Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #1  
♪♫ Katie ♫♪

S/C/G: 339/298(+/-)/180

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb Recipes for a picky eater?

I'm a VERY picky eater. I can't stand ANY seafood, mushrooms, celery.
Not a fan of pork or a ton of red meats. My mom's steak is pretty much the only red meat I'll readily eat. LOL

I love veggies but can't seem to get a good recipe that includes a lot of them. I'm not big on adding salt and butter to everything, in fact, I don't order veggies when we eat out because they always end up with butter in them. :X
Don't like raw tomatoes. LOL

I tell ya, I'm bad. But if you have any really yummy recipes that can be made in bulk and frozen I would really appreciate them.

THANKS!
StargateAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi I moved your post to the vegetarian forum because it sounds like you are looking for really good meatless recipes, and I'll bet you'll find some in here You can also go to www.vegetariantimes.com and browse their recipes for just about every vegetable out there. They aren't all low calorie, but most are healthy and very good
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Honestly Stargate, I can't keep straight in my mind the foods you won't eat. I am into simple foods, and usually make either rice/lentils/veggies or veggie soup, once weekly, then eat that or derivatives of it all week. For example, veggie soup could end up in burritos (sans liquid) or even in pancakes... weird, I know. I have a rice steamer and use that to steam rice and lentils together (half of each) plus I put potatoes, broccoli, and carrots on top to steam. I love the potatoes fresh out of the steamer - they're just like baked potatoes.

Anyhow, my diet choices are based on simplicity. I'm not into complex recipes.
ToBThinAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #4  
♪♫ Katie ♫♪

S/C/G: 339/298(+/-)/180

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Hi I moved your post to the vegetarian forum because it sounds like you are looking for really good meatless recipes, and I'll bet you'll find some in here
I really love chicken and will eat SOME red meats. Occaional buger with onion soup mix for flavour, etc. As long as it's NOT SEAFOOD. LOL

Last edited by StargateAddict; 12-25-2009 at 12:14 AM.
StargateAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Ok, so maybe a move back to "Food" will be better after all.

Maybe the easiest thing is for you to look through the recipe forums instead, and find one that works for you.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

When someone tells me they're a picky eater, and asks for recipes, I cringe. It always seems that I have to throw a dozen recipes at them, before one sticks (meeting all their specified and unspecified criteria).

I'm not saying that you would do that, but I've been burned so many times, I'm a bit reluctant to make suggestions, and I also get a mental block trying to even think of recipes that might work.

I think it would be much easier and faster for you to browse the recipes here and on other sites, and get a feel for what appeals to you. You'll often find reviews or comments from people who have also tried the recipe.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote