South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/141.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Question Finding the right carb balance

I'm a little over a week away from Phase 2 and that means reintroducing carbs into my diet.

Other than trial and error are there any good tips or tricks to determine the right amount of carbs for you? I know the first things coming back into my diet will be fruit, artificially flavored yogurt and sweet potatoes. Beyond those things I don't miss much else (at least not yet). Also, knowing that carbs are what give me so many problems I'm reluctant to add in breads or pastas.

Any advice?
KKBs Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Fruit and oatmeal were my first, since I missed them the most. I only eat 2-3 servings of grains per day on maintenance, so I only ate 1-2 on Phase II. I don't miss white potatoes. We absolutely adore sweet potatoes. Be careful with the artificially flavored yogurts (artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt limited to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup). Many don't fit the bill. I rarely eat bread. I'd rather have brown rice or couscous.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Nicole, I think you'll find this thread that's stickied in our FAQ section very helpful for starting Phase 2.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...phase-2-a.html
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Nicole, I'e discovered through South Beach that wheat is a huge trigger food for me, even whole wheat. I pretty much avoid bread and pastas. I have found that large amounts of protein can help curb the effects of wheat, though.

You should try plain yogurt. I've recently taken a liking to it. The tangy taste is quite nice, and I like to add fresh fruit.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote