Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default 2009 and 2010

I know that the board will be flooded with these types of posts today but I still want to do this because New Years Day is a time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. Like others that have posted, I decided long ago not to make resolutions. However, I found that I did have them whether or not I call them resolutions.

I looked back and found my post from Jan. 3 2009 and want to evaluate how I did on those resolutions.

Quote:
I declared that I was not going to make any Resolutions for 2009 but realized that I have but just had not formalized it by writing them down.

1 - Weigh at least 30 pounds less on Dec 30, 2009. Will be thrilled if I lose 52 to 100 pounds.

2 - Exercise so that I can comfortably walk at least 2 miles. Shopping for Christmas 2009 should be much easier.

3 - Start saving for a trip to England.

4 - Get in shape for that trip to England!

5- Make a video every month of reading a book for my grandkids - long distance grandparenting!
So how did I do?

1 - Weigh at least 30 pounds less ...... Started 2009 at 251 and now at 204 so I lost 47 pounds.

2 - ....comfortably walk at least 2 miles. Can do it! Shopping for Christmas was much easier!

3 - Start saving ..... Started, didn't save much but started

4 - Get in shape for that trip to England! Well on my way

5- Make a video ........ Failed miserably

New goals for 2010

1 - Weigh at least 30 pounds less on Dec 30, 2010. Will be thrilled if I lose 52.

2 - Get where I can climb 5 flights of stairs without being winded. There is a building at work that I have in mind.

3 - Make a couple of videos for my grandchildren - long distance grandparenting!

Milestones that I am looking forward to in 2010

- Finally getting below 200 pounds
- Hitting the 100 pounds lost marker
- Crossing my legs!
- Running
- Wearing size 14
- Seeing a "normal" person in pictures of myself
- Being overweight instead of obese

I am getting excited just thinking about it!

What are your goals for 2010?

Last edited by time2lose; 01-01-2010 at 02:08 PM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I love your goals!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Great job!!

One idea about the videos - can you set a couple of specific goals, like make one video for Valentines Day, make one Video for the end of the school year? It might be easier if you built in a deadline like that for yourself.

Great idea to do it though - I'm lucky enough to live close to my parents so my son sees his grandparents frequently, but if he didn't, I'd love to have videos like that!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #4  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

Great job!

I only have two goals for 2010:
- get accepted to at least one school
- lose ALOT of weight!

http://299lbs.wordpress.com/
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Your goals and great!

I think my goals for 2010:

- Work on learning to use tools and techniques to deal with emotional hunger.

- Learn to 'live better' with food.

- Get close or even into onederland.

- Get back to daily meditation.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-01-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #6  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't really do the new year resolution thing, but I do have some goals. I guess in a way they are the same thing, but these goals can span longer than a year if they need to.

Lose weight
My ultimate weight loss goal is a pretty large number. Overwhelmingly large. Taking into consideration my original starting weight, I need to lose 178 pounds! But I'm just going to focus on the first 75 for now, and then break that up in to 10-15lbs segments that I can hopefully achieve every two months. That'll put me at 253, hopefully around October/November when I started.

Party Eating
I want to do much better during the holidays next year, than this year. Hopefully I'll have a lot more time to practice eating well when everyone around me is eating junk, so when the holidays come and turn the last 2 months of the year into a gigantic party I am very well prepared to stay on schedule. I had some high points and low points this year, but my resolve was not as strong as I would have liked.

Dairy
Try to cut all dairy out of my diet, and see if it helps. I really don't want to be allergic to dairy or lactose intolerant because there are a lot of good foods that contain milk so I have been hedging it.

Thyroid
Get my blood work done and see if I have any thyroid issues -- I've been putting it off for years. Save up some cash and do it! If no problems, then good, and I will go on my way. But if I do have problems, then I need to take care of myself.

Organize my life
I tend to let dishes stack up in the sink, the laundry spill over the basket and into my room, papers accumulate, etc. I am a very organized person at heart and I like for things to be in their place, but I don't always have the energy to do it. My goal in the new year is to become the fastidious person that I want to be; to declutter and simplify my life.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #7  
account abandoned

I love your goals! (L)

Here are my goals for 2010 --

1. Lose at least 50 pounds.
2. Complete the 40-mile walk for charity successfully (in March)
3. Start saving up money and learn to budget.
4. Apply for university (starting September)
5. Be more organised! As in getting things done when they are meant to be, like homework and chores ;D

Milestones to look forward to in 2010 --
Getting closer or even get to onederland ;D
Celebrating my 5th anniversary with my boyfriend in August ; hopefully I will be a lot slimmer then!
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #8  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

*sniff* *sniff* I smell Onederland for me in 2010!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I make resolutions every year. For a long time it was 'lose weight', but until 2006 I never followed through. Now that I've been working on weight loss steadily for a few years, I have branched out in my resolutions. This year they're centered around working on my emotional well-being, which I already started in 2009. So in 2010, I plan to:

+ work harder on my novel
+ lose some more weight
+ be more proactive about meeting people I don't work with, and also date some more
+ do an unassisted pull-up (I despair of ever doing even one, so working on strength is a big goal this year)
+ continue working on living mindfully
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I also don't do resolutions, but I do set goals for myself that I commit to achieving, whatever the timeframe may be.

The only things I'd really like to achieve in *this year* are:

1. Lose 22 pounds, to get down to 189 (sometime before or after goal #2)
2. Get pregnant with third child (we've already started TTC)

Ideally I'd lose those 22 pounds before baby #3, but it doesn't matter. DH doesn't want to switch our insurance until 2011 anyway, so I have all year to whittle away at that weight and I am REALLY fired up to do it! It is a long term goal of ours (switching to an HSA) that previously was entirely out of reach - and NOW I am looking to make a lower weight to cut our costs, as we already qualify! That is huge, considering they wouldn't even give us a rate quote a few years ago, because I was so overweight I didn't come even CLOSE to their weight cutoff for coverage.

Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #11  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

seeing your list and what you accomplished at the end of the year, that's just really positive and inspiring. congratulations!

you know, this New Years I was seriously staying away from resolutions, with the thought in mind that I don't stick to them. this was a tough year for me job wise and relationship wise. I think I felt stuck (and still feel stuckness), and I let it hinder me in setting and going after goals with the kind of gusto I would like.

it's a little amazing to me that I've gotten under the 240 mark, seeing the 230s. and my body is different, from working out. and my habits have gotten better, no doubt about it.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I also like to think in terms of "goals" instead of "resolutions" and also like to evaluate my progress occasionally.

Happy New Year everyone!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote