Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Mashed Cauliflower with Feta and Dill

Mashed potatos are my ultimate comfort food. Warm and soft and filling. And of course, calorie packed. Well this is a good alternative. It's not quite the same as mashed spuds, but it has the same texture, look, and has it's own great taste!

I hardly ever use recipes, so this was all guesstimation.

Ingredients:
- half a head of cauliflower (I'd say it was about 3-4cups)
- 1/4 cup light feta cheese (I'm sure you could use any cheese, but I liked the feta flavor in this)
-1tbsp dill seasoning
-1tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
-dash of skim milk
-salt and pepper to taste (I left out salt...I've been low sodium long enough to not even like the salty taste)

Boil the cauliflower until very soft, about 20minutes. Strain it, and give it time to dry otherwise it'll be watery. I let it sit for about 5 min, tossing it every minute or so. Add feta and dill and butter and mash with a veggie masher. Add milk and mash/beat until you have the desired texture.

Serve hot and enjoy
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #2  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

what if I do it w/o the dill? I have frozen caulitflowe and feta that I need to move-- but no dill. Having poeple for dinner tonight-- thoughts??
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

The dill sounds great, but I think another spice would be great, too. Parsley, whether fresh or dried. Rosemary or Basil. I think even some minced garlic, or even onion. I can't wait to experiment.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote