Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ January

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

WE ACCEPT ALL NEW MEMBERS HERE!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-01-2010 at 10:53 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

We had a quiet New Year's Eve around here as usual I was asleep before 9:00...had a few too many beers Angie was up at mid-night but only because of acid reflux issues she had yesterday.

My son and dil were having a party so we cruised over there for some early drinks and appetizers then came on home leaving them with my daughter and sil and my step-d and about 20 of my son's friends...it was plenty loud enough for us old timers

We had all the kids here yesterday for our Christmas. My son/dil - daughter/sil - step-d and nephew and his girlfriend visiting here from Minnesota. We had planned earlier to give to World Vision as we have done in the past instead of exchanging gifts. My son brought up the idea to give the money to my sister a while back....we voted as a family to do that yesterday.

For those that don't know my sister has breast cancer, she does have insurance but the co-pays are very expensive for her. Week before last she had to go to emergency two nights in a row, when her temp got up too high, that alone cost her $100. Praise God for the gift of insurance!

I plan on watching a lot of football today...as if you didn't know Seriously, I have given Angie a break, we have watched a lot of movies during this holiday season when I would otherwise be watching games down here in the family room. She will come down and knit from time to time and sit in her recliner next to mine, but I know she would rather football not be on!

The family and friends are in a pool on ESPN for the games, I am in 3rd right now out of 23 in our league... kidnapper is in 2nd and my bil is in first. I was in first for 1 game on Wednesday night...then dropped quick with the Nebraska win in the Holiday Bowl.

I promise to get back in here today or tomorrow and catch up with all of you! I have read your posts daily and pray always for my 3FC friends!

C-YA soon
Old 01-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY TO EVERYONE!

GARY ~ that new avatar pick of you and Angie is really nice; looks like it is at your church ... we had a quiet New Year's Eve too; just stayed home and watched movies, but DH did stay up to cheer in the new year. I stayed up later than that; as I got into one of my historical Harlequin romances and couldn't put it down! It is a special edition with three stories; one down, two more to go ... oh boy! I love 'em: they're clean with no swearing, and always have a good ending too ... my kind of stories, for sure!

I think that was a good idea to give some help to your sister for her medical costs. We are so blessed here in Canada to have health care insurance for everyone. Too bad your gov couldn't have a similar insurance so people don't have to choose between being sick and money all the time. Here, if you work, you pay premiums which are based on your income level and the last time I paid them, they were very fair; but there are some exceptions where some people don't have to pay, ie the disabled, jobless, students, seniors, etc. I hear of so many cases in the US where people are sick but can't get insurance when they need it the most; here, you can't be turned down -- becuz everyone qualifies. Our system isn't perfect, but we like it much better ...

We switched things up a bit and had pasta for dinner tonight; had a good OP day, and just did stuff around here. It's a bit cold again and the wind is fierce so DH didn't even want to go outside today. It's suppose to warm up just a tad tomorrow; yeah!

PS TO RONNI ~ sent up some prayers for your tooth last night; hope you are feeling better and get to the dentist real soon!!! Sounds like you are having fun with family there too ...

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend; and take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy 2010, Everyone! Does anyone else feel like they're caught in a "Back to the Future" movie? I just can't believe it's already '10!

We've had DS1 and his family here since yesterday afternoon and they're staying till tomorrow-it's been fun, yet exhausting, as DGDs, who are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, have endless energy! Add in DSGS, 11, DSGD, 10, and my DS's, 17 and 13, and it's been total chaos !

Hope everyone's having a great holiday and that God blesses each one of you in 2010! Prayers for all....
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

ROSEBUD ~ Thanks. The picture is actually in front of my fireplace in my living room. Happy 50th to Numpster Angie's is in 6 days. Sorry you are having sold weather and high winds...be safe and warm

RONNI ~ Yep...that sounds like a full...noisey...house My nephew just left here with his girlfriend to go to the mal...ahhh...nice and quiet now I love him dearly but boy can that boy talk!!! How is the tooth?

KAREN ~ Hockey on that pool yet? Sorry to hear about your son and wife....we both know the troubles of all that mess! Prayers!

SCOOTER ~ When you get your house clean come on over here I got a garage that needs some attention! Glad you could catch up at work and get a bit of a break at church.

KIM ~ I hope that cough is better and this finds you well

KATIE ~ I hope your Christmas at your dad's house was pleasant. Prayers for that work position for you.

PINK ~ So...do blondes have more fun? I hope it all comes together for you with your Pastor leaving

MELO ~ The C25K program is great!

LESLIELOU ~ WILMA ~ I hope all is well!

Angie called down for dinner...gotta go....
Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Oh I have missed all of you! I was sent a email from my provider but it really was not from my provider but someone hacked in to 281.com and my computer got a virus. I would of never of known it but I go on line to get my email before it comes on my computer because my computer cannot handle alot of pictures etc... it would not let me delete etc....and then when I went back to that email it said to close it for it was getting all the info off my computer. Which is all Grandma stuff. I did not come on here for I did not want y'all to catch it! They kept it 1 month had to put a new windows on it but it is still not up to par. Then when I got it back could not remember my password!! Just found it today!

I got to go Thanksgiving and see my grandchildren! Then in December came down with a cold and chest congestion , went to the doctor, gave me 5 prescriptions! Two for infections. I had Christmas here sure was hopping someone else would have it in the family but no such luck. Working at store and here on the ranch. I started to feeling better 4 days ago, sure was glad about that! Then New Year which I felt a-lot better.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HEY BOOTSIE ~ we are soooo glad to have you back here; really missed you and your bright light! Sorry you got a virus; hope things are getting all fixed up; kept up the prayers for you that it would all get sorted out ... the LORD heard me calling ... Sorry to hear you got a bad flu; we had one too, but looks like we are on the up side now and feeling much better. I'm sure it is to all the prayers going up for us by these great people here. So happy to hear from you again; come back often as we love to hear your cheery self!!!

It is very cold here again today, down to -17C and -25C during the night, but that isn't counting the wind factor which can drop the temps down by as much as another 10%. I didn't even venture outdoors today; stayed inside, thank you very much, but the did come out for most of the day to warm us up a bit and that was nice ...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend; and do keep warm ... ROSEBUD
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #8  

So glad to be back! WOW!! 17C and 25C , your past hibernating weather in Texas! I think everyone I know has been sick with what ever I had, just bad stuff. Boy did my garden grow while I was sick, went out there and great big turnips, have to cut back the mustard greens so big and the onions are growing great! Had to sale half my goats when went to Marfa only have 15 now counting babies. Sometimes you just got to sacrifice things for the people you love, that is what I did. Oh well, hope they all went to good homes. Well best get out there with what I got left and feed them!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #9  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone,

Hope you are well today!

I'm wallowing in self-pity and hiding from God. Not very healthy, I know. Depression has a hold on me, and I am not really doing much to fight it, sadly.

EZ - I am having fun as a blonde! The funny thing is that she is probably not leaving for over a year, but I have bad abandonment issues stemming from childhood abuse, and I don't want her to move away as we are very close. I know I need to widen my support network, but I am not really sure how.

I have been eating like a pig lately and have probably gained weight back over the past few weeks. I went over to my pastor's for Christmas (I had no family in the city) and I went out with some friend for NYE, but aside from that have barely left the house. I didn't make it to church today, which is the one thing I told myself I would do this weekend.

I feel too depressed and nervous to weigh myself, and afraid that I have undone all my progress. I am feeling frustrated and sad with the fact that the world can be so shallow and unloving.

Sorry, this is incredibly depressing.

I think I will make a psychiatrist appointment on Monday. I am obviously still depressed.

God bless everyone, and best wishes for a lovely 2010.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

Just taking inthe Charger game hoping to see my daughter in law cheering and my daughter and kidnapper in the stands.

Angie is off at the salon getting the grey out ...our 14th wedding anniversary and her 50th birthday are coming up this week....she's gotta look good

Church was nice this morning, the youth group did all the readings and ushering, etc. Last week it was the college aged kids. Pastor was out again with his cold...nice that we seem to not miss a beat when he isn't here...so many men qualified to fill in where needed and in a pinch we seem to always have a retired Pastor in our church in case Vicar isn't available. I say we have about 8 retired Pastors with us.

Well tomorrow I start back on the weight loss track...I really jumped off this year...a little at a time ALL year long...dang

ROSEBUD ~ Sending

BOOTSIE ~ So good to have you back with us

Well gals....back to the game
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

PINK you posted right before me....

I am glad you are having fun!!!

Prayers for those issues of yours...we are here to help where we can...hugs!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #12  
Rosebud

THANKS, GARY ~ they are predicting for this week; and it should help to warm things up a tad! I am also working very hard to get back on track this week; and did great today!

PINK ~ ^sending up prayers^ that you can find a good counsellor very soon, as a young person with so much potential and so many opportunities shouldn't be in such a funk for so long ... yes indeedy, make that appointment pronto!!!

WOW BOOTSIE ~ that's awesome that you have a winter garden growing; I had considered doing an indoor herb garden, but I don't have any seeds right now. So I will plan that for next year and order some for this spring. I want to plant some chives in our garden bed this year too. It seems many people here have had some kind of flu bug; it's everywhere ...

to all our other CE's out there; hope you are all recovering nicely from your busy holidays, and feelin' fine ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-03-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #13  

Oh yes, Rosebud, that is just another reason I love Texas, a garden all year long! Been eating spinach out of it and oh the turnips are so sweet!
Thanks Gary! I am so glad I finally found my pass word!
Pink I gained 10 pounds over the Holidays, this year I plan on doing better but it is not going to be easy; we must never give up. Right now I am making myself exercise and I am eating more veggie's and fruit. I think a lot of what I gained is water but to me that is just as bad.
I have a question and I hope someone can answer it for me, How much sodium does a person need? I do love salt and think I may be using to much. Plus while I was sick my doctor told me to use salt water to clear my nose out, worked great! Then I thought that might of been where the weight gain really came from.

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-03-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #14  
♪♫ Katie ♫♪

S/C/G: 339/298(+/-)/180

Height: 5'3"

@Gary, Thanks. It's actually my dad's family's Christmas. The 3 of us(Mum, Dad & I) go to Mum's cousin's house on Christmas Day and my Dad's brother's on New Years usually. Works out best for us. Otherwise it's 4 hours worth of travel on Christmas Day and very little time in between. lol

@Ronni, My cousin's kids are 9, 7, 5 & 2. I know how you feel. I used to go spend 3 - 4 days with them and OH! MY! GOODNESS!! LOL And that was when Ella(2) was an infant! LOL

@Rosebud, It's currently -13ºc here. SOOO COLD! I have to go to work in less than 2 hours. We need an emote that turns blue and shivers. LOL
My friend said it was so cold that the de-icer froze coming out of the can this morning! LOL

Christmas with Dad's family was ok. I still don't feel like I fit in but at least we passed some of the time by playing Cranium. Fun game. Even for me! At one point I had to draw a sattelite dish with my eyes closed. LOL

Well, I found 2 work out DVDs that I want but can't order till next payday. I'd rather buy the DVDs than have to go to a gym every day. At least with the DVDs I can do one or 2 of the 10 minute work outs before work and then more in the evening after my parents are in bed or something like that.

Last night I went to bed with a major headache, woke at 2 AM with a migraine, went to sleep in tears at about 5:30 AM and woke at 8 AM with a minor headache. Praise God I don't have to call off work! That would be bad.

Hugs to all and Happy New Year!
StargateAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #15  
Rosebud

KATIE ~ sorry to hear you have such bad migraines; will definitely ^send up some prayers^ for that! What does your doctor say about them? DH is on a low-dose aspirin therapy right now, and that has really helped his headaches a lot; he still gets the odd one but nothing like he did before. Too bad the doctors can't find the sources of those nasty thangs! The dvds sound like a great idea; I like the convenience of them too ...

BOOTSIE ~ I had funny visions in my mind of just how that salt water worked so, I won't go there ... Anyhow, yes indeedy, salt can cause you to retain water and I would bet most of that gain is likely water. You would have had to eat a horse almost daily to gain 10 lbs so fast, so it has to be mostly water ... Drink your water each day -- 1 cup at a time; they say it can help flush the salt out of your body.

Just stayed indoors again today as it is terribly cold today and no sunshine. Maybe tomorrow? The temps were a bit higher today though, so that was a blessing and DH was able to go get our mail; wanna get those bills paid on time (hydro & phone). Ate well today; stayed on plan --

Hope you all have a good week; and do take care ... ROSEBUD