General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #1  

Default We're Busting Sugar in 2010

Happy New Years everyone....
Old 12-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Happy New Year

My mushy gushy love you all post did not post. That is just not right. As this year quickly slips into the next I really wanted ya'll to know how special each of you is. There are many faces and names that are no longer with us but have also been a part of this journey. I look so forward to starting the new year with ya'll and setting new milestones together. I hope and pray you are all having the best New Year's Eve ever.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #3  

I'm agreeing with you Crystle. Theres so many people I'm missing on this board. But can't wait to start the New Year with all of you. Yippee we've got a new beginning. I stayed up late and slept late this morning. Then I've messed around with my computer the rest of the morning. Leaving a breakfast/lunch combo to make. DH wants sausage and eggs but think I might make me a good blueberry smoothie and maybe some peanut butter toast. I'm baking a ham for dinner but we'll have a light side and thats it. So most my day is planned. Hope you're all doing good.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #4  

Default Hello

Good morning. I really want this year to be about being the best me I can be. Not just physically but in every area of my life. Even if it is just a second to say hello I'm going to try and post daily, if I don't it's okay but that is my goal. Each person here adds so much to my life without even knowing it. I hope and pray ya'll are having a good day and an awesome start to your new year. So far so good...nothing bad has crossed these lips.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #5  

Default Happy Saturday

Good afternoon. I almost said morning it feels so early. Probably because I laid in bed and watched a western movie with my sweetie this morning. An old James Stewart one, it was so good. Breakfast this morning was a winner. It was turkey hash made with sweet potato and summer squash. Robert was eating cookies and Jess was eating candy and I actually stayed out of it. See my proud smile.

I hope and pray ya'll are warm and dry having a super weekend so far.

Do ya'll have a day that you weight in? I'd like to make mine when everyone else has theirs. Oh, and I don't know about ya'll but drinking water in the winter is SOOOOO hard for me. All whining aside I've started drinking water again. I really believe it is one of the major keys to my success in the past and my lack of success recently. Plus it is just so good for us. So grab a nice tall cold one.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #6  

Good afternoon. I've got to get up earlier and cook breakfast in the morning. I just had egg in a basket which was so good and I was starving from waiting so long to cook. That is something to work on with my getting my life back together for the New Year. Eating was so good yesterday but I don't think I'm eating enough. I'm for sure not getting enough veggies.

Crystle- Why oh why can't I have a breakfast like yours. It sounds wonderful. I've never even heard of of turkey hash. I would love to make some. I'm having a hard time getting my water in to. And I know it makes a difference. I just don't want to drink it in the winter. (Another thing for me to work on)

Hope we get some of our people back next week. Everyone have a good day.....
Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Kids go back to school Monday & I get my life back!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #8  

Default Errrr

Just having one of those temporary it all stinks never gonna lose a pound ought to eat what I want moments. Just thought I'd come here and vent instead of surfing the kiddos Christmas candy. I hope ya'll are having a nice evening.

Scrappinhut...glad to see you.

Toni..Thank you for always being so encouraging. The hash was really easy. I just sauteed some onions and peppers with yellow squash and a large sweet potato. When all that was tender I threw in some diced up turkey breast leftover from the other night.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #9  

Crystle- Its so funny you would say that. I just weighed and gained 1/2 lb. That sucks. We just have to keep working on it. It will come off it really will. The hash sounds wonderful. I have to try making it. I never thought of using sweet potatoes. Thanks so much for letting me know how.

scrappinhut- Glad to see you posting. Welcome back with us.

We can do this and be thin in 2010....
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #10  

Default Good Morning

Feeling better this morning. I am staying away from the scale though because I do believe it is part of the reason for yesterday's foul mood. The guys had french toast for breakfast so I'm getting a tad hungry. I try not to skip meals but I don't eat french toast even though I make a sugar free version.

My sister and I had a sweet visit the other day. She even trimmed my hair for me. I'm so glad because the ends were beginning to look like witch's hair. I was SO close to cutting it all off. Growing up I was always taught older women can't have long hair. Here I am at 45 and it is almost longer than it has ever been. Of course a lot thinner and grayer now.

Toni...((hugzz)) Just remember the scale is not always the best indication of how well we are doing. One of the things I've noticed since I've been eating properly is that I really haven't had any indigestion and very little swelling. You are so right. WE CAN DO THIS! I need a large sign on the wall for when I'm having my pity parties..LOL Or maybe I should just quit having the parties.

NurseDee...I hope not hearing from you this weekend means you are having a GREAT weekend.

Solly...looking forward to you getting back with us. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Scrappinhut...less than a day till freedom..LOL Hope you are having an awesome Sunday.

God bless,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 01-03-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #11  

Got my big pot of vegetable beef soup made. It looks so good. I hope it tastes good. I put everything but the kitchen sink in it. Just ended up with a sweet potato and some cabbage in it to finish it off. Made me a smoothie for breakfast and had a small handful of walnuts, so eating has been good today.

Crystle- I think the scale is my undoing to. I haven't yet picked a day to weigh in. I usually did it on Wed. But I'm not sure. That's nice your sis could trim your hair. I need a permanent.

Its been snowing lightly all day here. It looks so pretty.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #12  

Morning Ladies:

Happy New Year's to all of you. Today is my first day back at work since Dec 18th. We has a great time my last 2 visitors just flew out on yesterday. I am exhausted. We had 4 guest staying with us . I have been staying OP ( I was so busy I hardly had time to eat. I have exercised 4 days a week in the last 3 weeks. I now plan to go for 5 days a week in exercising.

How about us having official weigh-in day. You guys can pick the day. I would like the accountability. I would love to get to my goal by the end of this year and spend the rest of my life maintaining.

Hi Toni and Crystle. I'll check in later. Have a great day.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm back.

I have missed you girls. Bad eating is over. I even told Dh that when we eat out, we will be sharing an entree and adding a salad each. We definately do not need all that food. I am so ready to start eating right and getting this weight off.

I made it to the gym 4 days last week. Of course it was nice to get to go around 8:00 and not at 5:00 am or after work.

Having extreme numbness in my arms and hands. It only allows me about 4 hours asleep each night and the rest of the night I walk around the house trying to get rid of the numbness. It is hard for me to type and use the mouse and definately holding a pen. I can 't wait until Thursday when I go and get my cervical epidural and I pray that helps a lot.

Toni & Crystle, this is our year. We are going to do this and lets make a pack that before we go off plan, we come here and post. My dd got a laptop so as soon as we can figure out how to get internet service, I will be able to get on at night or weekends hopefully. Sounds like you all have got a good start on your eating.

Crystle, I'm with you on a diet or plan. We are just eating healthy and watch portion sizes. I will follow SB mainly (ww, low sugar, etc) but will also not deprive me of something I want, but a small portion.

Toni, I can't wait for the BL tomorrow night. There are some big people on this one.

Be back later or tomorrow
Old 01-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Would you like me to start a new thread for 2010? I can move this year's posts there with no problem and close this "October" Thread.
Name suggestions, please.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Mercee,we were posting at the same time. You have done great. You are truly an inspiration. You should have no trouble meeting your goals. Keep up the good work.

I always liked weighing in on Wednesays or even Mondays may help us make it through the weekends.It doesn't matter, but I really like doing it as a group so lets pick a day and do it this week.

Also, one suggestion for getting inyour water. I like mine over ice not out of a bottle, The colder the better and I like to add lemn. A straw really makes it go down quicker. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread