Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 11:02 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Dec. 30

If you have 50 or so pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi everybody! Sure is quiet in here! Hope everyone's holidays are going great. Things are quiet here as we settle back in, though I'm having a hard time staying within points. And weigh in for January is next Saturday! Gotta get serious again ...

Drop in and say hi, everybody!

Jan
Old 12-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #2  

Hi!

Ok, this year I really want to get this weight off; I have tried everything so I'm gonna try WW. I've struggled all my life with my weight and nothing seems to last; so this year I'm committing to learning how to eat right and lose this weight. I plan on joining next Monday and any advice encorgaement will be appreciated! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 01-01-2003, 06:57 AM   #3  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable New Years Eve. I fell asleep about 9- missed the whole thing.
I'm off today- one of the advantages of having a Jan 1 birthday! It will be a quiet day- laundry, a few aroud the house chores, etc. It's just nice to have a day off in the middle of the week!
Welcome, Nascargirl! Good luck in your quest. You'll get some good support in this forum- our Jan is a shining example to all of us. The most obvious and immediate advice I can give you is to go to the meetings every week. The support is amazing, and being accountable to yourself and a scale on a weekly basis helps keep you on track. Also, make it an adventure- find new ways to cook favorite high fat things, enjoy new foods, become a nutrition expert. And think about a healthier, happier you in your not-to-distant future. Tell us a little about yourself.
Well, ladies, my computer acts like it's about to knock me offline, so I'll close before I lose this post all together!
Hi to all, and have a wonderful day.
Carol

Last edited by Rymsh; 01-01-2003 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:41 AM   #4  

Happy Birthday, Carol!! Enjoy your day off! (I hope you can find something more fun to do than laundry, though!) Thanks for the compliment, though the truth is that everyone in this group is a great example (and lovely people in every way). I can never thank y'all enough for all the wonderful support you have given me over the years!!

Welcome to the group, Nascargirl! Congratulations on your decision to join WW. Carol is so right, going to the meetings is very important, especially when you don't feel like it. And be patient with yourself, because the WW way of losing weight is slow but *permanent,* which is so important. Next New Year's Day, you will be SO glad you made this decision!!

Had a wonderful time last night. Went out to a really nice Italian restaurant with some friends, had poached salmon w/wild mushrooms, yum. Stayed within maint. pts, even with a little wine. (Have to weigh in on Saturday, oh my ...) Watched fireworks from our friends' deck (our town's and San Antonio's ... it was such a clear night we could even see those, a little.) Not much planned for today; maybe I'll clear away clutter while dh watches the games. Am heading out for a little walk now; beautiful weather today.

Happy New Year to Carol, Nascargirl, Janet, Texaslady, Linda, JOYce, Tonya, Kelly, and Lilithu! Hope to hear more from everyone soon; we've been way too quiet over the holidays!

JOYce, you and your sister are in our prayers.

Luv,
Jan
Old 01-02-2003, 09:22 AM   #5  

Thanks so much for the warm welcome Carol & Jan! I desperately want to get this weight off. I am determined to get with it and stick to it. I realize that I have a extremely slow metabolism and not to expect a huge loss right a way but as long as it's steady that's all that matters. Do ya'll still attend meetings? Another question did you begin exercising from the beginning of your plan? I plan on getting back on my Treadmill and starting back to walking. This is another resolution to get into shape.

Carol asked me to tell ya a little about myself, I'm 39 work fulltime for USDA, rural Development and also am a Mary Kay consultant. I have 2 step kids Michelle 24, and Darrell who will be 12 on the 8th. Been married for 3 yrs and have 2 fur kids, Yuri my russian blue cat is 12 and Buffy my cocker spaniel is 9. Perry, my DH is a tall rail thin fella that loves to BBQ! So I do hope I can enjoy his cooking still on the WW plan. DH has recently had a job change so he will be out of town a good bit so hopefully I can get myself tuned in to a better way of cooking etc. Just wanta fell better and get back into those smaller clothes that are in the closet!
Well better get busy; I'm off today gotta get the tree down!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 01-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #6  

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to y'all!!!! I hope everyone has a very happy, healthy and blessed new year.

Welcome to our newest member Nascar Girl. You'll find a lot of support from these wonderful girls. There are some wonderful success stories here. Don't worry about that BBQ. There really isn't anything you can't incorporate into your WW plan with a little planning.

I don't know what traditions other parts of the country have, but down here in the south we eat blackeyed peas and cabbage...and I can't stand either one! I was a good girl and ate my peas, but I cheated on the cabbage and ate cole slaw. I guess I shouldn't really say that I don't like cabbage...what I mean is I don't like cooked cabbage.

Tomorrow the boys (the kittens) all go to be neutered. DD's boyfriend is going to take them for me and then I'll be able to pick them up after work. Poor babies! I know it has to be done.

Jan, I don't know if you saw this on the news, but Mississippi is the first state to have an online computer in every public classroom. It's nice to be on the top of the list for something good for a change!

I had better get back to work. I'll try to post again later. I am going to do much better this year with my posting and not wait so long in between. I miss everyone posting regularly like we used to, but I'm thankful for the new members we have gained lately.

Y'all have a great week!

Janet (Kudzu)
Old 01-02-2003, 11:39 AM   #7  
BirdBrain

Good morning ladies! I was a good girl on New Year's Eve, but got some kind of hideous flu bug yesterday... I slept from 2:00 yesterday afternoon straight through to this morning. THAT is sick. (for me, anyway) I'm a bit off today still, but nothing like yesterday.

Welcome Nascar Girl!

Well, my next weigh-in is Monday. My cumulative total is 5 pounds down from Dec 5.

I'll check in later, but wanted to let everyone know I'm still kicking!

Kelly
Old 01-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #8  

Hi Kelly! Way to go on the five pounds! I'm sorry to hear you have been so sick, but I'm glad the extra sleep helped. Wtg on staying op New Year's Eve!

Janet, yay for Mississippi, that's great! Glad to hear y'all had the requisite black-eyed peas; I was very upset with myself today when I realized we'd forgotten to do that yesterday! Oh well, we'll have some tonight, better late than never.

Nascargirl, you sound very determined; I just know you'll succeed at this! Re: bbq-ing, that can fit in very well with healthy cooking. My dh often grills salmon and chicken for us over mesquite wood; lots of flavor, and lower in fat (esp. if the chicken skin is removed after cooking). And there are these great little grill-woks for grilling veggies, too. Re: meetings, I go at least once a month to weigh in as a lifetime member. If I stay within 2 pounds of goal, and weigh in monthly, I don't have to pay anything. (Good incentive, huh?) Also, my dh is a current WW member, so I often go with him. My total loss is 101 pounds, and I've kept it off since summer of 2001 when I finally reached goal. (I'm trying to lose 8-10 pounds more to reach a personal goal, but I need to try harder! I'm a very slow loser.) Re: exercise, I started walking every morning about a third of the way down, and I found it really helped. When I started, I could walk maybe half a mile, and would be very winded. Now I walk two to three miles, and keep to a much faster pace. It just makes me feel better all day, and improves my mood so much! I don't know why WW doesn't stress it more than they do.

Carol, hope you enjoyed your birthday yesterday! Was thinking about you!

Hi to Texaslady, JOYce, Linda, Tonya, and Lilithu! Stop in and say hi when you can!
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-03-2003, 06:23 AM   #9  

Hi!

First of all I want to wish everyone a splendid year. I'm actually quite glad the holidays are over.. I had fun, I had great meals and I didn't count any points, and now I'm like totally motivated again to reach my goal weight. I can't help the feeling that 2003 is gonna be my first thin year in ages. And I cannot wait I've gained some pounds over the last month, last time I checked I weighed 218 pounds, and my lowest weight was 214 pounds, so it's not a drama or anything.. Starting from today I am going to get on my hometrainer again, drink liters of water and get myself in shape. 165 pounds, here I come

Welcome Nascar Girl! I am sure that you'll find lots of support here. I'm sure I did..

Gotta run now!

bye bye

lilithu
Old 01-03-2003, 11:27 AM   #10  

Hi all!
Janet, I'm not too far from you...Georgia; I hate cooked cabage as well; here we eat collards with the blackeyes; since I don;t like blackeyes I ate the collards for the money they are suppose to bring!
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I go Monday night for my first meeting; I'm already trying to be more aware of what goes into the mouth though!

It's a little cold here today 30's and windy. Last day off; will be back at the J.O.B. on Monday. Will try to check in over the weekend! Have a good one!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:44 PM   #11  

Hi Lilithu! Great to hear from you again! I'm like you, I enjoyed the holidays, but I'm ready to get back to work. And good for you, recommitting to the journey! I agree, a slight gain like that is not a big setback, and you will have that off in no time. This will definitely be your year to become thin for life!

Nascar Girl, I know you'll enjoy the program and the meetings; way to go on taking this so-important first step! We'll all be here rooting for you, and ready to answer any program questions we can.

Had a very stressful day today. Dad's skin cancer surgeon did some work on him today, and said he was sure one of the places was cancer. He made an appt for Dad to have surgery tomorrow morning, but said he'd call tonight with the definite results of the biopsy. And he did, and for the first time, it turned out NOT to be cancer! Yay! When we got home this afternoon, before the call, I was so tired and discouraged that I was really ready to forget program entirely, but my sweet dh sensed that, so we went out for a sunset walk and came back to a very healthy dinner (salad w/grilled chicken, no vino). He fixed us herbal tea, and he's watching football now while I post. Talk about a roller coaster of a day!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Any special plans? Hi to JOYce, Carol, Linda, Texaslady, Janet, & Kelly!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-04-2003, 08:35 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,
I just fell upon your group. It sounds great. Janet Mae you are an insperation. 101 pounds, awesome. I would like to lose 50 to 60 pounds. I have joined ww online. I live in a small town and there are no meetings close by. It seems like a plan I can stick to. I am trying the new year thing, my main goal is to just get healthier, on the eating and the exercising. If the weight falls off so much better. I will check in later, just wanted to aquaint myself.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:58 PM   #13  
BirdBrain

Heya loon2! I also don't have local meetings. I'm kind of wishing I didn't even join WW online, but I always *think* I need the latest and greatest. And I now realize it simply isn't. With everything together though, it works out.

Kelly
Old 01-04-2003, 10:32 PM   #14  

Hi Loon2! Welcome to the group! And congrats on deciding to get healthier. I live in a small town too, but there's a meeting in a city about 70 miles away, so we usually go there on Saturdays, & run errands afterwards. (Dh is a current member.) I haven't joined the online version, but I hear it has lots of features; let us know what you think of it after you've tried it!

Hi there Kelly! Yeah, I know what you mean, it takes a combination of resources to tackle this journey. This site has been a huge help to me all along the way! Then there are the books (Thin for Life, Volumetrics, Fit or Fat, and of course cookbooks) and magazines (Health, Self, WW). I'm like you, I like to try every tool I can find!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #15  

Talking starting today! 01/05/03

Hi all! The 50 or more club sounds great to me, I hope you will let me join in too I am starting counting my points today. Is there somewhere on here we post our weights and do we weigh in on a certain day of the week? Thanks!
Closed Thread