Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #1  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Default Late late nights

I'm a night owl. I like to watch movies or read. Usually with some sort of snack in my hand while I do either one of those. I really need to stop..but I don't know how. I tried stopping last night..but all I could hear was those damn string cheeses calling my name!!!!!! They're evil I tell you. How do you tell yourself not to go after something that late at night. I need help
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I have no self-control when it comes to certain foods. The only thing I could do was not keep those foods in my home. If possible I'd suggest getting rid of the 'bad' foods so you're not tempted. Otherwise try to make healthier choices (e.g. popcorn, veggies, ...). Good luck!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Yeah, certainly don't have them in the house. I try to have a later dinner, helps me feel full when the night time snacking desire kicks in. If I'm really itching, I'll just get in bed early!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

I bought the string cheese as part of my afternoon snack. It's not on my bad foods list at all. I just need to stop muching altogether at night. I eat carrot sticks and apples late at night too. I just wanna stop eating so late. I wanna get that nagging voice out of my head that tells me to go ahead and munch on stuff. I try going to bed early..but it doesnt work. I have major insomnia. Maybe I should just chew on some gum..
Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #5  

I have the same issue. I've found that I just can't have certain foods in my house or I will want to eat them, especially late at night or when I'm on the computer or watching tv. String cheese, even though I consider it a good food, is one of those foods I really can't have around. If I want it for a snack at work, I buy a package and leave it at work, where I don't tend to overeat.

I've also found that delaying the urge to snack works for me. Maybe tea without caffeine? Boiling the water, etc. takes up time and may take your mind off eating. I'm going to try it in the new year.
lala30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #6  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

this is considered late night for me and here i am eating mini pretzels and mustard...ahh!! my daughter likes to bring them to school though so i buy them for her but then i eat them!!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #7  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I hear you. Nighttime eating is my biggest problem. I don't keep anything in the house that I will crave, but that doesn't matter because I will always find something - usually leftovers from dinner. I do try to get to bed as early as possible, but after 10pm is the only time that I have to myself when it is quiet.

Something that worked for me in the past, that I am implementing again is drinking a cup of hot broth. Usually I like a cup of Trader Joe's Beef Broth (comes in a box of individual liquid packets). They only have 25 calories and the rich flavor usually squelches my desire. They also make chicken and vegetable broths.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by archychick; 01-02-2010 at 11:30 PM.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

I am a big late-night eater. I can be good for an entire day and blow it completely after dinner.

What I've started doing is saving some calories for later in the evening, knowing that I'm going to have that desire for something to eat. I've found it helps me keep control of the desire to binge if I know I can at least have a little something.
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archychick View Post
Something that worked for me in the past, that I am implementing again is drinking a cup of hot broth. Usually I like a cup of Trader Joe's Beef Broth (comes in a box of individual liquid packets). They only have 25 calories and the rich flavor usually squelches my desire. They also make chicken and vegetable broths.

Hope this helps!
Very interesting. I will have to try this.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #10  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I bought the string cheese as part of my afternoon snack. It's not on my bad foods list at all. I just need to stop muching altogether at night. I eat carrot sticks and apples late at night too. I just wanna stop eating so late. I wanna get that nagging voice out of my head that tells me to go ahead and munch on stuff. I try going to bed early..but it doesnt work. I have major insomnia. Maybe I should just chew on some gum..

For the past week or so I've started to do the late night munching. I used to do the late night munching a few years ago but I broke the habit when I began to lose weight. Now it is like a habit AGAIN....I feel an urge to munch even if I am not hungry.

It took me about a week or so to break the habit before. It was tough but it got easier each night. I would drink herbal tea and water. I made a firm decision to NOT eat after 7pm and stuck to it. The first few nights were TOUGH. After about a week the urge to eat late at night completely left me.

For me, the urge is like a bratty kid. It asks for something (feed me NOW) and if you give in it continues to ask. If you are firm and tell it NO it will eventually quit asking

Good luck on kicking the night time munching! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Those string cheeses are evil. DH loves them, and he needs more WW points a day than I do, I buy them. I can't have peanut butter in the house at all though.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

Well good news..I didnt munch at all last night!! Not while watching Return of the King..and not while I was laying in bed reading. I'm soooooo proud of myself. I gave myself a little Twilight apple on my blog for being so good, lol (yup..I'm a dork..but I liked earning it). For some reason, candy was calling my name big time last night. I don't even have any candy in the house either. Except for a lollipop leftover from Halloween 08. The wrapper came off and its covered in lint, because it was at the bottom of my purse, lol. It doesnt even smell good either. It smells like pennies, lol. But whatever..I'm proud of myself today!! Tonight will be another challenge..again.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #13  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Ohh I feel your pain!! I used to be alot like that! Everytime I watched late night tv, or read a book, I'd want a bowl of ice-cream, or a cup of choccy covered raisans. These days, if I need to eat something, I go for (Don't laugh now!) a cup of peas haha, or a banana
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 262/262/155

Height: 5'5''

I like to read at night too... and munch. You could try drinking a class of hot milk (maybe with cocoa in it, not sweet) instead of eating. Drink it up slooowly!
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote