Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 09:23 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Wink **Week of December 29**

Good Morning All:

Wow, can you believe that it is almost 2003? It hardly seems possible. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 1 pound. That means I've only gained 2 pounds since PG. I'm hoping to keep it low as possible. Not that I'm eating totally like I should. I haven't had a vegetable since Friday night. Bad Girl!!

I am happy to say that the treadmill arrived!! Yippee. It didn't get here until 6:30 so DH was like a nervous cat pacing around. I was in a total bad mood while he was trying to put it together so I'm afraid I was a bit of a twitch. I just hate helping him build things. He wants me to read the directions then he doesn't understand what I'm saying so he has to read it himself. Why not just read it himself to begin with!!

We are going to brunch with friends this morning to exchange xmas gifts. I'm sure Alex will make another haul!! Last night when we went to bed DH had the wiggles and Alex was kicking at the same time. It was so funny (well, now it's funny, at 2 am *I* wanted to kick someone!!).

OK, have a super great Sunday!!
Old 12-29-2002, 06:31 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I've been laying around nursing a sinus headache all day. Was sitting in bed reading the Girlfriend's Guide to the First Year and it's hysterical. I loved the Guide to PG, so I had to get this. She also had the Guide to the Toddler Years, which I'll have to get next year.

Hope everyone's had a great weekend! I'm excited that this is my last week at work!!
Old 12-29-2002, 08:08 PM   #3  

Evening all!

I got all the Christmas decorations down & put away this weekend. Tested out the steam cleaner we bought with Christmas money, but quickly discovered that the small bottle of cleaner that came with it wasn't going to clean much! I'm going to have to go spend some money on a couple of bigger bottles to get the whole carpet cleaned eventually & some pretreater for some of the stains, but the two small patches I got done look a lot better!

I'm also gearing up mentally for REALLY getting back on track tomorrow. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning & tomorrow will be my first day back at tracking my points and getting serious about losing weight again.

Lauren - hope your sinuses feel better!

KarenK - glad the treadmill finally got there!

LE
Old 12-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #4  
LBH

LE- DH & I wanna get a steam cleaner sometime in the next few months I think. I haven't really researched them yet, just assumed I'd look at Bissel, since that's "the" name in steam cleaners. Let me know which one you got and if you're happy with it once you really get to use it!
Old 12-29-2002, 09:04 PM   #5  

Hi again,

I actually walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes and took the dog for a 15 minute walk. So I got some exercise today for the first time in about 3 months!!

RR: What should we shoot for in a heart rate while pg? I know that at Curves they were making me stay below 60% but I don't know what that would be in HR. I stayed below 120 today. How is Miss Kaylee doing?

Lauren: Wow, your last week already. Awesome!! Are you ready for little Petey to get here? I had the Hoover steam vac when we had carpet and I really liked it. It did a good job with pet stains and Lord knows I had a lot of animal throw up there for awhile. I hope you are feeling better.

LE: Cool on getting all the decorations put away. I didn't decorate this year so putting things away involved giving out the presents I had arranged on the stairs!! I was lazy.

We went to see the Star Trek movie today and Alex really seemed to like the fight scenes!! He was as active as he's been yet during them!! He kicked me so hard once right beside my belly button that I bet DH would have been able to feel it if his hand had been there.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:06 PM   #6  

Lauren - we got the Hoover SteamVac V2 with 6 rotating brushes, the heater & the rotating hand tool (I told you all that because there are several versions of the V2 and they don't all have all that! ) I did some research and also solicited opinions from another board (money/home related) that I post on & although there were a few people that had the Bissell and liked them, more people seemed to have the Hoover and everyone loved it. We went "top of the line" since we were spending money my parents gave us for Christmas specifically to buy a steam cleaner. The couple of patches I got cleaned you can really tell the difference, although it looks kind of funny where the "clean" meets the "dirty" if you know what I mean!

Karen - If I were pregnant I wouldn't worry about decorating for the holidays either! How was Star Trek? DH is dying to see it, but I'm not that much of a Star Trek fan. We did go to see Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers) last night & that was great!
Old 12-30-2002, 08:02 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

LE- Thanks for the info, I will look into it. On one hand, I don't want to spend a ton on it, but on the other hand I'm thinking, I have a baby coming, and will be spending a good part of my time on the floor and I want to know that it's a very clean floor!!

Karen- Thanks for the info too! I'll definitely have to look into the Hoover, since both of you have one! I think I'm almost ready for Petey to get here as far as supplies go. Just ordered a car seat cover because the one my mom got doesn't work nice, and the little nursery care set that I still didn't get! Those will hopefully be delivered by Friday. Washed more stuff yesterday...I swear, if I put all his things together, I would have 3 of the big laundry baskets full!! This child has waaay too many clothes!! Well, that would include blankets and sheets too. As far as mentally prepared, I think I am. I've waited my entire life for him, and sometimes I get a little aprehensive thinking about it, but I think I'll be OK!

Not feeling quite as bad this AM, so maybe I am dodging the sinus infection and it's just a stuffy nose/head thing. Think I will stop at CVS on the way home and get some Sudafed though. It doesn't do much for me, but if I can get things dried out in there, I'll be better. Need more Vics too!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-30-2002, 04:18 PM   #8  

Hi guys,

LE: Star Trek was just OK. I thought the story was sorta lame, but since there is one where they went back in time for WHALES.......... I guess compared to that it was an ok story!! We are going to go see Two Towers tomorrow night. What better way to kill time waiting for the new year than with a three hour movie!! I don't know how I will do sitting through it though.

Lauren: Yeah, sounds like he has a few clothes!! *3* laundry baskets full?? Wow, he's going to be featured in GQ. I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Our VCR ate a video tape last night and DH got so mad at it he literally ripped it apart to get the tape out. We are now minus a VCR so I guess it will be Best Buy for us tonight to get a new one. I hate going to that store. There is way too much stimulation for me.

Alex has been very quiet today. He must have worn himself out yesterday at the movies.

Have a great evening!!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:18 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Well, I am back...Kaylee woke up yesterday with green draining eyes and I forgot I was a nurse and just cried to the nurse on call..Her tear ducts were blocked and I had to do warm compresses and clean them every hour...I just balled my hormonal eyes out until I could call and make an appointment with the doctor..This morning..she was well..Real tears were comming out for the first time and the green junk was gone..I was ectastic....Her umbilical cord came off today and I am gonna give her a real water bath in a little while!!! I watched the birth video and cried!!! IT was such a wonderful experience! I am now trying to balance wife/mother role but that is hard when there is a demanding husband for attention and child...Plus the hormones are hopping!!!!

WE have the same carpet cleaner machine..DH loves it...and it is easy for him to do the carpets...

Well, off to bathe while K is asleep!!!
Lauren--I am looking forward to U joining me in the land of no sleep!!!!
RR
Old 12-30-2002, 09:02 PM   #10  

Hi again,

RR: Sometimes it must be hard to remember all your training when the little one is sick. I race my pets to the vet with every little thing, I can just imagine how I will be with the baby. I'll probably have to rent a chair there just for me!! Hope the bath helps those hormones settle down!! Feel better soon.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:19 PM   #11  

Hi all!

Well, day one of getting back on track & I made it. Stayed within my points and even exercised. Need to work on getting back into the water habit (only got 48 oz in today including the 16 I'm working on now) and getting those fruits & veggies in (had 4 today).

Lauren - that is a lot of clothes for a child that hasn't even been born yet!

Karen - I think I may just let DH go see Star Trek on his own unless he begs me to go with him!

RR - glad Kaylee's eyes are better! Hope you're getting a little bit of sleep!

Well, off to bed for me. Have a good night all!

LE
Old 12-31-2002, 07:21 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, i typed a post last night, and for some reason it timed out and didn't post it. I was too tired to re-post!

LE- Hurray for staying OP!! Has the program changed a lot since you were last on it? I started with the 123 system, and it worked for me (when I actually stuck to it!), so when they started winning points, I didn't change anything. Not sure what they're doing these days!

Karen- I imagine we'll all be a little neurotic with our kids for the first couple years at least!

So I guess the popular vote is for Hoover steam cleaners?! I'll have to look into that one. Thanks for the info!

RR- Glad Kaylee's eyes are better! That would've freaked me out too. Sorry you had to endure it. Like my mom always says, nurses are the worst patients!! (Or in this case, the nurse's kid!!)

Yeah, probably 3 baskets full, but that's blankets and sheets and everything! I have 14 size small onsies, which looks ridiculously alot to me, but they say your should have around 10-12 of them, and if you think about it, with blowouts, you could go through a couple a day, and who wants to do laundry every couple days?! Geez, I do enough of my own darn laundry!!

3 days of work left...with a day off inbetween!! WooHoo!! I can't wait!! I have soo much crap to do in that time, including a really annoying quarterly compliance report that's not due until Feb., but I'm the only one that can do it, since I'm the only office based person, so I have to get it done. That'll take me most of the day today probably.

Have a great New Year's Eve all!! What's everyone doing?? DH & I will be home enjoying our last as a couple!
Old 12-31-2002, 11:20 AM   #13  

I've got the muchies y'all...send me good thoughts!

Lauren - I lost before on the 123. Then they did Winning Points & I was at goal, but working for WW so I learned it, but I basically still followed 123 since that worked for me. I'm just using my old books and doing 123 again, and I haven't been to a WW meeting or anything in about 2 years, so I don't know how much they've changed anything.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:23 PM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--I go through 2-3 onsies daily with the blowouts!!!The 0-3 months just swallow her whole..It is ridiculus. I am doing better with the "sacks" cuz she cant lose her feet in them like the all in ones!!!I have her in preemie diapers cuz the newborns and the 1's were way too big that they were marking her legs up from the folds...They thing that is the biggest help is the mattress savers..They prevent entire cradle changes when the diapers do leak..Hope U have some!!! I have giggled all morning..I show her a mirror real close of herself and she just laughs!!! I am soo in love!!!!! Also, the wipe warmer is a "scream saver" now!!!!

Legal--DOes the plan cover breast feeding moms??? I may rejoin and go...DH says that I am back to almost normal but I feel just soo fat.. My belly is soo loose and that black line is soo unattractive but he doesnt think so...I am gonna weigh in 6 weeks at the MD office and think about the plan again..Congrats on getting back on track!!! Are ya'll still in the same octogan shaped house??? Those pics were really cool when ya'll bought it!!!!!Sleep???what is that??????

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 12-31-2002, 02:00 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- Geez, I look at those tiny newborn diapers and I can't imagine someone fitting into something soo tiny!! Especially someone coming out of DH & I!! What are the mattress savers, are they like those blue things they put under the pts. at the hospital? I have a waterproof pad for the crib...but no crib yet! Guess I better get something for the bassinet.
I'm pretty sure WW will let BFing moms join, it's just more cals. or something.

LE- Hang in there hon...go eat some carrots or something!!
Closed Thread