Old 12-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Goals for 2010

1. Stop buying/preparing/eating foods I do not really want. This is esp a problem at holiday time. From now on I am only serving food that somebody really wants.
2. Only 1 dessert at each holiday meal. There is no need for such a large amount of food and options. We should only eat a small amount of dessert anyway.
3. Stick to my diabetic diet. I have decided to post it every where in my kitchen...it's already on the fridge but will make it more obvious, and will put it on the cupboard and pantry doors too!
4. Limit my snacks to one esp in the evening when it is the most problem to me.
5. Search for good healthy low-calorie, low-carb, and hopefully very filling snack ideas. I did this with meals and it helped me but snacks are my biggest challenge!!

Can you tell I am thoroughly disgusted at the amount of food I currently have in the house...esp things I shouldn't even be eating? Can you tell I am thoroughly disgusted at the amount of foods I have eaten this holiday season that I honestly didn't even want until it was there in my kitchen? My grown children are all quite health conscious and even those who still are able to come home for the holidays do not want all this food pushed at them. Even my dh (who is a very disciplined eater) has not even wanted the usual Christmas "treats," so much this year and yet we bought them. We should have kept the money and used it to build our emergency fund or given it to the poor. Sorry to be such a downer, but I wanted to publicly confess my sin of gluttony and waste and state my determination to change. I will add more goals as I think of them. Please add your goals for 2010.

Last edited by maryea; 12-27-2009 at 09:31 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
1. Stop buying/preparing/eating foods I do not really want. This is esp a problem at holiday time. From now on I am only serving food that somebody really wants.
2. Only 1 dessert at each holiday meal. There is no need for such a large amount of food and options. We should only eat a small amount of dessert anyway.
3. Stick to my diabetic diet. I have decided to post it every where in my kitchen...it's already on the fridge but will make it more obvious, and will put it on the cupboard and pantry doors too!
4. Limit my snacks to one esp in the evening when it is the most problem to me.

Can you tell I am thoroughly disgusted at the amount of food I currently have in the house...esp things I shouldn't even be eating? Can you tell I am thoroughly disgusted at the amount of foods I have eaten this holiday season that I honestly didn't even want until it was there in my kitchen? My grown children are all quite health conscious and even those who still are able to come home for the holidays do not want all this food pushed at them. Even my dh (who is a very disciplined eater) has not even wanted the usual Christmas "treats," so much this year and yet we bought them. We should have kept the money and used it to build our emergency fund or given it to the poor. Sorry to be such a downer, but I wanted to publicly confess my sin of gluttony and waste and state my determination to change. I will add more goals as I think of them. Please add your goals for 2010.
Hi Mary,

I doubt that there are many here who do not share your feelings of eating too much and the wrong stuff over the holidays. OK, let's pull together and have a healthy eating holiday on 12/31 and 1/1.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #3  

Yes, I'm sure that's true. LOL I just needed to vent and also I want to learn from my mistakes...hence my making goals for the new year. I think it is good to have goals. What are some of yours, Lynn?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Lynn's 2010 goals -

1) Exercise at least 30 miles/week

2) Eat fewer than 1,200 calories/day

3) Make 1 new vegetarian recipe each week

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 12-27-2009 at 03:58 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

OK, here goes:

1. Continue the one dessert per week goal established in the Fall 2009 50+ Challenge.

2. Eat foods that will nourish my body and not just fill me up.

3. Banish chips, chocolate bars, soda pop, etc from my home/diet.

4. a) Walk as many days as weather permits.
b) Strength training/exercises 3x a week.

5. Reach goal weight of 130 (125 when 130 has been attained) and maintain.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
OK, here goes:

2. Eat foods that will nourish my body and not just fill me up.
This is what I want to do too! I'm hoping to take my anger and frustration over my holiday eating into the New Year to make some great changes!! You both have set some good goals. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #7  

My goals are:

1. Keep calories to around 1500 per day (1800 on weekends!)
2. Exercise at least 20 minutes every day
3. PORTION CONTROL!!!
4. Get my husband to eat healthier with me

Mini-Goal: Be in the 180's by my birthday (Feb. 14)
Big Goal: Be in the 160's by my daughter's college graduation (May 2010)

Start Weight - 202
Current Weight - 194
Ultimate Goal Weight - 150

Height: 5' 8" Age 51
JJCaraker is offline   Reply With Quote