm sure it's very beautiful.

Lauren - So sorry about the disastrous honeymoon! Have you two been able to laugh about it yet? Atleast it was memorable!

Have a good day.

Rabbit
Old 03-29-2001, 02:10 PM   #13  
LBH

Rabbit- We would not have made it through the week if we didn't laugh!! We almost laughed ourselves into insanity!!
Old 03-29-2001, 06:28 PM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

WOW--Lauren!!!ALways adventures with Jim from the beginning(the squirrel) until now!!!!HEy--ya'lls life will be interesting forever!!!Sooo, how is marriage, tell us about the wedding!!!!!!42 days left!!!!
All I hope for is that I don't see cows being scooped up in London for my honeymoon!!!Thank goodness I dont do the meat thing!!!!!!

SOnya--Welcome back!!!!!!!

Punkin-Yea for the loss!!!!!

Well--off to finish invitations--must mail them tomorrow!!!!
Take care all!!!
Vicki
Old 03-30-2001, 04:03 PM   #15  
Donna

Just popped in really quick to wish everyone a great weekend.

LBH - Sorry the honeymoon didn't turn out as well as you hoped. How was the wedding? Are you glad it's over? We just got the catering contract and have to mail in half by the end of April. It's making the whole thing seem more real .

Karen - Hawaii!!! Have a great time. Everyone I know who's gone has loved it.

Rabbit - How did the WI go?

Terri - Congrats on the loss . Where are you going on vacation?

RR - Have fun with the invitations. Are you hand addressing or computer printing? We're planning on printing addresses and hand addressing the inner envelope. (177 days for me, I think).

I lost 2 lbs at WI this week which shows if I try hard enough and journal all meals I can do this. Unfortunately the PMS munchies and lack of sleep have hit this week so I'm not expecting a repeat .

- Tech
Closed Thread