Old 01-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Smile Thursday Chatters - Happy New Year 2010

Happy New Year 2010 !!!

Wow, here we go with a new year.
On the December thread, Maureen said that every thing was wiped clean and we start over again. I like that!

Anyone do resolutions?

I resolve to exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No resolutions for me! (at least that I would put in black & white) I'm HORRIBLE at keeping them and then I tend to beat myself up when I don't! ha!

Good for you Tina - you can do it!

Have a great day everyone!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

My goal is to lose 90lbs this year! Whew, that is a large number and a bit intimidating, but I'm determined!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #4  

I resolve to be the best that I can and forgive what I (and others) can't.
Happy New Year Everyone
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

I completely understand not wanting to be bummed out if resolutions aren't kept.

HI, RockyMtnGirl--welcome!!!! I'm glad you are breaking down your goal into smaller amounts. That way you can see improvements faster. Keep coming here and talking.

Mimi, that's a great goal.

Food---I need to clear out the frig of all this left-over Christmas stuff.

Last edited by Tina; 01-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I resolve to just live 1 day at a time-be good to myself and stop being negative about how I look or feel-it's time to go forward
I can do this with your help

thanks for being here
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #7  

I'm not sure where I got the recipe but Take an instant oatmeal pack and add an egg white. Makes serving for 1 pancakes. I tried it this morning and they were pretty good, kind of a dry texture though I used a point for some butter and syrup. A little different for breakfast.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, I've never heard of oeatmeal in pancakes. Hmm... I don't know about that. :lol;
Old 01-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #9  
jeanne

Good resolutions everyone~

RockyMtGril -

Hope everyone had a great day! I totally stayed OP! woohoo! Day 6!

Old 01-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #10  
Susan

Ya'll have some good resolutions!!! I don't keep them so I don't make them. I do hope that I can get healthier!!!!

I got up and went swimming this morning. The gentleman that helped when I was first getting started was there. We were the only 2 in the pool. Actually, he was getting out when I got in. He watched me swim and gave me some pointers. Then he went to the sauna and then came back. I asked him something and he hopped back in the pool to show me. I had my personal swim lesson again Pat wondered what took so long. The guy said I was doing really well. Yea!

Oh, as soon as I walked in the house Pat said let's go. I had know idea where we were going. We ended up to the mall and to the movies. He never goes to the movies. We went to see Blindside. It was an incredible movie!!!! Oh, I loved it. Pat even said it was good. And Sandra Bullock is so cute! I want to look just like her when I grow up!!!

Hope everyone has or had a great day!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

I like Sandra Bullock, too. Congratulations on all the swimming.
You are an inspiration to all of us!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #12  

I think my goal for 2010 is to not get involved in too many things like I have over the past 1 1/2 years. I need to have downtime for me as well as activities. I am signed up for the next Chisel (aerobics class) at the Y, and I am also doing the Inch by Inch/Pound by Pound program. Kind of like Biggest Loser. I already went in for my weigh in and measurements. That reminds me that I am going to change my tracker back to zero AGAIN! I would love to lose 20 pounds by Tim's wedding, so I'll put a 20 on the tracker.

Maurice and I had a nice walk on the beach today. He is afraid of waves and seagulls.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #13  
jeanne

Morning all! Well the holidays are over and the hustle & bustle has ceased, so we should be able to get re-focused!

Susan & Tina - I really like Sandra Bullock too! And, I always wanted to look like her too! haha!

Tammy - funny about Maurice not liking the waves or the seagulls. He is so little he is probably afraid one (seagull) will swoop him up. haha!

Have a great day~! Drink your water & shake those booties!!! I'm doing well with the water but no so much with the exercise. That is todays goal!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #14  

Tammy I love Maurice stories, I miss my dog so much still and its over 5 years now. PS seagulls scare me too especially when they (let) fly over your head.
Susan; great with the swimming. I bought a little blow dryer so I could get my swimming in too. (I now get a seniors discount ) Great out of the blue date that was a nice surprise.
Tina Is the townhouse deal still going? If not I'm sure there is lots more out there. Consider sending flyers to others in the complex letting them know you are looking there.
Jeanne: great job staying on points. I have been struggling the last couple of days. I think that New Years eve meal switched my sugaraholic cravings back on. So I need some of that will power dust sprinked on me.
Maureen; isn't it so true that we forgive others so much easier than ourselves. Any time you need us just ask?? please??

Just listened to a fascinating lecture on fructose and the increasing obesity epidemic. I looked in my cupboard and so many foods have it in. Its no wonder we (Americas) are getting so much fatter. After listening to it I am vowing to ban the ingredient from my diet.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #15  
jeanne

Mimi - interesting. I'm headed to my cupboards to check it out!

Ok, so I did the in home walk.....1 mile - I am sooooo outta shape that it was hard! I made my husband stay downstairs in the family room so he wouldn't see me struggling! Urgh!