Old 12-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Denial -

I've recently went off plan for a long stretch and have gained some weight. Although I can see a slight difference in my face, I've been wearing the same clothes (but they don't see to fit as well) but it's no big deal, right?

I can honestly say I've been in denial. DENIAL.

Scale going up, pants getting tighter, it's no big deal... and then one day I've realize this slow slide backwards is turning into an avalanche! This slight vacation has ended up being the majority of 2009 and this little gain has ended up a 23 pound gain.

It's so easy, isn't it?

For me, there wasn't a "wake-up call" per se -- just one day realizing that 23 pounds is not holiday bloat and I'm going to have to do something about it. In order to keep myself honest, I need to track my weight and measurements again. Seeing the numbers will help me "own" my weight and not stick my head in the sand!

What have you been in denial about? What are you going to do about it?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

So, so, so much denial here! I think just living in this body for as many years as I have without doing anything about it screams a very deep, deep denial.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
This slight vacation has ended up being the majority of 2009 and this little gain has ended up a 23 pound gain.
I know just what you're talking about.
I'm 3 pounds heavier this morning than when I started back at 3FC in May.
Talk about denial
I started at 255 in May- got to 232 in early J uly - then fell off the wagon over the July 4th weekend, and haven't been able to get back on program.
It's almost 6 months later......

What am I going to do about it?

I'm going to recommit to my program as of this moment, and not wait for the NYE crush.

First thing I'm going to do is change my ticker info and then take it from there.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ugh... Denial is my one very favorite coping strategy in life!

I think I'm doing okay weight wise, but there are other areas in my life that could use a little wake-up call.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Ugh... Denial is my one very favorite coping strategy in life!

I think I'm doing okay weight wise, but there are other areas in my life that could use a little wake-up call.
Isn't it funny how focusing on one area of your life highlights the other things that need work? It's like fixing things around the house - you can ignore and ignore and ignore what needs to be done, but once you start fixing one thing, suddenly the other things don't feel as tolerable anymore.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:05 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I've been in denial pretty much most of the summer and fall. Lately, I've been eating everything in site because I know as soon as I get back from my vacation next week that I'm going to be super strict about my eating, exercise, journal, health habits, etc. I slowly, slowly got back into a lot of old habits and even habits I never had before (eating fast food or drinking soda!). It didn't happen over night and I didn't gain any weight, but at the same time I didn't do myself any good. I feel like **** (tired all the time, def. lost muscle, endurance, etc. ) and I don't have the same energy as before.

So, I've been in denial along time, but I gave myself a big fat wake up call by taking my pics in my undergarments. It's strange though because I feel I'm not fat sometimes.... especially because I had a 75lb weightloss, but the truth is -inspite of the weightloss- im STILL OBESE and that's not healthy.

So DENIAL time OVER ....am not waiting till new year's to get on plan. I'm doing it now!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think this summer I wasn't in denial, just strongly ignoring and avoiding - but the end result is the same. I stopped it at about 8 pounds (but really it's more because I also wasn't exercising), you stopped it at 23 pounds. It's all good - it's the catching it *now* that matters! I've lost my gain and then some, and you will too! The best part is you feel great again, mentally and physically, long before all the pounds are lost

Ubergirl, I know exactly what you mean Ah well, progress not perfection!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #8  
account abandoned

I think I'm in major denial! I don't know how much I weigh but I'm guessing I'm about 240 lbs. However, I feel thin. Even when I look at myself in the mirror, I think 'Who is that girl? Can't be me because I'm not that fat... right?'

I know I'm fat. I'm just in denial
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

I have been yoyo dieting so much, and it was always denial which allowed me to put the weight back on: I`m slim now, 1kg more won`t hurt me. The skinny clothes still fit, so it won`t be noticeable. Yes, but I haven`t been to the loo yet. It`s water retention. The list is endless.

I often hear that we should not place so much importance onto the number on the scales. That`s however what I`ll do now and what I want to do for the rest of my life. Having an upper weight limit will keep me accountable and show me what`s acceptable and what is not.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Ah, the Land of Denial, I lived there for many years. You are doing the right thing by acknowledging it with a 23 pound gain. As hard as it is to deal with 23 pounds, it is even harder to deal with 50 or 60 pounds. It is easy to just keep our heads in the sand and not see what is happening.

I remind myself often that I can not live in the Land of Denial, that leads to more hurt. I lived in Denial until I was almost 300 pounds and could barely walk down the street.

You have lost weight before and know what to do.

You can do this and you will do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 292/T/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
Isn't it funny how focusing on one area of your life highlights the other things that need work? It's like fixing things around the house - you can ignore and ignore and ignore what needs to be done, but once you start fixing one thing, suddenly the other things don't feel as tolerable anymore.
That is a wonderful point and such a great way to put it. Thank you for that!
Momto2Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #12  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Posting about it here if the first step and that took a load of courage. During the 2+ years I've been at this, I've had lapses and once there was a full scale avalanche (gained back 50 pounds). This is a life time thing and the most important thing is what you've already done, and that is moving forward again.

Everyone has lapses. Everyone struggles. We can either learn from it and move on stronger and more motivated or else we can give up and let those bad habits take control. You are doing the first choice and I'm proud of you.

Last edited by matt_H; 12-28-2009 at 01:25 PM.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #13  

Hi there..

...first post after so long, and I'm posting here..
I've been in denial for 2-3 months already, and I just..stopped...working out. I remember asking advice / support here, but ended up as a moot point. : | I keep procrastinating and at the same time thinking, "OMG, I will work..but I am getting thinner, am I? Yes! I am! No need to work out! YAY!"
.....My weight keep yo-yoing like no end while I keep it like this.

I guess I have to accept it and start changing for the better and be stronger.
Trefle is offline   Reply With Quote