Old 12-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #1  

Default Who else is starting next Monday, January 4?

I am! I have about 10 pounds I've wanted to lose for about 10 years now, and have decided now is the time. I've done WW points in the past with success, and am ready to recommit and get back to healty eating and exercise.

I was hoping others were planning on starting it up next Monday too. Wanted to see who else was out there with me.
mayviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Why not start right now? I mean that most respectfully, but why let a date dictate anything? I used to do the same thing, so I hear ya. I hesitated to post this because I was afraid I might offend you, which isn't my intention at all. If you've only got 10 lbs. to lose, then it's certainly nothing to be in a rush about. However, you said that you have been wanting to lose this 10 lbs. for 10 years, so that makes me wonder what is significant about January 4? Either way, I hope you will come here often. This is a great site full of support and information. I find that it's great to have a plan for exercise, for the food and for the emotional times when you want to eat even though you've had enough. I know you can do it! Looking forward to hearing about your journey!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #3  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

i'm with both of you! I'm going back to meetings January 2nd (Saturday) but have been following the program at home -- again! -- for the past two weeks.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #4  

no offense taken, luckymomma. I just am busy with year end stuff, some parties, etc and really don't have time to get organized, focused and get to the store and have things ready and planned til after the weekend. I just personally like a Monday start date. I thought others may get going in 2010 as well.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  

I'm with you on the Jan. 4th. I've had my holiday fun, and after my trip this weekend I'm cracking down again to finish what I started. It's been something of a relief the last month once I decided that I WAS taking the rest of the year off (food wise only, I kept the exercise). Not having vacation and holiday food all over the place will greatly aid the switch back to weight-loss mode without all the stress.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

If you're planning on going to meetings at a WW location, get there early! You and God knows how many others will be starting that week. But there should be some good deals going on. They pretty much always have some sort of promotion at the beginning of the year. I'm already at WW and my next weigh-in is Sat, Jan 2nd (gulp! Lines will be out the door!!!!)

Anyhow, welcome back to WW and good luck!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #7  

I decided to go the online route, which also had a nice deal going to join. I'm looking forward to starting.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:21 AM   #8  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Wink :)

I joined up yesterday with another 3 ladies (and another just sitting in for the meeting).

I think we figured that if we popped in before the New Years, we'd miss the 'rush'.

My next weigh in will be the 6th, hopefully it'll be a bit calmer than the rest of the first part of the month.

Good luck!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #9  

I'm with you on a January 4 start! I find it so much easier to start on a weekday. I joined WW for the first time ever in January 2009 and lost around 20 pounds but then got lazy during summer and gained some of it back. This time around I am focusing on healthy weight loss and continuing to train to run a 1/2 marathon in October!

Good luck to my fellow January starters!
jenniferleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter when you start....just start

I woke up Wednesday the 29th and decided I had had enough. No more procrastinating. Since I have this time off I went online, found a meeting that started in an hour, quickly got ready and headed over. Could have had a later time, different day, etc.. but knew I might "wimp" out.

Loved the meeting and group but because I will be back at work next week, will need to go at a different time.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #11  
tonya

S/C/G: 228.5/228.5/140

Height: 5'5

i also decided to join on wed to beat the rush i have done ww in the past and lost track and just couldnt find my motivation until now this is my year!!!I attend the meetings I like to have someone to weigh in front of(i know its crazy) it keeps me on track.So good luck everyone and i hope that this is your year also!!!!

Weight-ing for Spring BLC BLUE Team
innerthinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #12  

I actually started today. Am so excited!
kls64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #13  
Started IP 9-2-12

S/C/G: 224/221.8/199 first goal

Height: 5'3"

Default im also starting today

Yes maam im starting today also now that the holidays are over and i was able to go to wal mart and stock up on the necessary foods i think its a good time. I'm going to my first meeting this afternoon!! Best of luck to you and hopefully we can keep in touch
dixonschubbymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #14  

I started today as well! Just got home from the grocery store with all of my healthy/ low point foods.
jenniferleigh is offline   Reply With Quote