Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Was Santa good to you?

This Christmas was a very different Christmas for my husband and I in comparison to past years. Gone were the multiple candy bars and chocolate in the stockings, gone was the big canister of Almond Roca that was one of my usual presents, gone were the containers of candy and nuts that were a staple around our house in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and gone were the cookies, cakes, pies and other stuff that usually made up a good portion of our holiday food intake.

Instead, I got the heart rate monitor I've been wanting (and love!), a Fitbook journal, a pair of ear warmers to wear when I'm running or biking outside, a pair of good goggles for swimming, and Hungry Girl recipe cards.

I ate without overeating, made healthy choices, ignored the sweet stuff that my relatives brought (and made them take the remainders home with them when they left) and don't have to deal with any post-holiday guilt.

Instead of spending the holidays eating and laying around, my husband and I went for a 25 mile bike ride one day and a 4 mile run the next.

So, how was this holiday season different for you?
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hugely different. I didn't receive tons of boxes of chocolate. I got one nice dark bar in my stocking and NO cheap crap. I ate moderate amounts of my favourite foods and NEVER went back for seconds.

It was... relaxing
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It was very different I got a small box of dark assorted Godiva chocolate (which will last me for a long time since I like to eat one every once in a while!) and the day was more activity based than just food. I did cook Christmas dinner and invited my dad and stepmom over but it was all WW recipes
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I got all kinds of goodies, but instead of dwelling on them I put them all in a big grocery bag and handed them over to my boyfriend, who doesn't struggle with overeating sweets. I didn't feel any reluctance, in fact I was happy to see the sweets go away. On Christmas I ate the turkey and salad and tried to make good choices.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yup, me too! I had treats thru the house for guests (hehehe sneaky me i put stuff there i don't like) but no candies for each other. DH and I decided to buy chickens/goats/mosquito netting for a village a friend of ours is doing engineering work for in Africa, it made a huge difference to their standard of living which was awesome, but then DH went and cheated and bought me an iPhone too! yay! and he bought me cutie little journals - small ones without lines, don't know why but i love 'em -- and cute little pens and glue stick as i'm always doodling in my food journals and pasting inspirational things in it... sigh... he's dreamy!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
yup, me too! I had treats thru the house for guests (hehehe sneaky me i put stuff there i don't like) but no candies for each other.
That is such a brilliant idea. Really, next time I have company over and want to give them a special dessert I will make sure it is something I am not fond of, but I know other people will like.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I got one box of whoppers--the Jr. size and ate them with coffee Christmas morning. LOL--500 calories downed in a matter of 6-7 minutes! I also got one dark choc. Dove bar.

I got monogrammed leopard slippers, a set of pjs, body cream and a bicycle with a helmet, bell and lock! We have had ice since Christmas so no riding just yet for me!

I bought myself perfumes from Estee' Lauder (out of the ordinary since I always wear Sung) and a huge makeup kit from E Lauder too. I also bought myself the 3-mile Advanced Walk DVD by Leslie Samsone for $4. I highly recommend it--I had my doubts because it was just walking but it's very good--and more than just walking.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-29-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5.5"

My mom bought me a heavy duty portable stair stepper so that I can exercise after my kids go to sleep and put it away during the day so the kids can't hurt themselves on it. Stair steppers are the only exercise I like doing because the movement seems natural to me and there is almost no impact. I could never have afforded it on my own and I really appreciate the gift so much. My sister gave me a microwave hard boiled egg cooker. It only takes 5 minutes in the microwave for perfect eggs! Both my kids are liking them too. My husband bought me a book of local hiking trails and the kids and I have spent the vacation exploring new nature hikes. My present to myself was to stay 100% on plan.

Here's to a great 2010 for all of us.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

I did great as well-I didn't overeat at all. (unlike Thanksgiving!)

For presents, the only thing I got (and the only thing I really wanted) was a new Bible. I love it.
chewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #10  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I was visiting my parents at the beach, so we had fresh swordfish steaks for Christmas dinner. (They're my favorite and I can't get seafood worth eating in my landlocked state.) We also had Brussels sprouts roasted in bacon and they had yams on the side. It was a really nice, healthy meal.

No chocolate on Christmas morning from my food pusher dad, either. It's taken him three years, but he's finally learning.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #11  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Santa was nice to me. I got a scarf and a book I wanted. There were no sweets from Santa this year. I did a lot of baking but I gave away the stuff I like as presents and put the stuff I don't like out for guests.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

Santa was very good to me. Among other things, I got some Pink Grapefruit lotion from B&BW. It has been discontinued, but our local shop had a few bottles tucked away. That was a nice suprise. I also got a really great steam iron for my quilting work.

I didn't do as well as the rest of you on eating. I overindulged in just about anything you can think of. I threw the rest of the peanut brittle, popcorn, breads, etc away last night. I am retaining water like crazy; I can't get my ring off my finger at all. I think I've learned my lesson (finally!) to stay away from that crap. It doesn't make me feel good except while it's in my mouth; as soon as that part is over, I feel bad. And it makes me realize how easy it would be to go right back to my old habits.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

My husband filled my stocking with things like fancy coffees, an array of pretty-colored spatulas and a single, high-quality dark chocolate bar. My grandmother gave me a hungry girl recipe book. My father gave me some hiking accessories. And a family friend, upon seeing me for the first time in over a year, embraced me and asked me if I needed any food, because she had some in her car :-) Favorite reaction ever!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #14  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePicketFences View Post
And a family friend, upon seeing me for the first time in over a year, embraced me and asked me if I needed any food, because she had some in her car :-) Favorite reaction ever!
I love it!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #15  

hi everyone, i am new to this site and am not sure if i'm posting right. santa was good 2 me but i was not very good back. ate wayyyyyy too much, planning on the gym when kids go back 2 school. hard 2 do when they're home. hope everyone on here has a healthy new year!
malaniag is offline   Reply With Quote