Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #1  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up CRACK/CONQUER THE FAT LOSS CODE: December 21, 2009

to

"Crack the Fat Loss Code" and
"Conquer the Fat Loss Code"

Support and Information Weekly Thread
December 21, 2009

This thread is for 3FC Members to come a share how they are doing on Wendy Chant's two programs. Each Thread will start on a Monday and last for just one week.

Crack the Fat Loss Code is Wendy Chant's FIRST book - I recommend that you START with that book first. It will cover the basics of her program to a "T".

Then when you have gone through it, if you want you can get the second book - Conquer the Fat Loss Code. It doesn't cover the basics as well as her first book, this is why I recommend "Crack" first!

Here is some brief information about the program from Wendy Chant -

Quote:
Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle - Week 1[/b]
Deplete is a serious word for serious business, but that's exactly what you're going to be doing in the first week of your program. I call it your seven-day diet. And that's the only time I use the word diet to refer to my program, and I use it in the strictest sense of the term.

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle - Weeks 2-4 [/b]
After the first week of your program, you will begin your Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to pattern the body for fat loss and slow its adaptive response. This cycle includes three kinds of days:
Baseline days
Carb-down days
Carb-up days (Food Passes)

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle - Weeks 5-6[/b]
Although I rely largely on manipulating carbohydrates to help you teach the body how to use excess fat stores as energy, this is not a high- or low-carb diet. (Actually it is not a diet at all.) This is about fat loss. So for our third cycle, we want to pick up the pace a little and engage in the Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle. Don't worry if it seem familiar; these are basically the same types of days found in Macro-Patterning Cycle, with changes in how they are cycled to provide an increase in the usage of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle Weeks 7-8[/b]
You can't be on a continuous diet. Living ForeverFit is a long term lifestyle, and living on a lifelong diet is not the answer to enjoying life and living well. During the first three cycles, you've been sprinting - running to catch up and teach your body about using fat for energy. But you can't sprint forever.

The fourth cycle, the Maintenance Cycle, is also used for vactions and to aid in setting a new weight set point for the body to learn to maintain. This is the time that the body resets itself back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During the Maintenance Cycle, you will learn how to live forever fit. The beauty of the Maintenance Cycle is that it can last forever.

We add two days to the Maintenance Cycle:
Cheat Day
High-Carb Day
If you would like to go back and read previous weeks of our thread, you can check them out below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...14-2009-a.html

Once again - Welcome to the Group!
Feel free to jump right in and join us!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #2  

Hey Kim..I made it over here! Thanks! I'm still making my lists! I think on my carb-up days I will just add some fruit in cause I love fruit! I also love me some carrots as you can tell hehehe! keep on cracking! I just have two weeks before I start this....I'm getting prepared
Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Crackin's,
OK, I'm marking my spot!! Now...if I can find it when I log back on.

Got to tell ya all, I lost 1.5 lbs. Yippee!! Now...the secret is to not let it go back up, right? I'm so excited to be losing. You can't....or maybe you can....imagine losing with the menopause thing still going on. Maybe by summer I'll be able to wear my blouses I bought last year and couldn't button around the spare tire that kept expanding.

Ok, got to head over to the pool. Chat more later.

Time just keeps rolling by, no holding it back. Darn! I need a 24 hour day today, to much to do and not enough time to get it all in.
carol
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  

Hey Carol....congrats on the 1.5 pounds! WTG!!!!!!!

I dont have the menopause thing going yet but I have leftover weight from having to take prednisone for my RA ...ugh! I hope I will be in some smaller clothes by summer....well...wait...I WILL be in smaller clothes by summer! We can do this!

I know what you mean about the time! Christmas is keeping me busy but I love it! Keep cracking!

Last edited by Violet73; 12-21-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/182/150

Height: 5'7

I haven't posted on this site for years! Anyways, I'm on my 3rd week of conquer and I'm kicking butt. My friend introduced me to the book and I'm hooked so far. I'm down 5lbs so far
Old 12-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #6  

WTG Kellie!!! Glad you joined our forum! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #7  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo and WELCOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Hey Kim..I made it over here! Thanks! I'm still making my lists! I think on my carb-up days I will just add some fruit in cause I love fruit! I also love me some carrots as you can tell hehehe! keep on cracking! I just have two weeks before I start this....I'm getting prepared
Sure enough LeslieLue! You can have fruit on Carb-Up days - I know when my first Carb-Up day came - I relished that apple! It was like candy to me!

And Carrots GREAT - you can dive into them on Carb-up day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolis60 View Post
Got to tell ya all, I lost 1.5 lbs. Yippee!!
Congratulations Carolis60!

Quote:
I have leftover weight from having to take prednisone for my RA ...ugh!
I'm in the same boat at you LeslieLue...I had a lot of meds I got off of, nothing life threatening - I feel so much better now, and know that some of the weight I'm loos'n is due to getting off the med's too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellielou View Post
I haven't posted on this site for years! Anyways, I'm on my 3rd week of conquer and I'm kicking butt. My friend introduced me to the book and I'm hooked so far. I'm down 5lbs so far
KellieLou!
Congratulation on the fantastic weight loss!
GREAT to have ya join us!

Still battling this bronchitis - but hanging in there....

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Sure enough LeslieLue! You can have fruit on Carb-Up days - I know when my first Carb-Up day came - I relished that apple! It was like candy to me!

And Carrots GREAT - you can dive into them on Carb-up day too!

Congratulations Carolis60!

I'm in the same boat at you LeslieLue...I had a lot of meds I got off of, nothing life threatening - I feel so much better now, and know that some of the weight I'm loos'n is due to getting off the med's too!

KellieLou!
Congratulation on the fantastic weight loss!
GREAT to have ya join us!

Still battling this bronchitis - but hanging in there....

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Thank you all for the contrats! I love all the little guys jumpig around and celebrating. I still can't believe it. Wendy's program is really working for me!

I expect to slow down losing, but I'd take a pound a week at this point. Just as long as the number goes downward and not up.

Ok, I might need a little help here. I'm doing Christmas Eve this year and wanted to have home made Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for dinner. I'm adding sweet Italian sausage and lower fat hamburger to my sauce. Using regular Lasagna noodles.

I was thinking of doing deplete tomorrow and Wednesday, then have a Cheat/Carb Up? day on the 24th. I'll have the Lasagna and salad. Not a problem skipping the bread. Would like to try a small piece of a new recipe I want to try, that's a little like cheese cake but easier to make using crescent rolls. (If I have room for it) I can stay on program for all the meals except dinner and a little dessert, so don't know what to call it.

Then on Christmas day we're going some where else for dinner and it's going to be Prim Rib, mushroom soup with green beans, mixed veggies, and some kind of corn dish. I'm thinking of taking a salad along. Planning on a normal day and having a normal size piece of meat, salad and veggies. Hoping I'm full enough to pass on the pies. Since I have bee good eating my 4-5 times a day with protein, I don't think snacking will be an issue. Have a deplete day on the 26th and go back to the pool for an hour of exercise.

Does any one see anything wrong with my plan? I want to make this work and will have to figure out how to eat on different occasions so I don't have any gains.

I want to get right back into the normal program on the 26th. We don't do much for New Years, we stay home together and watch a little football and snack, but I have some frozen shrimp and I'm making a new recipe for Black Bean hummus. Thought it might be good on cucumbers or toasted EZ bread triangles. My friend says it's delicious.

If anyone sees anything wrong or an improvement, please let me know.

Let's keep on Crackin' ladies. Gotta hit the sack.
Carol
Old 12-22-2009, 02:32 AM   #9  

Evening Kim:
Still battling this bronchitis? Hang in there....

Happy Birthday to you! Here is a for being so friendly and helpful to every one that crosses your path.

Gosh, it's taken me an hour to post on the three threads I joined. But all the ladies are so nice.

I forwarded your letter to my friend in Louisiana tonight. She signed up and than was lost like I was. I think she'll get the hang of the rest with the help of your letter.

I thought she'd enjoy posting and reading on the Faith Based group. She's going to be called "cajungirl64" if you see here tomorrow. I keep telling her about my friend in Wyoming. Been friends since I was 18, over 42 years.

Well, my eyes are starting to shut, got to hit the sack.

Chat more tomorrow.

Hugs,
Carol Ann
Old 12-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #10  

Happy Birthday Kim!!!! Hope you have a great bday!! Sorry you have been sick....it takes a while to get over bronchitis...that darn cough will hang on forever it seems.

I think your plan sounds good. We do have to enjoy our holidays with our family and going off plan a little wont hurt....You have a great plan for the next day and the week after. As long as you dont get the idea that hey...well I already cheated, I might as well eat bad all week (I have done this in the past) then you will be ok.

You will know after this how your body responds to it. I hope you have a great bday!

Last edited by Violet73; 12-22-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/170/135

Height: 5 foot

Hi again Ladies............this is my second sign in, I replied on the other board before I noticed that there was a new weekly thread.......Happy Holidays to all of you.
Maureen
Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofromco View Post
Hi again Ladies............this is my second sign in, I replied on the other board before I noticed that there was a new weekly thread.......Happy Holidays to all of you.
Maureen
Maureen! Nice to have another Crackin' with us. I keep getting lost, got to remember to come over to the new thread each week.

Doing great on the program, but will not eat so much this holiday. I ate one plate full on Thanksgiving, which I thought was suppose to be OK, and gained 1 1/2 pounds!! Took me a week to get that off. I didn't think I was suppose to gain when the CHEAT day was planned? So this time, I'm watching what goes onto the plate and be more careful.

Carol
Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #13  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo! Thank YOU!

Quote:
Does any one see anything wrong with my plan? I want to make this work and will have to figure out how to eat on different occasions so I don't have any gains.
Looks good to me Carol - just do the BEST you can with what days that are being thrown at us. Then, when everything is said and done, get right back on the week you were suppose to be on before all the side tracks!

Quote:
Evening Kim:
Still battling this bronchitis? Hang in there....

Happy Birthday to you! Here is a for being so friendly and helpful to every one that crosses your path.

Gosh, it's taken me an hour to post on the three threads I joined. But all the ladies are so nice.
Awwwwwwwww....Thank you Carol for the wonderful Birthday wishes!
I know what you mean - the threads on 3FC are VERY helpful and it is HARD not to get involved in all of them, that takes time....but well worth it in the support and information you receive from them.
Quote:
Happy Birthday Kim!!!! Hope you have a great bday!! Sorry you have been sick....it takes a while to get over bronchitis...that darn cough will hang on forever it seems.

I think your plan sounds good. We do have to enjoy our holidays with our family and going off plan a little wont hurt....You have a great plan for the next day and the week after. As long as you dont get the idea that hey...well I already cheated, I might as well eat bad all week (I have done this in the past) then you will be ok.

You will know after this how your body responds to it. I hope you have a great bday!
GREAT info and encouragement LeslieLou!
Thank you for the Birthday wishes too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofromco View Post
Maureen
you FOUND us! Yep, we will start a NEW thread each monday, I will post the new thread's URL on the last page of the ending week.

Happy Holidays to you too Maureen!

Well, gon'a sign off now....till later everyone!
Thank you so much for the wonderful Birthday messages!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #14  

I meant part of my post to go to Carol...about the cheating...I guess you guys can understand my posting errors LOL! I can read typonese just hope you guys can
Old 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/170/135

Height: 5 foot

Hi Ladies. Ok, so I will check for a fresh thread each week and attempt to stay on here with you all. I am gluten intolerant as well, as I read someone else is too. I hope to post more information and get a little more familiar with things on here after the holidays.
Thanks again for starting this group, I feel like it will be so great to communicate this way.
Be well.
Maureen
Closed Thread