Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Wink The Worldly Chicks Will Jettison Their Jiggling Junk OUT OF January!

Happy New Year Everyone

Welcome to a New Year, A New Decade and New Hope AND Intentions to make this a great year for all. We've all more than our share of downers in '09 but I'm hopeful that 2010 will be a better year. The big guy upstairs would simply NOT give us grief 2 years in a row - we're too nice for that

Since we are jettisoning the jiggling stuff into the January Junk pile, as you post, let us know what you are doing and how you are handling the ring toss to success.

I never opened the bottle of wine I had chilling in the refrigerator. We had a nice dinner, not too much and no snacking afterwards. Did enjoy a reasonable slice of Italian Creme Cake which was not as good as I remember. And I am off to clean 101 hot spots in my house and tucked number 1 - the nightstand - under my belt. 1 down, 100 to go.

It was very boring here at midnight. I missed the ball drop in New York and absolutely nothing was on TV here - fireworks, clapping, even cheers from Beale street - NOTHING to mark the entry into the new year. DH stayed up with me, we were channel surfing when I noticed the clock roll to twelve. We kissed, wished each other a happy new year and he went off to bed shortly afterwards. Now that I've set up the new thread, I'm off to dream land too.

Good wishes to all the chicks!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

bumping the thread so that January in in front of December as it should be...
Old 01-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU MISS HAPPY AND THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!! I AM GOING TO JIGGLE MY BUNS OFF THIS MONTH.

LAST NIGHT AFTER DEALING WITH SENIORS AND A BROKEN ELEVATOR, I HAD A GOOD TALK WITH MYSELF. I HAVE A SECRET TO TELL.....
ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I WEIGHED IN AT 193.5
THEN I RESTARTED A VERSION OF MY OLD PLAN. TODAY I WEIGHED 190.5. THAT'S 3 LBS DOWN. WATER RETENTION.

JUST SEEING THE HIGHER NUMBER ON THE SCALE SCARED ME INTO CHANGING MY DIET BACK TO THE OLD ONE. I JUST CAN'T EAT CERTAIN FOODS AND I NEED TO REMEMBER THAT BEFORE I BALLOON UP OVER 200 AGAIN.

THANK GOD I SAW A SMALLER NUMBER ON THE SCALE. I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD WEIGH IN ON JANUARY FIRST AND GO FROM THERE. GONNA JETTISON MY JUNK THIS MONTH FOR SURE....OR AT LEAST GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS LAST JANUARY!!

NEW YEAR... NEW US!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-01-2010 at 08:37 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy New Year

Mel
I'm in the same boat. I've seen larger numbers on the scale this year-even the 200 pound mark. That number scares me like the big 60 nmber scares me in age. I'm looking forward to the day I retire just don't like those numbers. I'm vain and don't want to get old. Good job on that three pound loss.

Happy
Thanks for setting up our new thread. I watched two episodes of the Thin Man with William Powell and Myna Loy as Nick and Nora, detectives. Wow, 101 hot spots is a lot of cleaning.

My cousin Jack made me realize that setting goals were important so my goal in January is to lose 10 pounds. I'm going to have to buckle down though to get this done. The one way for me to lose the weight is to use a low carb and the low gycemic index food plan. I've also set new travel rules. As much as my aunt and uncle like for me to come to visit it's really getting the best of me. This will be once a month for the uncle's get together if the weather is good.
Speaking of weather. It looks snowy today.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-01-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo's
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #5  

HAPPY NEW YEAR WORLDLY LOVELIES, BLESSINGS FOR A HEALTHY AND SANE NEW YEAR!
Sorry I have not been here much but I do read when I get a moment and think of you and giggle and send my prayers when needed! My guy has been living here with me for about 2 months and it has been wonderful! He may have to leave for a job so that will be a bummer but we know the best parts now.
I am so glad I did my walk last year it was a major effort but worth it. The goal caused me to just get out there and move and walk and walk and walk. I need to move more this year also. We finally got snow so the skiis are going on today and out my door I can make a loop.
Sending wishes to all of you ladies and it is such a gift to have this thread and to maintain friendships that exist around the world. Blessings to all,
especially to my long time friends on this thread....your support to women is remarkable as you all are!
Peace,
Renae........2010.....WOW
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #6  
Happy September

OK I PEDALED FOR 20 MINUTES AND MY JUNK IS REALLY JIGGING!! THEN I PUT ALL MY GIFTS AWAY, GOT RID OF MY RECYCLES, MADE ANOTHER BAG FOR THE KIDS, HUNG SOME GOODIES ON A WOMANS DOOR ANONYMOUSLY (SHE HAS ALZ AND LOVES SURPRISES...JUST LIKE A LITTLE KID) AND NOW I NEED TO TACKLE THE BATHROOM. IT'S REALLY GETTING CLUTTERED IN THERE. TRYING TO KEEP SOME NEW MOMENTUM GOING.

CEEJAY~ GOOD GOALS KIDDO!! THIS IS GoING TO BE YOUR YEAR...I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES..GO, GO GO DID THE SNOW BEGIN???...THE MAP LOOKED LIKE A MESS DOWN YOUR WAY....I THINK I READ IT RIGHT SAFE TRAVELS IN THE CAR

RENAE~ SO GLAD THE YEAR IS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE AND HAVING SOMEONE TO SHARE IT WITH IS NICE TOO LONGER DISTANCE CAN BE GOOD...KEEPS THE MYSTERY ALIVE HAVE A GREAT YEAR. HOW'S MOM????

HAPPY~ BTW...I HAVE 101 HOT SPOTS TOO IF YOU DECIDE TO GET REALLY AMBITIOUS!!! TAKE CARE OF THAT FOOT OR COME MONDAY YOU WILL BE GOING TO WORK CRYING AND DRAGGING THAT DANG BOOT!! SENDING ANOTHER FOOTSIE HUG
Old 01-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #7  

Mel
Good for you on the 20 minutes of jiggling that junk!

Renae
It's so good to see you posting today. We miss you when you are not around.

I've been looking at the tv schedules to see what else is on besides foot ball. I've found that he Bravo channel is having reruns of the biggest loser and that tonight at 7 p.m. another biggest loser is on our channel 5 wrec out of memphis. I'm not sure if this is the newest Bl or not.

I'm like Mel I've completed my 20 minutes on the pedals. Now on to hit some hot spots. I'm hoping I don't have 101.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-01-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies,

Had a great day of relaxation. I went to the movies with a old friend then to dinner.

Ceejay - I agree with your cousin at setting goals. My goal for Jan is to exercise 3 days a week, No if ands or buts...

Happy - my street was pretty quite too. Usually there are fireworks in the distance, but didn't even hear them. 101 hot spots? is that cleaning areas?

Mel - WTG on getting your 20 minutes in. Keep that up and your junk will stop jiggling

Renae - have fun on the slopes today...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #9  
Happy September

PATTY~ I FORGOT I SAW YOU ON DECEMBER'S THREAD. HOPE THAT THIS YEAR BRINGS YOU LESS STRESS AND MORE RELAXATION GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME OUT WITH A FRIEND.

CEEJAY~ I WATCHED SOME OF THE BIGGEST LOSER ALSO BUT COULDN'T KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR THE OTHER ONE. I THOUGHT A NEW BL SHOW BEGIONS ON THE 5TH BUT NOT SURE. GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE 20 MINUTES TOO!!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE NEW YEAR.
WE HAD A DUSTING OF SNOW OVERNIGHT. FOR THE FIRST TIME, I DID NOT GO DOWN AND TOSS SOME SALT OUT THE FRONT DOOR. STARTING THE NEW YEAR OFF RIGHT. I WARNED EVERYONE ON THURSDAY PURPOSELY SO THEY CAN'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL THEM.
JEN IS GETTING CONGESTED. BETWEEN THE SINUSES, THE HEATERS, THE KIDS AND THE CIGARETTES IT'S ALL BEEN TOO MUCH. SENT UP SOME MEDS WITH ONE OF THE KIDS. WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN THE HARDWAY. I WONDER WHO SHE TAKES AFTER...MUST BE HER DAD
DARE I SAY IT'S BEEN QUIET? LAST NIGHT WAS A DREAM AND I FELL ASLEEP BEFORE 9 I THINK. GOTTA LOVE THE TIMER ON A TV
OFF TO BREAKFAST AND SOME COCOA I THINK. IT'S ONLY 25 OUTSIDE AND A WEE BIT CHILLY IN HERE.
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-02-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #10  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Back to the routine again. What day is it again?

There is the usual laundry and house cleaning to be done as well as menu planning. I have decided this time around, I will make a complete menu - from daybreak to sunset and stick to it. Will be time consuming BUT I will be able to figure and stick to my points better doing it this way. My foot feels a little bit better but I'm sure that's because I have been sitting here for 2 days mostly doing nothing. I might put the boot back on while I'm up and about.

I think you are right Mel about the new season of the Biggest Loser starting up again next week. They traditionally show repeats of the show around now since dieting is so in focus this time of year. How many people will give up their plans come Monday? Sad but true. It's good that you put the brakes on seeing the numbers on the scale rise. I think that's the point - stopping before it gets too out of hand.

Argh, who is smoking around Jen? I have to say that I really don't like the smell of cigarettes anymore. We were visiting some friends back in Chicago and I think A snuck back in the kitchen to grab a cig - or went on the back porch and it poured right into the house. Ugh. I hope your home remedies help her breathe better but I suppose avoiding the irritants is the best treatment. I've been stuffy all week too no thanks in part I'm sure to my podmate who was coughing all week long from some schmutz she picked up from her kid. I have the humidifier on constantly but still get those occasional choking sinus coughs that are both annoying to the cougher (me) and the people who have to listen to me hack (DH).

Hi Patty and Renae - nice to see you guys peeking back in again. Happy New Year to you both also. Yes Patty - 101 Hotspots does involve cleaning. I have a tentency to drop stuff here and there - I go through the mail and make a pile on the counter of "things I'll look at later because I don't have time right now" or will fold laundry and make a pile of things that need mending or unload groceries and make a pile of personal care items that I need to put away (once I make room on the shelf for them). Next thing you know, there are bits of things here and there. More bits than I have time to deal with so I stay up too late trying to tidy up and don't get enough sleep and then DH thinks I'm wasting money because this stuff lays around for a week (if you needed it that bad why is it sitting here on the counter for days on end ) and so on and so forth. It just stresses me and I always vow to get in the habit of dealing with things immediately instead of making piles. Here I go again. Like changing my eating habits, I do well for a while and slip back into old habits almost effortlessly.

Renae - congrats on accomplishing your walking goal. I think we could all do well by it. I'm sure it's dead cold where you are right now.

I think a goal of 3 days a week exercise is a good one and very do-able to start with Patty. Sounds like you had a nice holiday so far.

Thanks for the footsie hug Mel Sounds like you picked up some of Shad's superpowers when it comes to buzzing through the house and getting things done! I guess you can always find things to give away although I would think that your place is pretty spartan already just because so many things bother the eyes are such. Good for you - keep up the peddling - don't stop until you hit my house

Same to you Ceejay for hitting the bike. Hope you find something in TV - looks like it's pretty blah all through the weekend. Better then I suppose to get off the couch and do something more useful

Looks like we lose half our crew when people are not posting from work. So happy new year to all. I'm going to go check out some recipes.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friends!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. I spent Thursday morning and afternoon and Friday morning and afternoon cleaning. The place looks great! On Thursday, DH and I went to his aunt and uncles and played cards until about 10 pm, then came home. As usual, I didn't stay awake until midnight...but I made it 'till 11:30 until I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. We figured it was midnight where Mel lives, so we wished each other Happy New Year and went to sleep. Last night, DH and I went out to dinner with friends at a wonderful restaurant. The restaurant was originally built in the 1800s, but it has newly renovated but still has the ol' time warmth and cozyness! After dinner, we came back to our house and watched movies and then played some Wii games. We all had a blast.

Today, I'm pretty darn tired...so I've been pretty much relaxing. Except I did go to the grocery store, do laundry and do a Wii Fit workout. Actually, I'm not feeling all that great today, which is why I'm planning on taking it fairly easy today and tomorrow. It's VERY cold out...I think the HIGH temp today was 4, it's supposed to get well below 0 tonight and be chilly most of this week I think. So after grocery shopping and filling the bird feeders, I decided to stay indoors.

Happy - Thanks for setting up the new thread! I'm definitely going to jiggle and jettison my junk right off. I'm going to try and keep the house clean at least through this week so I don't have much to do in preparation for my niece's visit. Hopefully, I can keep it clean for a long time though. 101 hot spots? That's a ton of cleaning...but I guess if I added up all the spots that need cleaning/organizing and junk jettisoning, it might be 101. Mel's right....don't overdo all that cleaning. You need to rest that foot. REST, ICE, ELEVATION AND COMPRESSION.

Mel - Congrats on the weight loss! That's wonderful!! Great job on the pedaling!! So sorry to hear Jen is having sinus troubles. Sending healing for her.

Ceejay - You deserve a congrats on the pedaling too! You Go Girl!! Good for you for setting yourself on an eating plan that works for you. Hope you didn't get too much snow. Too funny that you're trying to find stuff other than football on TV. I'm watching college football even though I don't normally (unless it's Wisconsin playing) just because I know that football season is nearly over (1 more month) and I'll be going through football withdrawals.

Renae - Great to hear from you! Bummer that your guy has to leave for a job....but you do know the best parts. Enjoy! Congratulations on your walking goal...and for doing cross country skiing.

Annie - I hope you and your mom are doing well. Are you getting to spend time with DD and DS?

Patty - So nice to hear from you! Glad you're enjoying some relaxing time.

My steps to jettisoning jiggly junk are to:
1. Journal EVERYTHING I eat.
2. Eat 5 servings of fruits or veg daily
3. Limit sweets to once per week (not counting the sugar free cocoa I put in my coffee in the morning).
4. Wii Fit for at least 30 minutes 5 days per week (it gives you a bit of a sassy bad time if you don't workout every day).
5. Go to the gym at least once per week.

I'm going to go start dinner, fold laundry and then get under the covers to relax for the evening.

Love and big Happy New Year hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #12  

Hello to everyone and Happy New Year!

Our little party was just fine. Not the most exciting time I've ever had, but pleasant. Late night, but we got everything cleaned up so we didn't have to deal w/ it the next day. I lounged around all day Friday in my pj's until 7 ish - not sure why I bothered to dress, LOL. Today was a blood donation and my hair appointment. Color stayed the same, but I reversed my decision about layers long enough to catch in a ponytail - my hair was flat and boring, so back to some shorter layers. Finally watched Christmas in Connecticut on DVD this afternoon. Not doing much right now except some laundry. Tomorrow morning I'll get to the gym. I cancelled my newspaper subscription, so hopefully a Sunday morning workout will replace my Sunday morning newspaper habit.

Mel - Congrats on the 3 pound loss! Hope's Jen's sinuses clear soon!

Happy - 101 hot spots?! I don't even want to count 101 of them, let alone clean them!

Michelle - Glad the house is clean and you're ready for your niece. Yeh, very cold here today, but not much wind, so that made it much more bearable - even if I was just going from indoors to car and back again.

Ceejay - Good to cut back on the drives to Paragould if it's taking too much out of you! And you'll need your energy to meet your January goal!

Patty & Renae - nice to see you back on the thread!

Hellos to Annie & Shad!!

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #13  

Michelle
I like your steps into jiggling the junk.

Mel
As my grandpa used to say it's cold out there today. :brrr: No snow yet but snow showers tomorrow. However, the temperatures are perfect for more. Happy is correct in that the BL does start a new season on Tuesday. These were all reruns.

Happy
Did you get those hot spots cleaned? I started but didn't have the ump to get her done. It does take time in planning and preparing but it is the only way I can actually eat healthy.

Patty
Hello, Rest and relaxtion are on my agend this year also. I need to use up those vacation hours some way.

Last year I didn't have much structure to meal planning and this year I'm making that a priority. Meal planning will be the original protein, veggie fruit, starch, and dairy per meal.
Rode the stamina bike for 20 minutes last night but tonight I'm using the portable pedals. I have a pounding sinus headache. I slept 4 four hours this afternoon which is highly unusal for me. But I felt a bit light headaed. My bp was a little elevated but not enough to go to the emergency room.
My neighbor called me last night to inform me that one of the apartments across the street had been broken into over the week end.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #14  

Laura
You and I must have been posting at the same time.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
I finally made it all the way to Lilydale and here I sit having spent a fortune on setting up a new ISP. This one I buy by the hour, so I will have to do most of my reading and personals at work.

Long boring drive down. It rained solidly through most of New South Wales and I think the roads got closed not long after I went through. It was actually quite boring except for the flooded bits. It blew and rained until I got to a place called Windy Hill when the wind stopped (but not the rain) and the fog came down. Couldn't see more than a couple of feet in front of me and had to drive by the white line. Difficult also to see the water on the road as well. Once we got passed that it fined up and the sun came out. Yeehaa.

Thanks for setting up the thread Happy. I can't spend too much time here, but will be in for personals tomorrow when I go back to work.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote