Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Dec. 28 - Jan. 3

Good Monday morning, chickies! Happy New Year! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Day 2.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I have been MIA from the binge challenge since Thanksgiving. However, due to a competition at bootcamp I managed to lose some weight. I am back on the binge challenge wagon. You have no clue what this little thread does for me as far as accountability!

I hope you all had a great holiday and you are like me in looking forward to a great binge free 2010!

Day 1 for me!

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone!

I'm on Day 50--I feel like it's getting a bit easier, although I don't know if it's because I'm not stressed out, and I haven't been bored. I haven't really had that horrible urge creeping over my shoulder lately, which feels great. I was thinking this morning that maybe I was "cured", but I think that this is dangerous thinking, as it would allow me to let down my guard...not going to allow that to happen! I will be vigilant, one day at a time.

Ladyrider--nice to see you again! Good luck with Day 1, it's always the hardest!

Dogmom--Good luck with Day 2! You can do it.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #5  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

It's good to see you back, Wardhog and Ladyrider. Hope you have a binge-free Day 1!

DogMom, good luck w/ Day 2. How is it going?

Paris, you are doing so well, but I agree w/ you about never thinking we are "cured." I still have to be vigilant every single day, although some days are easier than others. I can go for a week w/ no desire to binge and then it will come upon me, whether due to stress or eating too much sugar, and I just have to use the tools I have acquired along my journey to ride the urge out without acting upon it. I have a feeling we will both make it to New Year's binge-free.

As for me, I am working on Day 52 today. No binge urges yesterday and I'm hoping for the same today. I am almost 2 months binge-free. My record is 3 months binge-free, and I am working on surpassing that.

How is everyone else doing? It is the last week of the year. Let's make it count!

Last edited by EsperanzaBella82; 12-28-2009 at 12:45 PM.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #6  

I'm on day 51. It's crazy, yesterday morning I was feeling so confident about it, as you can see from my post, and then last night, I got that urge. It wasn't too strong, and I quashed it by just going to bed, but it was there. I'm glad I've developed some of the coping skills to deal with this.

Last time I went a long time binge-free, it was over a month, I stopped posting here because I thought I didn't need it. And I didn't want to be snotty about how well I was doing--talk about over confident! and then I binged, so clearly that didn't work, the overconfidence hurt me, and so now I'm coming here every day, unless my schedule relaly doesn't allow it!

Thank God for all of you-just by being here to read what I write, I do better.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #7  

Paris and EsperanzaBella82, you two are doing great!

It is day 2 for me. Paris, you are right...... something about just writing it down here helps. I don't know why..... it just does.

I hope we all break our own personal records.

Y'all have a great day!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #8  

Day 3!

I was able to "be good" yesterday by having all my planned meals inputted in my mobile system, and in the kitchen as I actually measured everything out, I updated the system, so I ended up being totally OP.

This is what I used to do in the old days, I just need to get back into this routine! I learned the hard way I cannot "eye ball it" or wait until days end to tally up my cal and 'hope for the best.'

[It's kind of weird, knowing I will only make it to day 4 b/c we are having lots of food NYE, but I guess it's better to be good right up to then, rather than be bad that night AND all this week]
Old 12-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #9  
Finding Myself

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5.5

Hi,
Can I start today? I missed this post yesterday.
lilith38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #10  

Day 4 here.

Challenges this week will be not wrecking it tonight (when I know I will be bad tomorrow) and not continuing on a bad streak 1/1.

I have not worked out this week, no energy (getting used to not eating huge amts?)?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #11  

Day 52 Two more days until New Year!

Lilith--you can start whenever!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #12  

Day 3 for me. I am trying to hold steady at 185 until New Year, then back on plan for the last 10 pounds.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #13  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am working on day 5 today. Weight is holding steady, though - so frustrating.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #14  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Day 54 today.

My beloved chocolate lab, Zena Bear, whom I rescued and adopted 2 1/2 months ago when I found her in a situation where she had mammary cancer that was developing since the late spring and her previous "owner" did NOTHING about it, passed away yesterday (12/29) at 3:30 in the morning. She had a mild seizure the night before around 6:30 PM but seemed fine afterwards, although we kept an eye on her all night. I stayed w/ her the whole night. I even fed her chicken parmesan because she acted like she was starving. She loved it. She was running on her walk on Monday, barking at the dogs she passed, drinking and eating, going to the bathroom normally, etc.

She was sleeping in her favorite bed in my bedroom when I heard her cry out in the middle of the night. I rushed over to her and she was gone w/in 5-10 seconds. The cancer had just gone through her entire body. When we got her, we immediately took her to a vet and it had already spread into one lung and her lymph nodes. We tried to make her as comfortable as possible, and I think we did. She hiked, played w/ her puppy Zachary, took walks, and ate lots of good foods (prime rib on Christmas, lamb a week ago, salmon fillets, eggs on a regular basis, etc). This is the way I wanted it to be for her--painless and quick. We brought her body to her vet yesterday for cremation services. She'll be picked up tomorrow and we'll get her ashes back w/in a couple of weeks. We ordered a special urn for her as well.

I'm just really really sad right now. Her puppy Zachary misses her. Everybody does. She brought so much goodness and light into our lives, even if for a short time. I know I will see her again one day, but in the meantime she is cancer free, pain free, healthy and happy where she is. She had a very happy 2 1/2 months with us and she died where she wanted to die. She was never alone. She was loved unconditionally every day she was with us. I don't know what she suffered through in her past (I have a feeling she was abused; she was obviously neglected) but she was happy with us. She was so strong, smart and beautiful. She taught me about both life and death as well as made me a better person. I will never forget her. She was and always will be my protector.

I definitely comfort ate a little bit yesterday evening (I had 1 1/4 homemade biscotti as well as 1/4 of a bar of dark chocolate) but it didn't lead to bingeing. Zena would not have wanted me to do that. She would have wanted me to continue to be healthy and move forward with my life. It feels like a part of me left w/ her. I'm glad that she made it to Christmas. I tried to make it special for her. I wish she had hung on until her birthday on New Year's day. She was going to be 9. I was planning to make special doggie cupcakes for her and I bought her a new toy. Instead we'll have a celebration in her memory.

Here are a few pics of my baby girl w/ her puppy Zachary (19 months), and the last pic was taken the morning she died--it was cloudy all day the day before she died, which is rare for Arizona, and then yesterday the clouds parted and the sky was a perfect shade of blue:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0018.jpg (30.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0015.jpg (26.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0043.jpg (26.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0073.jpg (20.3 KB, 3 views)
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #15  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

EsperanzaBella, your post made me cry. My heart goes out to you. You did such an amazing thing for her and she did for you too. You made her life better and she made yours better too. You showed her that there are angels on Earth too.

Great that you didn't binge. That never makes things better in the long run and you were thinking just right....she wouldn't want you to.

It has been 60 days binge free for me. I can't believe it. I don't know if I've ever gone that long. I'm really hoping to make this a life style, but I know that I will always need to be cognizant of my shortcomings and triggers.

I have a really great feeling about 2010 for all of us! Just keep posting and keep supporting one another through this journey and together, we are strong enough to succeed!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote